• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen "Where do I find this Pokémon?" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
  • Munchlax - aaarrrrgghh!

Hate to bring this up again, but anyone have any new insight on catching Munchlax? I've slathered 10 trees 3 times a day for the last week, in addition to the hundreds of times prior to that, and still have never encountered a Munchlax. I've encountered tons of the other rare finds like Heracross and Aipom (which, FYI, I'd be willing to trade if anyone needed one). I'm convinced it's not as simple as just getting lucky, there has to be a step missing in this process. Any thoughts?
    Yes, I know I can transfer in a Snorlax and breed, but I want to complete the Sinnoh dex by catching the pokemon in Sinnoh, which yes will be challenging but is certainly possible. In other words, since you >can< catch Munchlax in Sinnoh, that's how I'm going to do it. But not even Chansey back in Red/Blue was THIS rediculously difficult.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Hate to bring this up again, but anyone have any new insight on catching Munchlax? I've slathered 10 trees 3 times a day for the last week, in addition to the hundreds of times prior to that, and still have never encountered a Munchlax. I've encountered tons of the other rare finds like Heracross and Aipom (which, FYI, I'd be willing to trade if anyone needed one). I'm convinced it's not as simple as just getting lucky, there has to be a step missing in this process. Any thoughts?
    Yes, I know I can transfer in a Snorlax and breed, but I want to complete the Sinnoh dex by catching the pokemon in Sinnoh, which yes will be challenging but is certainly possible. In other words, since you >can< catch Munchlax in Sinnoh, that's how I'm going to do it. But not even Chansey back in Red/Blue was THIS rediculously difficult.
    You need to find a certain tree. Not all Pokemon can be found at every honey tree. The tree(s) with Munchlax are probably not on the mainland.

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
  • can anyone tell me what fire types can be caught before beating the pokemon leauge?
    i keep geting beat in the for lack of fire moves.

oh, i got my munchlax level six, by slathering the tree east of that flower town five times, then leaving it about 9 hours.
    (not the one near the wind mills, the one up the bridge)

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    can anyone tell me what fire types can be caught before beating the pokemon leauge?

oh, i got my munchlax level six, by slathering the tree east of that flower town five times, then leaving it about 9 hours.

The only fire types in Sinnoh would be Ponyta and Chimchar before the elite four. I'm pretty sure you can't get Magmortar before then, though someone will probably prove me wrong.

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
  • ok.... another questionm then: are their any trainers with milotic and/or lumineon. i need these two to finish the pokedex.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • can anyone tell me what fire types can be caught before beating the pokemon leauge?

Thanks, Purfugly & Serpenter. You bring up a good point, Purfugly, maybe it is actually only one tree, and it is random for each game. It could be I haven't reached the specific tree yet. And Serpenter, thanks for the detail of how / where you found yours. From my research it does seem like most people found Munchlax near one of the three trees around Floaroma. It's interesting that you succeeded by slathering it 5 times. I will try that, I've only been slathering some trees 3 times.

In answer to your question, the only fire types in the Sinnoh pokedex are Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Ponyta, & Rapidash. That being said, there seem to be a wider range of pokemon that could learn a fire type TM, so if it's merely a fire move you need, teach one of your pokemon Flamethrower, Overheat, etc. In answert to you're more recent question, according to PRIMA's strategy guide, Lumineon belongs to a trainer on Route 223, and Milotic belongs to Cynthia, the Pokemon League Champion.

Thank you both for your responses!

Last edited:

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
  • thank you ^_^
    now i only need see one more pokemon ^_^
    i didnt know munchlax were uncommon though, i got it just after the third gym....

good luck finding one.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • ok where do u see #'s 135,136146,147,and 148?those are the only pokemon I need to get my National Dex!

Last edited:

PokemonRox

h a r u h i
    Years
  • where can i find eevee's ? i already got the 1 from the girl becasue i got the national dex but i need to know where i can catch them..

~PokemonRox :t172:

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    where can i find eevee's ? i already got the 1 from the girl becasue i got the national dex but i need to know where i can catch them..

~PokemonRox :t172:

In Mr. Backlot's trophy garden. Sometimes there will be Eevees there. Save in front of him, and just soft reset until he tells you there are some if you'd like.

itsgian

Aspiring Poke-Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    And sometimes, Pokemon that he said were there will stay there, I was soft reseting for Cahansey, and when he finally said that, I found 3 Porygons in a row... @.@

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • *warning! uber noob question* where is cranidos in the underground? i've tried looking for fossils everywhere! also, does it have to be on those yellow dots?

Yes. The yellow dots are treasure and a fossil is a type of treasure.

I need help finding Swellow, its to hard to find.

EDIT: I know which route its on but I keep finding either buizels or shellos' with pokeradar. And dont recommend the GTS because I dont have Wi-Fi...(I know it sucks to be me :( I need to buy a wireless router).

Luxio

Master Of Elecric!
    Years
  • Where can I find Evee (making thread longer...)

BULBASAUR---VENUSAUR plz fakflwk;f,l;w,c

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back