• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    Cyndaquil. I love fire and that was my first ever Pokemon when I played Crystal. Ah the memories.... :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Cyndaquil, cos I love him.
    Although I'm gonna put him in the PC as soon as I can get my hands on a beautiful Growlithe whom I shall nickname Simba ^_^

氏 マイケル

Pika Pika!
    Years
    I chose Totodile, just like I did in Gold and Silver, but will restart soon to choose Cyndaquil, which will turn the game into "hard" or "intense" mode.

Years
    I picked Totodile in Heart Gold as it is like overall my favorite starter in all generations :3

Back in the Gold/Silver days, I would always choose Cyndaquil but Totodile has grown on me over the years. Honestly, I don't understand how I could have been so obsessed with Cyndaquil back then xD

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I picked Cyndaquil, due to my priority over fire with starters, and also because that's the first Pokemon I got, as Gold was my first game.

Moonlord

The ........MewTwo
    Years
    • LA
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    I definitely chose cyndaquil, I chose it because when it was my first time EVER playing pokemon (2005) I chose the pokemon cyndaquil.

Starchomp

Avid Gambler
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    Totodile, its funny looking and I like it that way, plus Feraligatr has an awesome movepool

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Chikorita. Am I crazy? Yes :D
    But I have been stuck with Chikorita ever since Pokemon Gold. I love a challenge and Chikorita made playing Heartgold more enjoyable. Also I loved the look on Falkner's and Bugsy's face when I kicked their butts with my mega-awesome Bayleef :D

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    Totodile 9_9 worst choice of my life. Feraligatr was the only Pokemon I had to drop from my fully evolved team. Granted, it didn't get proper EV training, but neither did the rest of them and they still did well..

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I choose Cyndaquil but i put him in the pc and used a turtwig,chimchar and piplup.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    I restarted my game and chose Totodile. Personally, I find his move set better then Cyndaquil's.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Chikorita
    I don't know that in the first game it's hard
    so I get a pidgey (no pidgeotto) to cover up that hardness...

Doughnutx23

Experienced Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2011
    Yea Johto starters suck. I picked cyndaquil first, then I found out it's moves suck, so I started over and chose totodile, and he doesn't even learn a good STAB move. As for chikorita, well...

I started over again and picked totodile again for some odd reason lol

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yea Johto starters suck. I picked cyndaquil first, then I found out it's moves suck, so I started over and chose totodile, and he doesn't even learn a good STAB move. As for chikorita, well...

I started over again and picked totodile again for some odd reason lol
    I didn't realise Eruption sucked for Typlosion. =p As for non-evolved moves, ember/flame wheel are fine (and later Flamethrower), and Totodile...gets Water Gun, Rage which is handy for long battles, followed by the likes of Bite and Crunch and Ice Fang and Slash, and then Surf/Waterfall as HMs, the former by the 4th gym... (and Hydro Pump when fully evolved).

Doughnutx23

Experienced Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2011
    I didn't realise Eruption sucked for Typlosion.
    Yea that's about it. I was thinking more about competitive battling, and all those fire type moves won't do much.

And feraligatr is pure water so it has waterfall as the best move, since it has high attack.
    He's the best out of the three for me.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I started with Chikorita and then traded it over to my Plat. Then started again we Totodile and traded again to my Plat. I restarted once more to get Cyndaquil and then traded Chikorita and Totodile back to my SS. So...I guess I had all three. Yay! ^.^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back