• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which gym took the longest to beat

which gym took you long to beat?

• Total voters

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    The Ice Gym took the longest, only because of the snowballs blocking the way; It took almost an hour to navigate through the icy floor and knock out every snowball in sight.
    The other gyms were not as difficult, surprisingly.

SoniaXBerserk

Đemise..can't live without it!
    Years
    Maylene(Fighting Gym)because of her Lucario, on my 2nd Go at the Gym I destroyed her with my Infernape!I was a really good trainer.But the 7th Gym Leader's puzzle wore me out.

Icy Void

Its cold in here.
    Years
    Though th elec. Gym was Difficult the hardest was without a doubt Maylene. It took me It took me an entire month 2 beat her it was horrible No one could Hurt luke and He always OHKO.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Maylene's gym, aside from my pokemon being under-leveled, was time consuming beause of the damn obstacles.

Byron's Bronzor is Psychic and his Bastiodon knows AncientPower.

Infernape is still faster than both of those combined and he still has a type advantage, especially on Bastiodon which is 4x. Besides, ANCIENTPOWER is not super-effective against an Infernape because its fighting type will neutralize it. Bronzong can still be at least 2HKO which I know infernape can handle if properly trained.

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    The Snowpoint Gym took forever. I suck at puzzles and it took me ages. The ghost gym also took me a while, because I wanted to fight EVERY trainer in the game on my first run through (something I failed at) and took the time to take on everybody.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    The gym that took me the longest was the ice gym.
    It took me over an hour trying to figure out how
    to get to the leader.

Years
    I beat all the gyms on the first try if I remember right. The toughest one? Probably the ghost gym simply due to the fact I didn't have a pokemon with type advantage. Still had moves like crunch though.

You honestly typed my response for me. xD
    Of course, the two two types I use the least are Dark and Ghost. Heh, go figure. :3

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    When I played my friend's Pearl, it turns out that she was stuck with battling the Ice Gym Leader.

Also, it turns out that she's just starting to level up her Grass Pokémon. So, we made a bet that if I beat the Gym Leader with her team of Grass Pokémon, then she'll buy me chocolate.

It turns out that I lost with a broken dignity. >.<

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
    Years
    Well, back in Yellow version using Pikachu, to defeat Brock too me the longest I Believe.

But in Pokemon pearl the ice gym too the longest cuz all the sliding around.

Last edited:
    Years
    The ice gym's puzzle was a huge pain in the buttocks haha.
    But pokemon wise,the ghost and the steel gyms were hardest.
    It was so awkward in the steel gym.We were both at our last two pokemon.He had his bastiodon out and I had...I don't remember.All my attacks were doing only like 1 hp damage and it took forever to kill his gay bastiodon with all those defense boosting moves....

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    the ice gym
    cause i had a luxray & tortera as my strongest pokemon , and it wasn's easy to beat ambsnow

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I had trouble with the Gym at Sunyshore City, for a while. I ended up having to train a few levels because I both could not type trump (had no Ground types) and I think I was low/mid 40's, when I got there. Although I don't know why I had such trouble, because ever since, I've been able to get by, no problem... o.o

Oh; I tend to still have trouble against Maylene(?). Her Lucario always seems to do a number on my Pokemon and half the time, she gets the Stat Boosts... completely nullifying any advantage a resistance would have given... -.-;;

The puzzles were not hard at all.

Back