• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which one of the legendary birds was the hardest to catch?

Which one of the legendary birds was the hardest to catch?

• Articuno

Votes: 64 57.1%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • Moltres

Votes: 26 23.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hassamu

Beamin'
Years
  • Articuno definately.
    I remember on my first play-through of Pokemon Blue I couldn't catch it and ended up fainting it without saving before the battle.. =[

.Busou Kihaku.

私は神で取る!
    Years
  • I'm a nub, the only i managed to catch was Zapdos.

Somehow Articuno manages to pwn me all day, resulting in lack of monney to buy Ultra Balls.

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    I've always had trouble with good ol' Articuno.

It always takes me a few tries to capture him.

And I notice this reoccurring trend that whenever I try to capture him it I do it late at night when I'm more likely to get frustrated and just quit so I can go to sleep.

DestinyBender

Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
    Years
  • Possibly.... Articuno? I know y'all think that was the easiest :D

Heh... It cost me 10 000 buckaroons to catch this fothermucker.

Moltres was child's play.

Zapdos, was like picking up a fallen hair. Tricky, but not hard.

~DB

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Articuno was hard to catch, especially after wandering around in a cave.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Like some of you I found Articuno to be the hardest. D:
    It takes about 50-70 Pokeballs and by then I have to get more for Moltres (Whom I usually get next).

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • I've actually played through LeafGreen version recently. The hardest for me was Moltres, it gave me soooo much trouble! I almost never caught it--I know it took at least 40 Ultra Balls...and I kept knocking it out or it would knock itself out (because of confusion) and I'd have to start over. I had to start over about three times with that one.

WolfWrath

*Questions your mental health*
    Years
  • Zapdos is the hardest legendary bird for me. Articuno is easy for me and Moltres, I just bring a Ninetales. But Zappy...it usually takes me 70 ultra balls >_> I once caught all three of them in pokeballs once, my friend dared me to...... the torture ._.

Owz

Beginning Pkn Hacker/Scripter
    Years
  • well i just finished the game and i had a hard time with Moltres. like every one else Zapdos was very easy and Articuno was about a 15 Ultraball catch but i had to reload my save 3 times to get Moltres i KOed it the first time then it KOed it self by running out of PP ( i used over 80 Ultraballs) then on the last try i got it with in 30 Ultras

KingdomBlade

Sora! I choose you!
    Years
  • All were pretty easy, Moltres took long though. Since I had a Pokemon that had Hypnosis then. (I think it was Hypno?)

Then, attack, spam Ultra Balls. It wasn't hard, just took a while.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Yeah, I see most people chose Articuno. I always hate trying to catch it too - It just keeps getting out lol

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Articuno was a bit tougher, though nothing major. For Zapdos, since all it has is Drill Peck, you really don't have to worry about taking too much damage while you try to catch it. It also caught after fewer Pokeballs.

As for Moltres, if you can nail it hard when it uses Endure, just inflict a stat condition and it's cake.

UltimaWeapon

UltimaPoke
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2011
    They were all pretty hard to catch.

But I'd say Articuno was harder than the others.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Personally I think they're all easy to catch, I caught them all within 10 ultra balls.
    Overall, I had to use more balls on Moltres.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back