• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which Gym Leader was the hardest to beat?

Which Gym Leader was the most difficult

• Falkner

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 123 58.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Chuck

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • Pryce

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Clair

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    My first playthrough of Gold, Whitney was the WORST. I was seriously ready to give up. I believe I had a team of 6, and they included something along the lines of Bayleef, Hoothoot, Flaafy, Quagsire, and 2 others. I had to sleepers on my team, but Miltank just kept waking up and destroying them with Rollout. It was the most annoying thing ever, it must have taken like 7 tries before I beat her. I never got that Machop.

Clair was a little difficult, but by then I actually had good, diverse pokemon and I took her out relatively easily.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I love how the poll skyrockets at Whitney. I did have trouble with her, yes, but I'd say I had a worse experience with Chuck. Oh, Lord, did I hate that man. Dynamicpunching my Eevee and Furret in Crystal... -shakes head- It wasn't easy, especially when I was trying to keep Eevee from fainting so I could get Umbreon. Anyway, the only other thing I could do was use Feraligatr, which wasn't an easy win. I can't remember what she knew at the time...something along the lines of Surf, Bite, Attract, and...something else. Not fun. Not fun in the least bit.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Why does everyone have trouble with whitney i wonder?
    I had no trouble defeating her, >.>;

Clair was the hardest, but what do you expect? Shes the eighth gym leader. The strongest gym leader in Johto ;o

Static Pichu

Has his wifi back!
    Years
  • I borrowed my friend's game for a week and started a new game.
    Surprisingly, all three of the first gym leaders were a breeze, I guess I just either got lucky, or i overtrained my pokemon...

Heh, while fighting whitney, her miltank was a pain, taking out togepi, pidgeotto, and Onix with rollout and kept milk drinking. But when My Female Bayleef came out, I don't know why, but it used attract, over and over again until i finnaly killed it with razor leaf. Heh, stupid Cow.

Ayselipera

Mostly because I didn't realize what move types and types of pokemon meant.

Seriaza

Prof. Elm's Aide
    Years
  • Actually mine was Jasmine, her Steelix was a proper pain in the ass for me, not to mention her annoying Magnemites and their Thunder Waves...

Casey333

~Johto Trainer~
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 10, 2018
    The poll says it all. >.>
    Whitney was really tough with Miltank.

With that Miltank, Whitney was a beast. >.>

Last edited:

Iced

Aspiration
    Years
  • To be honest. I never really had trouble with any gyms. I only had to retry a gym once and it was Jasmine's gym.

lurker

Viridian City Gym Leader
    Years
  • i remeber when i was younger and milktank was aproblem,but now that i replayes the game the only one that gave me a little truble was claire

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Definitely Whitney. I got slaughtered by Miltank the first time when it used Rollout, I thought I was about to win. In fact, I didn't have trouble with any of the other Gym Leaders at all, except Whitney.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back