• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which gym took the longest to beat

which gym took you long to beat?

• Total voters

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
    the toughest gym for me was the ghost gym, but the one that took longest was the ice gym, but that was only because I took a long time ridding the gym fo those horrid snow-boulders

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Byron was probably the worst for me but even he is like Meh he is a challenge but he is not tate and liza (if u start with blakizen) but he was a bit more difficult when i you torterra

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    Diamond- I really didn't have any problems due to having to a Infernape.
    Pearl- I had a lot of problems with Candice. She swept my Torterra and my Staraptor. Somehow my Luxray, my last Pokemon, swept her entire team.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    The ice gym was time consuming but in no matter hard for me.

the steel gym is my hardest because i chose chimchar in the beggining
    Then it should have been one of the easiest gyms for you...

Infernape ---> Fire and fighting.
    Those two are super effective against steel.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    The ice gym was time consuming but in no matter hard for me.

Then it should have been one of the easiest gyms for you...

Infernape ---> Fire and fighting.
    Those two are super effective against steel.

Byron's Bronzor is Psychic and his Bastiodon knows AncientPower.

Sirrush

Bringer of Chaos
    Years
    only trouble i had was the ice gym puzzle. took me a lil to get through but aside that i swept through.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Maylene was trouble. I chose Piplup and had spent countless hours training it. I had a level 48 Empoleon and sadly lost a bunch of times to Lucario. Wake also was tough.

In terms of the puzzles, Candices gym, and Volkner's gym.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    The gym where the leader used grass types. I think it was the second or third, since I love water starters, I had alot of problems with beating that leader! :P

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Erm, Candace and Volkner's Gym. Their puzzle is quite a bit challenging, and kinda took me a few minutes to solve atleast one puzzle.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    definetly the ghost type gym, even though they are all kind of easy if you are prepared.

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
    The only real trouble I had with any gym was the 3rd gym on my first playthrough... I was underleveled and Lucario kept KOing my Pokemon.

§

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    Grass for me, fighting at a type disadvantage with no other moves except crappy moves and Water-types doesn't help. Until I finally decided to train that Starly, which took in and around 2 hours itself.

MNFrost

:3
    Years
    Ice, and only because I had trouble getting to the leader herself. None of the actual gym battles were any sort of a challenge to me. Even Lucario didn't give me trouble. It was... disappointing. :/

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    my hardest gym was the ghost gym. just becuz i didnt have any pokemon with a type advantage.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    the ice gym. candice had some high level pokemon and all of mine were underleveled hers were lv 40+ while mine were in their mid 30's and to top it all of i had mostly type-dissadvantages i had too many flying types. but i picked piplup so it kinda helped me.

Back