• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I picked Totodile in HG, as I always pick water types in my "main" game in each generation, and Totodile was my starter back in Gold. I chose Cyndaquil in SS because I like Typhlosion a lot, and because I used Cyndaquil in Silver. I've never been much of a Chikorita fan, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    All three. Started the game, traded each of the starter Pokémon to my girlfriend, then started up again, and then rotated between all of them. All at 100 now, natch.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2011
    Cyndaquil, because way way way back before I had the games I had cards because that was all I was allowed parentally to have, and Typhlosion just looked amazing.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    On my first play through, I got a Cyndaquil. Boy, was he useful. He was a life saver and a lot more when he evolved into a Typhlosion(sp?).

On the next one, I thought I'd choose the Grass starter since Water types are pretty much useless for me. (Never chose a water-starter till my third playthrough in the D/P/Pt games.) But BOY, was I wrong. Chikorita was USELESS. From Falkner to Claire, Chikorita was useless, more or less. Evolved into Meganium and still no 'absorbing' moves. GAH!!

I should have chose Totodile. :'(

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I went with two starters when I first got the game. I picked Cyndaquil first and as soon as I reached Violet City, I traded over a Pokemon XD Totodile with Hydrocannon that I have been saving specifically for the occasion.

Version Five

Restarted entire hack. :(
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    I, like always, choose the fire-type Pokemon in the games. So, yes, I chose Cyndaquil, however, I did know about the other starters you can get, so instead of getting all fires I chose to get one of each kind, Cyndaquil, Squirtle, Treeko. My favorite starters of each generation. :)

Years
    Totodile. I'm usually partial to the Water type starters, and I chose the aforementioned Poke when playing both Soul Silver and Silver back in the day.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    I actually legitly got all three! In Crystal I chose Chikorita (Also got it through a trade in SS), In Soul Silver I chose Cyndaquil and in Heart Gold I chose Totodile!

xX-Nix-Xx

The 2nd Chance trainer!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2011
    I chose Cyndaquil!

I like all the starters equally (unless you add all the other regions, then Chimchar beats them all! XD)
    But I just had to go for the fire type!

Years
    I chose my Totodile. I didn't really wanna pick Chikorita and I don't like Cyndaquil because of it's popularity

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
    Totodile on HG then Cyndaquil in SS.
    Restarted SS just to use Chikorita.
    For some reason, I have a hard time deciding which to pick each time...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back