• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which Gym Leader was the hardest to beat?

Which Gym Leader was the most difficult

• Falkner

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 123 58.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Chuck

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • Pryce

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Clair

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC_Allstar

Green Day Fan
    Years
    Whitney was so easy for me at least. The two gym leaders that gave me problems were Clair and Jasmine. Actually that was the second time around. The first time I didn't know how to equally train pokemon so I only used my typlosian and it came around to be 87 for the elite four. My typlosian and my suicune were my two stars and favorites.

Years
    I found all of them pretty easy but I will just go with Clair being the hardest since it took me awhile to finally KO that Kingdra. I did come prepare for the gym since I had an Ice attack for the Dragons and an Electric attack for Horsea/Seadra but I didn't expect seeing a Water/Dragon type. So much for sweeping her team with only an Ice attack.

I found Whitney one of the easiest gyms. I discovered the person in the Dept. Store who was had a Machop that he wanted to trade. I usually talk to everyone when I first enter a town or city before taking on the Gym and it really paid off. Machop destroyed that pathetic Miltank who was about a level or two above Miltank. Rollout barely does any significant damage. It couldn't recover all the damage I was causing it with Milk Drink since Karate Chop took more than half of Miltank's health. I don't recall it using Attract but it was too busy trying to use Milk Drink which was futile. I was pretty pissed off for not get a badge at first after winning because she was a sore loser. Hmph.

mattc41

Delibird Pwns u
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2011
    Definetly whitney bar far, her and her demon milktank, that evil rollout :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Yeah, Whitney was always the hardest for me. That Miltank was really hard to beat... dang rollout.
    Clair was hard, too though.

Oяiginal

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    Whitney! My poor gold version nearly died beacuse i was seriously gonna break it, but for me the hardest to get to as in a gym was Pryce

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
    I dont want to spam, but Whitney was REALLY annoying with her Miltank.
    The Rollout wasnt that annoying, but the Milk Drink! Everytime I got that tank down to red, Miltank used MILK DRINK.
    But no... I haven't had any difficulties with other leaders.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Hmm. On my first play through i remember whitney being hard to beat but i got her on the 3rd try. Then some of you are on about claire. I cant remember who claire was.

xXI JOE IXx

Hmm. On my first play through i remember whitney being hard to beat but i got her on the 3rd try. Then some of you are on about claire. I cant remember who claire was.

Claire = Lances Cousin and dragon gym leader

Years

Claire is the last gym leader in Gold/Silver/Crystal who's specialty is Dragon Type Pokemon.
    Her Gym is at Blackthorn City. 'Nuff said. :D.

I LOL'D when I saw the amount of votes on Whitney.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    What was the hardest gym leader in g/s/c?

now,what do you think?

As for me,the 2nd,bugsy of whatever it was.He put stat probs on me OVER and OVER and OVER!I HATE HIM!

Jad

Pokemon And Megaman Fan
    Years
    i felt all r easy because i knew info about the gym leaders and brought pokemons which affects gym leader pokemon types

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back