• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When was the last time you went to the hospital?

srinator

i have been to the hospital many times mostly due to all the hairline fractures i get while playing football :( the last i had to visit the hospital was because my mom was unwell and her back had given out, slip disc surgery tbh, very scary, sad times :(

Years
  • Aside from going to the hospital on a scheduled appointment to get some tests done (I forget which at the moment) ....it's been a long, long time since I've been there because of some actual worrisome thing.

I feel like the last time I had to go because of that might have been the time my mom was worried about me possibly having blood poisoning - I had stepped on the tip of a pencil, and I would have thought nothing of it except it still hurt days later and there were red lines coming from it so my mom was like HOSPITAL NOW AHHH.

(Thankfully, it didn't turn out that bad.)

Or maybe it was the time I slammed my foot into something and thought my toe was broken (it wasn't)...or was that another scheduled appointment, I don't remember...

But yeah, so far I haven't had much need to go there, thankfully.

Years
  • I was only in hospital for an operation to remove a growth or something from my nose. Was never really told what happened.

Same thing happened to me when I had my surgery, but then again, I was 10 years old at the time, and explaining what had happened to me probably would have gotten me confused XD But 8-9 years later, I finally pieced together what the likely possibility was regarding my ovarian surgery.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • It was about 2 years ago. I had to go get surgery on my ankle to try to stimulate cartilage growth in it because there was and still is none in there so when I'm too active the bones start rubbing against each other and it's very painful and eventually they lock together and I can't move them unless I physically grab my foot and leg and pull them apart. I'm going to have to go in for surgery again in a couple months since it didn't work out the first time.

Last edited:

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • last time I went to the hospital was about a year ago when I flipped over the handlebars of my bike coming down a hill and broke my arm. the weird thing was that it didn't hurt in the slightest until about a half hour afterwards, and I landed on the opposite arm (the one that didn't break). like, I rode my bike home fine; it just felt a little uncomfortable but I figured I'd just bruised it. then it froze up a little while after I got home so we went to the ER.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • The last time I was at a hospital turned into a huge bad experience for me. I went in for chest pain, and they said I had a fever. As you should know, I'm deathly afraid of needles, especially IVs as well. Well, the nurse wanted to give me one. I literally flew off the bed in a full on panic attack of sobbing and screaming. This nurse was obviously very ignorant because she wanted to give me another needle in my thigh to calm me down. To make things worse, she was actually going to have two security guards hold me down while she did it. I ended up walking out after refusing treatment because my panic was literally so bad.

The chest pains subsided after a while, and when I got home... I had no fever. The worst part about this nurse is that after my mom told her I had autism, she was like "Well, she can communicate...", which was very ignorant of her.

I did just come back from the hospital not long ago. My mom had surgery on her neck to remove a herniated disk. She's home now, so we went to go pick her up and had to wait around for a while.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Oh, wow... I hope you're alright, OP. D:

The last time I was at a hospital was to visit my grandfather after he had a stroke while visiting my mom. He lives in a different province so I don't get to see him very often and especially in a hospital, I didn't really have any idea what to say so it was fairly awkward. If we're talking about going to a hospital for my own problems, a little over a year ago I went in... begging for painkillers, lmao. I went to the ER of the hospital that my pain clinic is a part of hoping they'd be able to access my records, see that I commonly get prescribed the drugs, and that my next appointment was just so delayed that I'd run out, but apparently they couldn't. I had to wait around for a long time but eventually the doctor gave me what I needed (along with a stern warning never to book my appointments so late so that I don't have to get narcotics from random doctors that don't know me).

For an interesting ER visit, the time-before-last that I had to go to one, it was because of complications after a minor surgery I'd had the week prior and they ended up admitting me for emergency corrective surgery later that night. I was there about 12 hours before the surgery actually happened and it was probably the worst day of my life. They messed up taking blood early on when I was admitted which made blood pour down my arm, which made my not-so-good-with-blood dad faint, which made him get admitted to the same ER. Then I had an IV stuck in me all day and I wasn't allowed to take any of my medication so I was miserable, bored, and in pain. It was the day after Obama got elected for the first time so the news on the TVs in the waiting room wasn't showing ANYTHING ELSE except sometimes the scrolling news text at the bottom would flash up saying that my favourite author had died the day before. :'( Then later, after my surgery finished, we found out that I'm mildly (?) allergic to morphine which is what they'd given me in my IV after the anaesthetic wore off, so that wasn't fun in the slightest either.

(I technically have also been recently for tests and appointments and stuff but I'm assuming OP means ER or procedures moreso than clinics within a hospital...)

Years
  • I went to the ER like, 2, 3 years ago? Went in for chest pain; I had issues breathing and panicked at work. Waited around for hours, the pain went away on its own. Got told I had a sinus infection and to not go to work the next morning.

And the best part is, this cost me $600 with (admittedly crappy) insurance. Yay for US Healthcare!

I've been to the urgent care clinic in my city twice this year. It's kind of like a cross of an ER and a doctor's office. They can't take care of anything life-threatening, but you can walk in if you have minor issues they can fix. It's way cheaper if you don't have insurance. I've been having pelvic pain, which I thought was a bladder infection, but it's not.
    Hoping and praying I don't have to be admitted to the ER before my insurance kicks in, because it'll make that $600 visit look like pocket change. :/

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Ouch, heart problems. :'(

August 2013. I was home alone when I momentarily blacked out while taking a hot shower. I fell through the shower curtain and landed on the tile floor, giving me a gash across, slightly above, my left eyebrow. While holding a towel to my face to try to stop the bleeding, I called my parents and asked them to come home, so they then drove me to the hospital. However, the nurses sent me over to ER to get 9 stitches done. Since my heart rate was high the entire time, the usual was 120 and it peaked at 160, the doctors wanted me to stay overnight. They ran several tests and did all sorts of things, and I was mostly concerned about the $$$ it would cost. They said I had mitral valve prolapse and sent me home with some beta blockers to control my heart rate. It also reduces sudden heart palpitations, shakiness, sweating, fatigue. It turned out to be some rad medication to ease my anxiety problems when trying to make friends at school lul.

Years
  • I don't remember ever going to a public hospital for me having to stay in after a drastic injury. The closest i've had to that as of recent was in September 2013, not long after I moved into my dorm at college, when I was moving stuff upstairs to a new dorm and I didn't see the wet floor sign while I was carrying clothes, so I slipped and fell. I hurt my back and near my legs. It wasn't anything serious, but Public Safety was notified and I had to rest for a little while.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Oh, god. A heart attack? Hope you're feeling better D:

The last time I went to the hospital was three years ago, I believe? It was when I broke my foot, haha. For clarification, this was during my years in high school and I was practicing hurdles for the upcoming track meet. During practice, I jumped much higher than I was supposed to and all of that excess momentum went straight to my left foot when I landed on it. Spent a few nights at the hospital for surgery and check ups. To be honest, I wasn't really surprised when I broke my foot, since it has endured a lot of misuse during my childhood, haha. Needless to say, I couldn't attend the upcoming track meet and the one after that :/

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I had to get stitches in my forehead in February.

I was swimming in our backyard pool and decided to try and do a really quick lap of freestyle, so I pushed off the shallow end and, with my head on my chest, charged across the length of the pool. I completely misjudged where the end of the pool was, and I looked up far too late. By then, I was so close to the end of the pool and going so quickly that trying to slow down was fruitless, so I braced for impact...

Now, the tiles that act as the 'floor' of the pool's outside 'curve' down a bit into the pool, which is to stop people from slicing the bottom of their toes when standing on the edge. The end of the 'curve' has a razor sharp edge, and I ploughed straight into it a split second after looking up. My reward for my demon-fast lap? A 3cm gash on my forehead. I managed to get out pretty quickly without becoming disoriented and after cleaning up the sizeable amount of blood that was spurting out of the wound, I went to the nearest public hospital to get it stitched up and checked up.

I got to wait for two and a half hours with my mum in the emergency room thanks to people with the sniffles getting priority (never mind the giant bandage on my forehead which constantly had to be changed, noooo) before getting laid down, injected inside the wound four times with anaesthetic (which hurt sooooo much more than the actual stitching) and stitched with seven 'butterfly clips', walking out with a bandage on my forehead and a diagnosis of mild concussion and 'minor head injury'. Both of these decided to make the next 24 hours a misery for me, which meant I had to miss school (whee) and basically just sleep off the complications for the next day. My mum considered taking me back to the hospital, but I told her all would be well (which it was).

I now proudly wear the scar from this injury on my forehead as a lesson to all: don't be dumb in aquatic environments.​

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    When I was about 15, I fractured my arm in three places and when I was about 18, I got in a car wreck and my leg was almost crushed, luckily it was just broken, so it could have been a lot worse.

and off-topic, Aurora, I saw your signature like 10 minutes ago and It's still hilarious (I'm easily amused).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I...think the last time I was at a hospital was when my paw paw was taken there to have some surgery done that was going to cause him to lose his ability to talk. He ended up not being able to get it because of how his cancer had spread though. And they kept playing "Rock-a-bye Baby" over the speaker because a baby was born and I told my dad that they probably played "Devil Went Down to Georgia" when my sister was born. My mom got mad at that joke.

Years
  • Recently, I had a kidney stone passed this week. It was the first time I have ever withstood a pain so severe as that. In the hospital, I retained my fluids that I lost because not only was I was actually dehydrated, along with the pain was nausea and vomiting. I made almost all of the family members cry.,,

inheartstaco

Lightning Dragon Slayer
    Years
  • I woke up about 3/4 through last year with double vision in my right eye, I couldn't see clearly and I had to drop my sound engineer course because I couldn't read and I couldn't write clearly.

The doctors were freaking out because I had something called 6th nerve palsy which normally occurs in 70-80 year olds and they were worried if it didn't fix itself that i'd be fully paralyzed throughout my entire body, I never stayed at the hospital overnight however, I was constantly travelling 40+ minutes for constant MRI's, blood tests, and high res ocular photos.
    They eventually gave me a lumbar puncture to remove fluid from the base of my spine so as to relieve pressure in my head, they thought that might fix it, but it didn't.
    So I then took a one and a half hour drive with my parents to a bigger hospital and they basically stuck needles into my temples to look at my ocular nerve.

And after all, two months ago it fixed itself and the doctors called it idiopathic, which means they have no clue what caused it and no clue how it fixed itself. They've never had a case like this before and so everyone was always really interested whenever i came in for a checkup.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • last year i went to the hospital after fainting from being in pain from something i thought was appendicitis. i was pretty much pissing blood and thinking i seriously was gonna die or something because im a piss baby who's deeply afraid of death and getting sick. i was at the hospital from three pm to midnight. the waiting room was SO PACKED. my parents had to help me out of the car and everything and were watching me extensively. even my sister came to see if i was alright. i was so weak at that point i couldn't get up and i had to ask my parents to get water and stuff for me (and the vending machines didn't work!! yay)!! finally i was called back and after a few minutes of doctors prodding me and testing a urine sample i was told i had a really bad kidney infection; and they thought i would have to stay overnight because at that time i was deeply dehydrated, and i had to have an iv in me for fluids. my dad called EVERYONE, meaning all of my family, about what happened which was a huge invasion of privacy for me and everyone joked about it for the next few months. i remember calling my friend earlier that morning after i got up from blacking out and telling them i was going to the hospital and they called me afterwards thinking i was dead lmao. other than that i just kinda stayed there in my little cot and i got a cat scan later because they thought i might have some kidney stones, but i didn't, so they released me. i got a milkshake afterwards and didnt go to school for two days.

however, even though i'm okay now, i still get a lot of pains in that general area. its not as bad as it was, but i am still a little concerned about it. hmm

Back