• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which do you think is the best FRLG Starter?

which pokemon is better

• bulbasuar

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • charmander

Votes: 38 44.7%
  • squitrle

Votes: 32 37.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    You should have said "best starter pokemon" in the title. Never mind.

Charmander. I don't care that people say Bulbasaur and Squirtle make the gym leaders easier- I like a challenge! And Charmander is the dude anyway!

That Guy

aka Amphros23
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2011
    I always use squirtle cause water pokemon are always easiest for my in the Kanto Games.

~Dragonair~

Title? o.o
    Years
    All of the starter Pokemon are equal, it just depends on what Pokemon you face, when they evolve to their highest evolution, they have different stats. Charizard is based on attack power, Blastoise's stats are equal, Venusaur has a high special attack. I like using Charmander the most in my opinion.

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
    I'd have to say Squirtle. All three of them have thier advantages in both in-game, and out of game. Charmander is a favorite of a lot of people, partly because most people like fire, partly because it's a versitle pokemon, and partly because its a pokemon based around attack(and sp. attack). Squirtle is nice throughout the entire game, first with Brock, but it works well to win with most of the gym leaders. It has the least weaknesses in the E4, and if you train it a lot, can take out most of the E4 on its own. Bulbasaur has the advantage over the 1st two gym leaders, but has a lot of weaknesses due to it being a grass type. All three have strategies to use in a final team, but there are so many other strategies out there, for me, it is more worth it to use my starter to beat the game as fast as possible so I can start training my real team.

Steeleon

The Lovable Goof
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    Charmander all the way. Most of my reason is probobly because I like fire types best. But like others have said its attack.

corinnepkmn

I'm a pokemon!
    Years
    I like squirtle best, but the blastoise picture was ruined. :'( I was so upset I restarted my game and got a bulbasaur.... eheheh...... obsessed? moi?
    Anyways, it doesn't matter so much as long as you catch other pokemon too and train properly.

Years
    Um one thing do not tell me how to do my job ^^.I'll rename this to be FRLG Starter also.Oh and I like Squirtle best ^^.

Trainer Ben

Super Trainer
    Years
    I think Squirtle is the best. Really, all Pokemon can be raised to be powerful. Squirtle has advantages. Also, like somebody else said, Blastoise, if trained well enough, can defeat most of the Elite Four by himself. I should know, I have one, not to brag or anything.

mew_master

(don't)ignore paranthesees
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2005
    squirtle is the best, water attacks have the least disadvantages. and plus when it's at its final form blastoise has the least weaknesses among it, charizard, and venausaur.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    "wheres my charmander?" oh and i used charmanders metal claw agaisnt brock so he wasnt difficult and i used pika against misty

AndrewFire24

Charmeleon Master
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 16, 2005
    I think Charmander is the best because he evolve into Charizard, which is the best fully evolved form of the starters with belly drum and his movepool. Not to metion Charmeleon is my favorite pokemon.

Years
    it usually comes between squirtle and bulbasaur depending on what game you're playing. on r/b/g it's either bulbasaur (because he has at least 1 advantage against the first 3 gym leaders) or squirtle because he can lear water AND ice omves enabling him to take out both charmander and bulbasaur, but its tougher to choose in FR/LG considering charizard is a bit more useful because he ends up learning fly

Shining Mew

A Mew??!? WHERE
    Years
    Theyre all good Pokemon actually... but I`d say Bulbasaur =D I have always taken the grass starters in all my games so yeah.. and Bulba happens to be my 2nd favorite Pokemon after Mew :P Bulba makes the game pretty easy in the beginning so I usually use the time to train up other Pokemon.

Back