• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did you come up with your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Wow... the story of the username...
    Brace yourselves for mine.

My original username for everything was simply my name plus my age, because I was young, unimaginative and slightly boring. After realising the online risks of using such a name, I began trying to think of new ways to identify myself. At the time, I was gaining an interest in Japanese culture, and decided that a Japanese name would be preferred despite the fact that now I can see how cheesy and tacky it can be seen as. I also used the honorifics a lot and put random Japanese words into my posts. It embarasses me so much now. After a little research using Google Translate, I thought of the name Neko (meaning cat). Of course, that was a word well known, so I went for the younger form, Koneko and thus a cliché was born. Are you starting to see it yet? On a couple of sites, this worked fine, but later, that name was taken too by people who also wanted to use a commonly known Japanese word as a name, so I added a PR (standing for Phantom Reaper - hey, don't judge me. I was young (13). :p ) and became PRKoneko. All well and good. Then I started shortening it to Kon, or PRKon, or Kon~. And the last such case is the one I use today :) and on a few other sites, I'm known as Koko. Which is Koneko without the 'ne'. And yeah, on one site, I am Koko-chan. Feel free to judge me now. -.-;;

I actually can add more to this now, as can be seen in bold. And, um... that's the story of my life. :D

Ashdejan

TheForbiddenBeast
    Years
    When i went to a pokemon online rpg site i tried using Ash it was taken they i tried my name which is Dejan taken too then i came up with the idea to fuse them and thats how i got Ashdejan.

Years
    Spoiler:

Basically this. And the fact that monday is my least favorite day. Well, it was before I started having school until the evening (sports...) on thursdays.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    Well, everyone will love my story of how I got my very original and creative username....

It was the game I couldn't stop playing at the time I joined this website haha.
    I no longer play it as much and wish I had chosen something different now ;)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017

Vendak No.08001066

It was simply the name that the 12 year old version of me came up with in my head when I was trying to think of a username to use on a computer game. I just stuck with it ever since. Although I tend to use the name Verslie when registering new accounts now.

KejiBebi

aishiteru
    Years
    Hmm Keji is japanese for fire and Bebi is japanese for baby.
    I combined them together to create "FireBaby" (although the context is probably severely off because I don't take Japanese classes, but thats okay)

And I got FireBaby from my little buddy growing in my belly. :] His name will be Aiden which means "fiery" or "little fire" and he will be a baby, so yeah those got combined. And I think Japanese is the best and cutest sounding language so there ya go. :D

Umbreon_

muwahh
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    My username? : 3

I could say it's pretty obvious that it came from the pokemon named Umbreon. ^_^

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
    My first user name ( Lucas Spengal ) Was because I put the name of the D/P/Pt male hero with the last name I made. My second username ( StaraptorX ) Was because I had fallen in love with staraptor ( Design and such, its an awesome bird ) and whats the only thing that makes something cool even cooler? Adding the letter X to the end. XD

My current username is because I had finished the Harry Potter series just about a month before my name was changed. So I put the name of one of the four founders of Hogwarts ( Godric Gryffindor ) Added a number to the end, and put small decorations on each end: ~.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I got this name from my pair at the time, Alexithymia~, whose first name change on this forum was "Ineffable". It was really fun at the time to confuse people, although nobody knows her as "Ineffable" any more. D= Still, I'm proud of this username. It's nice. =D It's also one of my favourite words to begin with.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    It is a nickname that everyone calls me sometimes. When we had to change our usernames for the final time, I wanted to go back to my real name. But it got taken. :( So this was my best bet. Just add the "Lu" to it.

aribradshaw2

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    by delving deep into the world of XD001 and PIKACHU and finally, BAKUGAN (the worst thing ever)
    lol, ma name

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
    Well my name goes way back to the days of FFVII/VIII, i was always creating unique names for my characters, and one day i was thinking of a name and "Zero" came to mind, but it felt plain. So i altered it and and Xero was born.

Then in 2008 when i first started getting into forums, the first one i joined, i tried "Xero" but it was taken. and ive always hated numbers after the usernames, so after thinking awhile, i couldnt figure out anything, and then i randomly punched in letters and somehow got Shiari. and i thought it looked cool, so i took it and added Xero on and boom there it was xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I came up with my username by chatting and joking around with my best PC mate some years ago. We wanted to change our names to match each others, but we didn't in the end.

That was long time ago, but now the last time I changed my name I came to think of one of the crazy long usernames I had come up with back then, and since I've never had a long wierd username before, I thought I'd try it. And now I don't think I'm gonna change back into Fables or the likes again.

And yes, it's obviously a pun on a certain music band, as well as the original Pokémon Special Manga character, some hawtness, some chibiness and a bunch of Pokémon. Neat, in other words.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back