• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen When did you get your second Pokemon you actually kept?(B&W)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
    From my active team, not one Pokemon found its way out of it until all of them reached Level 100!^^ So after my starter (Tepig), the Patrat I caught as a second Pokemon would be the first Pokemon I kept and that I´m still keeping in my Lv.100 Hall of Fame!^^

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    The second Pokèmon I caught was a Lillipup, which I stored as a Lv. 46 Stoutland right before taking on the 8th Gym, in favor of a Night Slash Oshawott. So my real second one is Roggenrola, stored as a Lv. 74 Gigalith in the aftergame stuff. If it doesn't count, I would say Sigilyph, my Lv. 100 one. Still active :D

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I got Pidove after the first gym, male on first try too <3 He is now my faithful Unfezant who beat N a thousand times XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    The first other than my starter that made it through story completion with me was my Simipour, the one that made it through the Elite Four/Champion was Victini.

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years
    My first catch was Yoshimi the Lillipup, later Herdier and Stoutland, but I recently had to take it out of my team to make room for Shook Me the Whiscash, since I needed a Pokemon that could learn Dive and Waterfall. My oldest Pokemon now (disregarding Starter) is Hall the Throh, since I replaced Willie the Simisage with Sabbath the Zekrom during the whole Plasma Castle thing. It's probably annoying how I always refer to my Pokemon by their nicknames, but that's what I'm used to seeing in battle...

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    The first Pokémon I captured on my own was a Patrat on Route 1. I did actually keep her until about the 3rd or 4th Gym, but since then I've had to send her to the PC in favor of a stronger Pokémon. The next Pokémon would be my Simipour, but I'll be putting him in the PC soon too, so the Pokémon I caught the earliest which I intend to keep with me for the whole story is my Musharna whom I caught in the Dreamyard after the first Gym.

Last edited:

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    on white, i got blitzle which i kept until i got a tynamo.
    on black, i got a woobat and it's pwnage.
    and what i noticed is a lot of ppl (including me) dont keep the monkeys.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    and what i noticed is a lot of ppl (including me) dont keep the monkeys.

...because they're terrible and useless. :<

The first Pokémon that I actually kept and used on my team was Excalibur the Drilbur. He ended up staying there the entire game and winning me several gym battles. B)

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
    The second Pokémon I kept was actually one of the first I came across, Purrloin. Why? It was a purple kitty, which reminded me of a friend of mine, so I kept it in my team. Now my Liepard is one of my strongest Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    The first Pokémon that I caught in BW that I kept was my Conkeldurr. It helped me fight the Normal-type gym, and it proved to be very good at defeating a few other gyms.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The second Pokémon I caught was Purrloin, but it was too difficult to level up, especially with the amount of times it fainted. So the second Pokémon (which would actually be the third) that I did end up keeping was Audino from a shaking grass patch in the Dreamyard. To be honest, it did some good damage to the Gym Leaders. :o

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Hmm it was blitzle on route..... Um the first route you can catch blitzle route.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    the second pokemon i caught that I kept on my team was sandile. love that cute little crocodile!

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    I just defeated N and Ghetsis and the only Pokémon that I had in my party (that wasn't my Serperior) that I had caught before Castelia City was my Seismitoad. My others are Reshiram, Vanniluxe, Vullaby and Krookodile.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back