• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which Gym Leader was the hardest to beat?

Which Gym Leader was the most difficult

• Falkner

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 123 58.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Chuck

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • Pryce

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Clair

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    Mine was whitney, dahm that rollout!

I must have tried like 10 times before I beat her with my Quilava.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I found Morty the toughest, I wasnt prepared for his type and i was a bit underlevelled. I found whitney quite easy actually, and i just karate chopped her with a female machop.

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    same as you guys.. whitney's miltank is just so powerful.. i can't take her with just 1 challenge..

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Believe it or not, I think Claire was... but then again, I was ten levels below her weakest pokemon... maybe a little stronger.

Arceus10000

Radical Battical
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 21, 2020
    Uggh i hate whitney's miltank Just ugggh
    That D**n Rollout
    I had no good fighting type Besides a lv 1 machop which isnt a good pokemon xD
    I had to go through her like 14 times than i finally beat her

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • Falkner, I chose Chikorita....sigh....I was unprepared.

I don't understand why people think Whitney was so hard, I don't remember her Miltank ever being a problem for me....

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Should've included the Kanto leaders. Oh wait, all my Pokemons were 50+ and they remained 30 even on the first time I got to them >>

Clair probably, Rolltank was just an annoying pokemon, not that hard. I remember Clair did some problems to me once or twice. None of them were hard though.

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
    Years
  • Whitney was hard, she would attract my heracross, then use milk drink to heal, and use rollout while heracross is amazed with the ugliness of the miltank! The only plus side is by the time i beat her on my first time playing through, my pokemon were in the 30s

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • Whitney? seriously?
    I got the Machop and tore through her with low kick and karate chop.

Now Clair was hard. She actually had diverse movesets on her Dragonairs.

If the gym puzzle counts then honorable mention goes to Pryce and his gym that outsmarted me so many times. I think when I couldn't get past him I just restarted my game. How's that for persistence.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • I hate Whitney AND her stupid ugly cow! When I beat it, I don't just want it to faint, I want it to DIE. Literally DIE! Rollout + Milkdrink = RAGEFACE!

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I found them all easy but if I had to choose one it would be Clair because I didn't know how to deal with a Kingdra back then.

Years
  • I had a problem with Jasmine, because way back then, I didn't really know much about the steel type. Otherwise, Claire was difficult for me.

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
  • Either Whitney or Clair. More Whitney than Clair, though.

Whitney's Milltank would easily take out at least 1 of my Pokemon thanks to Rollout.

If I would be unprepared or underleveled for Clair, and none of my Pokemon knew an Ice Attack, sometimes it was hard getting past her Kingdra.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back