• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which is your favourite Unova legendary?

Your favourite?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I was going to fangirl over Thundurus in the designs thread, but then I realised I was the last poster, and then I tried to find the last legendary thread and it died, so!

Which is your favourite Unova legendary? ^____^ And why?

As for me, right now, my favourites are Zekrom, Victini and Thundurus. Zekrom has turned out to be pretty awesome in my opinion, Victini is actually strong when playing through and Thundurus was fun to encounter... and I love its cry, and the fact that it's a thunder genie is awesome. And! I like its design better than the other three genies. Either way, those are my three choices!

But remember guys, we already have a Reshiram vs Zekrom thread if you look around, so if you wish to pick the best between just those two, use that!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm a fan of Victini and Meloetta, because I'm a girl and like cute things.

But really, I like the idea of Fire/Psychic, it's cool, and Meloetta looks like the Relic Song idea would be interesting to try out in battle, to say the least. I can't say I like any of the genies, they don't look very nice to me.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well my favorite legends are now the Tao trio and Victini, and the Musketeer trio, I used to like the Kami trio but they have the defenses of toilet paper...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Which is your favourite Unova legendary?

This guy's got everything. Amazing design, great stats, awesome signature attack, and it's a bug/steel, a type combination that I just have to fangirl over every time they occur. :D

Why can't they just release the event for it sooner? D:

PrinceTrase

Make that sacrifice . . .
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    I love Thundurus. The way he's sitting on the cloud and folding his arms . . . pretty gangsta. Plus, he's fast and has good attack stats. The only thing that I dislike is his Careful nature. It lowers his SpAtk. and I love using Thunderbolt and Discharge. I have him equipped with Magnet to help out though.

Years
  • My favorite Unova legendary is Zekrom. He is an awesome dragon! He is so cool and has cool types. He looks great too.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Cobalion - he's cool blue and a leader. I like he's strong look also.

Virizion - he's sharp and slick. And a Grass which gives it extra points. It also has boot legs xD It should be the fastest of the three but he isn't and he's also the weakest :(

Reshiram - l.o.v.e. Angelic beast of a Pokemon.

Kyurem - I feel sorry for it xD I can't wait to see it's awesome form in the third game and I like its typing. Ice is cool.

Meloetta - I like it's feminine and musical look. ooks like something from the Mozart times which is good.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'd have to say Reshiram and Zekrom. For the first time, I actually like the cover art Legendaries more than any of the other ones.

The Three Musketeer Pokemon are also pretty awesome looking, but I'm still not sure I like them over the two mascots.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • My favorite is Cobalion, mainly because his name is one letter away from "Cobralion" which beings back memories. |D

...Don't ask

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • My favorite legend of Unova is Virizion because it was the most difficult legend I have gone up against in Pokemon White so far :<
    I also like it's move set and it being one of the 4 musketeer Pokemon. Also, I was surprised that it is part Fighting type as well because it doesn't look like one at all.

Years
  • Zekrom, because of his epic design. I also love the Electric/Dragon type combo.

Also I love Kyurem, Ice/Dragon is awesome.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • Zekrom is the best! Awesome design, awesome typing (Electric/Dragon), great stats, an awesome cry, and a great moveset. What else could you possibly ask for out of a Pokemon?

Years
  • 1. Reshiram, because it's pretty. :3 It's my #1 favorite legendary.
    2. Kyurem's pretty cool, and I like it's typing.
    3. Terrakion also looks cool. It's my favorite musketeer pokemon.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Which is your favourite Unova legendary? ^____^ And why?

Here we go...

Which is your favourite Unova legendary?

Victini: Fire/Psychic, a rather unique typing. The design is overall easy on the eyes, and it's the Pokemon embodiment of victory! Oh, and freaking V-GENERATE. 'Nuff said.

Terrakion: looks like a sturdy, earthy Pokemon that has a very nice design. And I love saying its name. Ter-RA-kion.

Virizion
    : a soothing design, with a hint of elegance in its step. Plus, its name constantly reminds me of Verizon, which is sort of cool and sort of annoying. The shiny also looks well-designed.

But why is its Pokedex color white? :cer_confused:

Reshiram
    : the typing combination of Dragon/Fire is awesome, and if any Pokemon other than Reshiram were to attempt pulling it off, it would probably end up being inferior in a sense... But yeah, awesome design, awesome TURBINE TAIL variant, amazing Fusion Flare attack, and utilizes blue fire to incinerate its foes. And its the embodiment of yang.

Zekrom: yet another awesome typing combination (Dragon/Electric). Its TURBINE TAIL is the DRILL that will pierce the heavens, and it has a sleek black coloration for its cool design, to boot. And it uses powerful blue electricity instead, electrocuting the opposition with the epicness that is Lightning Strike. Counterparting Reshiram by embodying yin seals the deal for this terrific creature.

Kyuremu: I'm not really familiar with his lore or detailed artwork, aside from that "original dragon" rumor... But his Dragon/Ice typing combination complements his brethren nicely, and his moves have the potential to be amazing, provided they receive major buffs in the future. :\ And being a representative for the concept of wuji gives him bonus points - originally, I didn't even think there would be a proper concept to complement yin and yang, which are typically seen within a solitary pair.

Keldeo
    : the "offset" nature of it in comparison to the rest of its quartet, its origins, and the differences that accompany it make it a pretty nice Pokemon. And it's cute, to boot. It has a few odd-looking parts, such as its fluffy tail and somewhat-clashing red "mane", but overall, it seems like a good legendary. Quite tiny, though, when Victini is supposed to fill the "Mew-esque" Pokemon role.. >_>

Genosect: a purple metallic giant cockroachish-bug with a changeable Drive-dependent elemental nuclear cannon that shoots lasers? EPIC. My only slight dislike for it is that its backstory mimics Mewtwo a bit too much...

Furthermore, several elemental moves are more powerful and come packed with additional effects, in comparison to Genosect's signature move Techno Buster. Genosect's Techno Buster with Burn, Freeze, and Shock Drives is beaten out by Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt, respectively. Only Aqua Drive is really worthwhile, as Genosect currently does not learn any offensive Water-type moves. The repetition of the Bug/Steel type combination is getting a bit tiring as well, and it doesn't even permit Genosect to get STAB on its own signature move.

The purple coloration, while OK, hails back to Mewtwo too much...I'm a bit puzzled on what color would actually fit Genosect better. Red (as in the shiny variant) makes it resemble Scizor too much, green makes it look too much like Scyther, and gray is somewhat reminiscent of Durant. Orange makes it seem like an inferior Scizor in terms of coloration, and yellow doesn't look like it would work well unless it was combined with another color in the design...

Least Favorite Legendaries
    :

Cobalion: It's an equestrian-ish Pokemon, yet it has lion in its name. The turquoise coloration ruins the design, and the oddly-placed white beard worsens it even further to a disgraceful degree. The shiny variant's main darkened-blue color helps things a bit. The horn is somewhat cool, though it also seems simply "tacked on" to the design. The lower portions of its legs look OK, but the legs' upper portions, along with the blades on its shoulders and hindquarters seem a bit strange. The Steel/Fighting typing helps to redeem things.

The Legendary Kami trio: They look like lame Fakemon recolors that don't even change poses, and could have been designed in a much better manner than their current horrifying and rehashed depictions. Voltolos is somewhat redeemed by the ring of black spikes it carries... But for the kami trio overall, the colors just clash too much, and the design looks terrible for the most part. Worst "minor" trio design ever, IMO.

Meloetta: ...the name sounds like something from a subpar work of fanfiction. The design is a bit creepy, with the Voice Forme's colors clashing. The shiny variants just serve to worsen the designs. Meloetta's origin is cool, but the execution of it in a Pokemon design seems a bit shoddy. Also, the eyes remind me of Trozei!'s Lucy Fleetfoot, which isn't a good thing. :x

Meinfoo

Spelling error? Spelling win!
    Years
  • Reshiram definately! It has an amazing design even if it is a tad Digimon-ish (it doesn't have guns and lazers yet.)

I'm really hoping for the alternate forme/formes of Kyurem that are going to be beyond awesome. Imagine if it lost its dragon typing for Electric/Ice, Fire/Ice! Or Dragon/Dragon, haha double stab outrage. (Does it learn it)

The above quote is my random prediction pay no attention to it.

Back