• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did you get your username from?

Ayselipera

My username is a combination of two names. I think they're both middle eastern and their meanings have something to do with space (stars, planets, constellations) What they exactly mean though I don't remember.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Everyone loves to hear this story, eh?

My original original Internet username was tmbjr, whcih I concocted when I was 13 opening my very first email account. I was an uncreative idiot at the time, so I just took my three initials, TMB, and affixed JR at the end because I am, indeed, a junior (named after my father). When I started joining a variety of social sites and forums around that time (including the first time stumbling upon PC), I used that name. Throughout my teenage years, I would produce small variants of the name, none of which lasted very long (tmbjr_05, TMBjr, etc...)

One of the most common complaints I had in my username was its unknown pronunciation even though I always told people to read it as an acronym (tee em bee jay are). One day, I got sick of people telling me that my name needed vowels and randomly changed my MSN user handle to TaMeBiJouR, which got a couple of laughs. When I came back to PC after a mysterious four-year absence, I abandoned my old account and took on the spelling "Timbjerr" based on how one of my old PC buddies used to pronounce it, and the rest...is history I suppose. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    poopnoodle = two arbitrary words I pulled out of thin air, I didn't think I'd be sticking around this forum for very long, so being banned for being kind of disgusting wasn't a concern of mine.

spacecub = a quote from a Brad Neely video, something about Bearstronauts, from which I somehow conjured up spacecub. :I

Bay

Years
    Well, before my username was just Bay. I choose that name because of the definition of bay:

bay
    –noun
    1. a body of water forming an indentation of the shoreline, larger than a cove but smaller than a gulf.

So yeah, I'm into water as you guys can tell. XD However, that name got me into a lot of Michael Bay and Bayleef jokes. XD;

I then changed my name to Bay Alexison. The "Bay" part I kept because I'm still fond of that name. However, the "Alexison" part is the last name of a character from a fanfic of mine, Jacob Alexison. My friend and I were discussing a collab project together and that we have big plans for poor Jacob. So yeah, I blame him now for making me being a fangirl for my character. XD

Years
    I used to be Scarf because I like scarves

Galatea is the name of the woman Pygmalion carved out of stone and Venus brought to life, though she had no name in the original myth and only acquired it in later tellings. I like mythology and the name looks nice with all those a's.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    My current username name, Hiiro, derived from exactly what is sounds like, Hero. I decided I wanted an original username of the sorts, and at the time the word hero had caught my attention. Noting how it wasn't an available name on PC, I used my imagination and changed the 'e' into two 'i's. It was a win/win situation for me, as I had the username I wished for and I added my own touch to it, keeping the originality. I do plan on changing it within the next month, but even then, I'm positive Hiiro will make a return.

As for my past names, I've had a few, each with their own story. First, there was Sceptile16 on my very first account on PC. It was back when I joined in September of 2008, but I didn't last very long with that account nor was I that active on the forum. Sceptile16 wasn't a very "unique" name to say because at that time I just wasn't creative with names. My favorite Pokémon was Sceptile and I was 16 years old when I joined PC. Put the two together and that's how it came to be.

It wasn't until after a month, I started off new as Quick_Kid. I decided I wanted to be a bit more original than I was before and wanted a quick name change. Thinking of a speed related theme, Quick_Kid came to be and just recently Nick (Aladdin) just found this out. o3o Four months later (still keeping the speed theme), I switched my username to f l a s h. It wasn't too far from this time that I became a supporter on PC either. I got the spaced out idea from Dukey while I was a member of the Dragon's Den. I liked it for the time, but later on I thought I needed a change. That's when Aero. came to mind. Keeping the speed theme again, but also reflecting off of my favorite brand of clothes, Aéropostale.

Not too long, I got this idea of starting fresh on PC (but still letting people know who I was) and made another new account, Let's Get Lost Together, which happens to be my current account now. I got this name idea from my past pair Oh, The Places You'll Go. She taught me how to be creative with things I did. It's how I got the username Let's Get Lost Together, and later on Hiiro (which is now).

It's all history now, but Sceptile16's account is dead as I never visit it anymore nor can I say I care much for it. As for my Aero. username, it's now Kyone, but will be my placeholder account for Hiiro when I get my name change next month.

Can't say I wanted this post this long, but a story is a story, and usernames, there's a lot to them sometimes. XD;

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    My initials are V. V., so people on the summer camps used to call me W. So, since that nick was too short, I started adding a few more letters from my surname until I got a word that made sense, or at least didn't sound horrible.

And here I am.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    When I got my first email account, I wanted a cool internet nickname. So i came up with Ray Maverick. I love "Ray" as a name. "Maverick", I was looking at the world map and I saw some islands on Pacific (I think) named "Maverick". So... "Ray Maverick". <3

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ^ Went lies, we matched both of our usernames so that we could be past-tense verbs together. :D /lie

Actually, my username is the name of a Pokemon character. ._.

Simple at that.. so it's not my real name, regardless of what some people think. xD; I actually like some of my nicknames (Drewzies, Drewy, etc..) more than the actual username itself. I'm just used to it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The Buick LeSabre, made from 1959-2005. The best-selling full size car in America for about a dozen years leading up to its cancellation. Awesome car, so I named myself after it :P

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I've gone through quite a few usernames myself, so here's the rundown:

I joined this forum as Poketrainer2004, and I do indeed have an alternate account which is under this name, to hold it. It was a username I just came up with on a whim, and it wasn't particularly well thought out. The 2004 is indicative of the year I originally joined PC, and the internet at large.
    I stuck with this username for a good while, but I finally got tired of it.

Justimon, Calumon: These two names were the ones that followed. At the time I was a huge Digimon fan, and I still am. Justimon sounded cool, and Calumon was a playful one, but in essence, these names didn't last long.

Pachy: This nickname actually has an amusing backstory...I coined it myself, essentially in a creative fit of energy, as a contraction of Pachirisu. Since all the variances of Pachirisu were taken, I made my own, and this name has amazing staying power. A large number of my friends still call me by this name, irrespective of my current preferred nickname.

Zazie Rainyday: What can I say? This is a character who barely speaks at all, from Mahou Sensei Negima!. I felt it fit my personality the most, in all senses, so I took that character's name as my own handle for a while before going back to being known as Pachy.

Paint Me Pretty, Smeargle: Most obviously, my current username. It was coined in a fit of artistic creativity simply because nicknames like this are now ubiquitous around PC. A lot more can be said about oneself in this many words, so it fits. It's intentionally something quite silly, and ironically, it's an in-joke about myself, to which only myself and maybe two other souls are privy to. To those sharp enough to fathom the in-joke, a cookie to you. :3

SilverStilletto

~Bubble~Bubble~
    Years
    i chose me fave color (silver) and then put a pretty word after it... a stiletto is a very thin, long dagger with a very sharp blade, so i thought "pretty and deadly? sign me up!". i misspelled "stiletto" coz... i dont know why, but i just like double letters.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    It is a nickname that everyone calls me at work and some places. I wanted to go back to my real name, but it got taken. :( Which it is Lucy. I just added the Lu to it. Because I thought of what everyone calls me sometimes.

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
    Years
    I was obsessed with Legend of Zelda at the time, so that's where the "hylian" part comes from.
    And then sakura is just one of my favorite words. :b It was probably the first Japanese word I learned, cus we played that song "Sakura, Sakura" in band when I was in elementary school. Now I know a lot more Japanese, since I'm taking it as a class, but sakura is still one of my favorites. XD
    Also, I love the asterisk symbol.
    And I don't like capital letters as much as lowercase, so my name doesn't have any caps in it.
    Strange creation, I now realize. >_>

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Well I was a 6 year old kid looking for an awesome username for both an email account and neopets account. I was going to use Zappysparks but it seems that it had already been used so I thought of Zappyspiker and it worked out just fine. Although back then my Neopets account was zappyspiker333 cause I liked the number 3 but ever since I couldn't get into my neopets account anymore I changed it to just zappyspiker

My other username estrelro I use sometime. It was my school username and consited of the first 6 letters of my last name and the first 2 of my first

Back