• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Anti-virus?

Which Anti-virus?

• McAfee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kapersky

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Norton

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • BitDefender

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOD32

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Avast

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • MSE(Microsoft Security Essentials)

• Avira

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
  • Alright, so this is my story. I tried uninstalling McAfee and installing BitDefender because my computer became so slow. I had to use a restore point. After, I tried Kaspersky. I needed another restore. I installed MSE, and everything is fine. Which is the best Internet Security software when packed with MSE? I have a few other security programs, like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, ThreatFire, Uniblue PowerSuite, and Advanced SystemCare. But which Internet Security Suite should I choose?

Last edited:
    Years
  • If you get an internet security suite that you paid money for, you do not want ANY other AV program running, freeware or otherwise, as the paid software will attack the files of the other AV, and vice versa, and it will crash your system. You need to uninstall any existing malware protection software and reboot your computer before you install your paid-for suite.

But if you're going the free route with MSE, then you would want some anti-spyware software, too. Malwarebytes is decent, but it also writes to the registry constantly, making it a relative resource hog amongst the free programs. Maybe others will have suggestions on what to use in place of Malwarebytes.

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • Well, I have Spybot - Search and Destroy. So, is there any free yet good internet security suites? Well, the real question is, if I have virus, malware, and spyware protection, is an I.S. suite needed?

Edit: If an I.S. suite is needed, how about PC Tools Internet Security.

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    MSE has the best detection rate and lowest false positive rate aside from Kaspersky, and MSE is free. Source is av-comparatives.

Zet

Years
  • Well, I have Spybot - Search and Destroy. So, is there any free yet good internet security suites? Well, the real question is, if I have virus, malware, and spyware protection, is an I.S. suite needed?

Edit: If an I.S. suite is needed, how about PC Tools Internet Security.

I haven't heard good things about PC Tools Internet Security, but I have heard good things about Comodo's.

Zet

Years
  • Why isn't AVG on the poll like. In my opinion it is the best security for me anyway. It doesn't slow down your computer and it has internet security, which is really good.

Also it doesn't delete codes if it thinks it is a threat, like Norton!
    Which Anti-virus?

Honestly I forgot to add it to the poll, but you can either vote for McAfee or Norton, all three of them are crap and rank poorly.

Last edited:
    Back