• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which do you think is the best FRLG Starter?

which pokemon is better

• bulbasuar

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • charmander

Votes: 38 44.7%
  • squitrle

Votes: 32 37.6%

• Total voters

Sassydoll76

You want this?
    Years
    I always take charmander , because it is easy to get water/grass pokemon in the begining and its hard to get a fire type. plus I like the begining chalange agenst the gym leaders

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Actually according to Game faqs The order is 1.bulbasaur 2.squirtle 3.charmander,

Oh yeah my favourite is bulbasaur.YAY.

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I would say Squirtle is my favourite because of its power against the elite 4 at the end. Also through out the game's i find it harder to finad any good water pokemon. So i normally pick squirtle. About the whole charzid thing my friend had a level 59 charzid and i had a level 55 vulpix and vulpix beat charzid hands down. So i wouldnt say he is the best Fire type. Anyway it is down to peoples different opinions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I like bulbasaur because it makes it a piece of cake to get the first 3 badges.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2005
    I like Charmander the most because I always have started out with a Fire type just for the challenge and because there isn't too many Fire types in the game. The reasons I don't pick Bulba and Squirt is: 1. I don't use Grass types 2. There's just too many other Water types to choose from in the game! >.<

Rocket Grunt

team rocket rules
    Years
    I voted for Charmander. Currently I am just obsessed with fire Pokemon. I scrapped my team a couple weeks ago and put them in the PC to be replaced by all fire types. My Charmander in FR had a bashful nature.. tch..

Before my fire frenzy I would have chosen Squirtle because he was my favorite on the anime series.

Treecko404

Fire Treecko
    Years
    I'd say Charmander is the best. It learns Metal Claw at lv.13, so Onix and Geodude wouldn't be tough. It also has a good speed and special attack rating also. He also learns most of the HM's too (through evolution). That's my statement.

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    I have to agree with Karissa. Charmander is the best. I used a Lv. 14 Butterfree to beat Brock, and he was pretty easy.

G-Klav

Meh, what should this here say
    Years
    I chose Squirtle in the poll, because I like Water types the most.

But I picked Venusaur in the game, because I did that when I played Blue version.
    It was a female one, which means I won't be able to use it, if I don't want to spend my Toxic TM :(

Atemu

Two souls in one(bargain)
    Years
    Charmander is without a doubt the best starter. He may have a hard start at the gyms but when he eventually evolves into Charmander he is one of the strongest fire types in the game. And he'll really help you out with the elite four.

Ghorak

Gum-gum Ball
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 8, 2005
    Charmander rulez. It?s my favourite starter of FR/LG

Back