• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When do you use Rare Candies?

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    i save my rare candies until like after lv90. where it becomes a pain in the ass for them to lv...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I use them when a Pokemon has just grown a level and is one level before evolving.

I.e; Charmeleon Level 34 grows to Level 35. I'm too lazy to raise it to 36 and bam, Rare Candy. :) Sometimes I'll use them on Pokemon that need an extra boost.

Years
  • The few times that I managed to get one of my Pokemon to level 99, I used a Rare Candy on it just so I didn't have to worry about it anymore. Generally, I save them to use right before a big battle if I feel some of my team is under-leveled.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • It's already been said several times but only when I need it and that's usually before and important battle in a game - BUT only if I actually can't beat the opponent and I've tried several times. For me it's no point in using the rare candy unless I've had a go at battling already. Rare candies are very last resort for me.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    When I was little I used them aaaall the time because I just thought it was an extra lvl, didn't take any EV's into account or anything, but obviously since I was like 7 lol. Now I really avoid using them, I prefer training my Pokémon naturally, and that way I can save them up for when I need to evolve a Pokémon solely for the dex entry, for example.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2013
    Only before the E4. Or if my pokemon is about to evolve and i dont want to wait.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    As a Nuzlocker, I save my candies until I arrive at the Elite Four. No point feeding them to a pokemon who might die in a random wild battle.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    If I'm desperate for a level up or I cannot wait for an evolution...or in Magikarps case I NEEDED an evolution.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I only use them on a Pokemon thats really slow to level, ones that require alot of EXP to level are tedious to use. So I use my rare candies on them most of the time.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If I use them it's usually on a fully EV'd poke that i'm just to lazy to level :P
    This, basically. Especially in Black and White, since you have to reach LV 100 for yourself as it isn't set for you when battling through Wi-Fi anymore. n_n

Years
  • I usually save my Rare Candies, because I don't want to waste them, and then I forget about them. So I use mine either just to level up someone to evolve, or waste them lol.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I only use Rare Candies on Pokemon of high levels. The Pokemon in high levels must have an Experience base of 1,600,000 (such as Drifblim or Seviper) because they are too much time consuming in raising them to level 100.

:t354:TG

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I rarely bother with them tbh, although if there's a Pokémon I want to evolve soon, and it's one level behind and I'm feeling impatient then I'll use it. Last time I used one in recent memory was on my Quliava in SoulSilver. And on Black, when my Dewott reached level 42 and I was going to let it evolve but I accidentally pressed 'B' during it (out of habit, 'cause I'd been doing it for ages) and I couldn't be bothered to wait for it going up another level :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I only use mine when all my pokemon are at 90+ That way, i don't have to bore myself to train them at high levels.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Amongst my real life friends when Pokemon was in its heyday, the myth went around school that Pokemon trained up using Rare Candies were substantially weaker than those who battled wild critters and such. Not knowing the inner mechanics of Pokemon Blue, and being a highly impressionable 10-year-old, I avoided Rare Candies completely for that game, and have rarely used them since. I know now about the basics of Rare Candies and their effects on stats, but I still use them very rarely. A small subconscious part of me thinks that they'll make my critters weaker or something. Old habits die hard, I guess.

User19sq

I never use Rare Candies on my Pokemon. The nly times I use them is when I'm selling items for some ching-ching. XD

Back