• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where you sit in class

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • One thing I've noticed during my first three days at college is that even though there isn't assigned seating like what most high school have, people still tend to sit in the same seat everyday or the same row or area everyday. It's probably a familiarity thing, but also cause sometimes you end up making friends with the people sitting near you and being near people you know makes the class So cause of this observation, I was inspired to write a thread about this.

Where do you usually sit in each of your classes? Do you feel you have to sit in a certain seat or row/area every class period or is anywhere fine? Or if you have assigned seats, where are you normally placed in a classroom? The front, middle or back? Center of the room, right side or left side?

Usually for most of my classes I prefer sitting in the back or middle area of the room, but usually I sit wherever I can find a sit. I think the back or middle makes it easier for me to take in the information the teacher is giving and be able to focus on them more and to also think over what they're saying. Plus I like sitting in or near the center cause then I'm not as distracted by things such as what's on the wall or a window. The front just makes feel like the spotlight is on me all the time and I get paranoid the teacher will pick me more than others just cause I'm more visible. So in high school/grade school I'd hated being assigned to sit in the front. Especially front and center cause I always felt like I was the most important person in the room. Or have them staring at me more which also feels uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh god, I can't express how much I love this thread. Many of my classes in college take place in lecture halls, which are rather large, although I guess the dynamic and reasoning of why someone would sit in a particular place would be the same. I honestly don't mind sitting in the front. I prefer it, actually, as it forces me to pay attention more. I haven't been doing that lately, though, especially when lecture became naptime for me haha. I'd sir in the back then. Or if I have a friend in class as well, thinking usually sick to the back and semi-pay attention. Assuming I even go to class, might add well be honest, that doesn't happen a lot oof. I prefer to teach myself, so my grades are still rather good.

Years
  • I mainly sat around the front, because I would have had trouble reading everything if I didn't. Also, I don't like having taller people blocking my view because if I was further back I would not have viewed anything they were showing me as easily.

TY

I mainly sat at the back since i had no problems with reading and i could do some sneaky stuff while the teacher wasnt looking ;D

no its not what you think it is >_>

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
  • Our seats are fixed in any class we have, ergo I always sit at the same spot in any class; in my case I have to sit in the front row, in the middle
    (and yes, it's quite useful since you can pay attention much better and such and so on)

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • My seating arrangements are weird this year. There really isn't no 'front' or 'back' of the class. There's like 2 or 3 rows in each class that I have which is really bizarre cause I have never had that before this. However, I sit in the 2nd or 3rd row each time to make sure I can sort of hide my phone >:)

Southueki

Writer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014
    I usually avoid sitting in the front row. I just hate it.
    I don't mind being at the front, but second or third rows. That depends alot on my mood tho..

If I am going to doze off through the class I'll sit in the back. If I am to pay attention I usually go for middle/front rows (never the first one, mind you).
    Of course that also depends wether or not I'm late. If that's the case I'll take what I can get (still minding my preferences)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I always hated assigned seating. I haaaate it as much as I hate onions.

Prior to high school, I had to tell my teachers that I need to sit at the front because I couldn't see the board (didn't get glasses till freshman year). Then, high school came around and I was assigned to sit at the bottom left corner of the classroom. This has happened most frequently. Now in college, I sit in the back all the time. I don't need to be at the front anymore (unless I sit behind a 7 food tall guy that blocks my view, then that's where I draw the line).

College NEVER does assigned seating, unless you have a class with Dr. Wainwright, she DOES assigned seating and if you are not in the correct seat when class begins you will be marked absent. No exceptions.

Years
  • In the beginning of the year a lot of my teachers either let us sit wherever, or they put us in alphabetical order. Of course they moved seats occasionally when problems arise but it doesn't happen to often. My last name starts with an A so I'm put in the front left in almost every class, which I don't like. When I sit in the front, I always feel like the teacher is breathing down my neck, although I find it hard to concentrate in the back, so usually I prefer sitting in the middle against the wall; I feel like the wall is my safety blanket if I get tired and need something to lean on.

TLDR I like to sit in the middle against the wall.

I need to stop rambling in my posts...

Years
  • I mainly sit towards the sides along the wall. But.. looking back on my college classes though, it ultimately depends. I love sitting next to the door on the side and that'd be my main choice if those seats weren't taken, though I'm also find with the back against the wall or along the side in general.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I always sit in the back of the class because I don't like having people sit behind me.

Also, I get to use my cell, sleep and eat with everybody's head blocking the teacher's view >=]

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I prefer to sit in the back, in a corner, and in a less populated area. It allows me to bring my belongings, use extra desks for them, and do what I have to do. I have little quirks that I have to follow in order to get stuff done. So yeah.

Retom

Retomplay on Youtube
    Years
  • I used to sit in the back, and in the first week almost no one knew me or knew i was in the class.
    every school
    I sit in the front now because i can hear it better and i'm closer to the door :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    My school creates a set seating plan and, of course, some people don't like it so they sit in the wrong seats to mess with the teacher. For some reason I'm always near to the door except in Maths and English when I'm far away from it.

Years
  • I always either sit in the middle of the class, or the back. I never sit in the front. I feel weird sitting in the front. I like being in the middle the most actually, just feel most comfortable there lol. No assigned seats in college, but I stick to the same seat for the semester.

Years
  • I try my best to have a seat in the front row of my classes if I can. I definitely learn better that way, and it also helps me stay awake by having the professor right there in front of me take note if I'm falling asleep or not.

Back