• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your sexuality?

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
  • Fully heterosexual, never questioned, never had doubts. Just couldn't imagine myself in a sexual relationship with another guy.

Years
  • I've been debating whether or not to post here since this thread's creation, over-analyzing things as I always seem to. Whatever, here goes.

What is your sexuality? I am attracted to women. I'm a... uh... "lesbian." Though I was always a little conflicted with that label because people always seemed to use it in that awful tone of voice, as an insult or something.
    Why do you feel you identify with it more than others? It's very simple. I've never been able to have more than platonic feelings for guys. But I've fallen hard for girls at several points in my life.
    How long have you know you are that sexuality (or sexualities)? I was a very sheltered child growing up, and didn't even know homosexuality existed until some other kids in junior high accused me of being a lesbian. I don't even remember why... maybe I was too cuddly with a female friend? I was like "What's a lesbian? Some kind space alien?" I hadn't developed any romantic/sexual feelings yet at the time... but from what people said about girls liking girls, I could tell it was something not approved by others. But I definitely knew I was gay when at 15 years old.
    Do you ever run into problems being what you are at times? Well, after all these years, I'm still not out to anybody I know... save for my mother and a single trusted friend. Throughout high school I was often anxious about how things may change if people found out. Back then I payed way too much attention to how I could be perceived by others and was also highly susceptible to succumbing to peer pressure. I even tried dating a guy that liked me for a short while because my friends and family thought it would be a good idea. It was mentally/emotionally exhausting and I couldn't stand to lie to myself and others, so I broke it off and decided that listening to my heart is best. Uh... other than that, I guess there's just those bouts of loneliness every once in a while, wondering how/where I can meet potential partners. There's also guys that still crush on me and because of that it's been quite difficult to forge platonic friendships with single straight guys irl. Mother says I should try being more honest with people... but honestly what else do they gotta know if I reject 'em? "I just don't like you in that way." They don't need to know why exactly...

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
  • what is your sexuality? Homoromantic Grey-Asexual

Why do you feel you identify with it more than others? Well after feeling the way i did about sex, i thought maybe i was different. One google search later i found my self identifying heavily with the definition of Grey-A.

How long have you know you are that sexuality (or sexualities)? Well through out many times in my life i sorta veered away from girls and "noticed" guys more. I used to check them out in high school, and i crushed on more guys than girls, and after having many homoerotic fantasies i looked online for an answer. After that i began to except that i was gay.

Do you ever run into problems being what you are at times Only problem so far is that i told my family too soon, which led to them sorta excepting me only with a bit of homophobia. I'm not allowed to tell anyone, but my family tends to ask my aunts what to do about it/me. They also don't believe me.

Last edited:

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I'm straight, though for a while I was never really ino anyone, in the past few years I have started to get more and more... Appreciative. I came out as trans recently, but most people dont know, as there are a LOT of homophobes in my school

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'm straight. I'm a basic bitch. While I can find a man handsome, I don't find them sexually attractive.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • demiromantic pansexual with a preference for masculine individuals (not like cis men, people who appear masculine, despite their gender)

applying that in sexuality terms would probably make me a panambitious demiromantic androsexual

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
  • I used to have some deeply ingrained homophobia while I was just starting puberty, oh boy, imagine my reaction when I started to fall in love with this guy who's now my best friend. Of course I didn't think of it as love at the time but time changes a lot. I told my father I was gay in february last year during one of his drunken guilt calls in hopes that would help us bond but he was outraged and outed me to my sister, who called me immediately afterwards and we decided it'd be best to tell my mom and brother already and so I sat them down next sunday. My family showed me a lot of support and I'm very grateful for that. Even my dad has gotten more comfortable with the idea, we haven't really discussed that subject ever since but he has since told on a few occasions that it's alright, that he loves me and that he's sorry for having said some of the things he said to me.
    I'm not upset with him anymore but man, that really stung at the time, I know he wasn't in his full senses and that it is different now, but I still find it a little hard to get over it because I was shocked and on the brink of crying that day.

Years
  • I've know I was gay since I could feel like genuine attraction, so like about 11 or 12. I feel like I even knew before then, I just didn't really understand it until puberty and all that good stuff. Despite trying a certain points to "make myself" attracted to the opposite sex, it just (for obvious reasons) never worked. I used to face some personal difficulties and a slight bit from friends and family with it, but I'm at a point in my life that I don't really find my sexuality causing any issues for me. I lost some friends in the process and alienated myself from some family members, but that's fine because I know who really loves me for me and who unconditionally wants to be a part of my life, so in that way I'm always thankful I am who I am. So yeah :)

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I'll give you a hint.
    Spoiler:

Asariond

The People's Musketeer!
    Years
  • I'm gay, although right now, the notion of any physical, romantic, or other social interaction/relationship beyond friendship is something I find utterly detestable. I'm not sure why.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    bi bi and bi. i've never been in a relationship with a girl but i realized a while ago i've always liked girls, i just never considered being bi an option? (heh thanks society)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm gay, although right now, the notion of any physical, romantic, or other social interaction/relationship beyond friendship is something I find utterly detestable. I'm not sure why.

Unacceptance, maybe?

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I am gay myself and in a happy relationship. In saying that though i used to be straight. I did date a girl through high school and that lasted three and half years. At the time i wasn't sexually attracted to a guy in the slightest. But after a not-so happy situation happened i was finding myself being drawn to guys more and more. I admitted to myself i was bi, but after a couple months more i just admitted i was gay.
    I'm perfectly happy with who i am and have no trouble admitting it, but i wouldn't openly go 'hey, i'm gay', as i don't feel the need to do that. But i wouldn't deny it if i was asked about it.

Back