• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
    I chose Totodile cause Feraligater looks awesome (Typhlosion also looks sick, but it's just that in the original Silver and Crystal, I chose Toddy, so I kinda formed a special bond with that croco). :>

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Cyndaquil.

I personally am not as huge a fan of Typhlosion as Cyndaquil and Quilavsa, but hell, its back is still on fire, and it's now really strong, and able to utilise Rock Climb, which is slightly better than Strength, and necessary to reach Red, sadly. But its movepool isn't that great anyway, which makes it ok!

It also learns Eruption, which I have loved ever since Groudon learnt it.

ShiShi

Shorts! <3
    Years
    The first time I played I chose Cyndaquil, mainly because it's pretty darn cute. The second time I played I chose Chikorita, which I chose merely on a whim.

Years
    I chose Totodile because all three of his evos look better than the other two put together in my opinion, that's all. I'll probably choose Totodile again when I get my HG version next month.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I got a female Totodile in Soulsilver and a male Cyndaquil in Heartgold.
    Though, I evolved Totodile and boxed her, I didn't even train the Cyndaquil :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Cyndaquil. Typhlosion lears better moves than groudon and id pretty much able to take anyone. CYNDAQUIL FTW!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2010
    I decided for Chikorita. Has good defenses and nice sp. atk status, of course cyndaquil would be better for sp. atk, but I got my EVs good for that one. I use it as sustainer, which is nice to have, I would always rather use it than umbreon (I personally dislike this eevelution because it has no atk or sp. atk, just def. Kinda gets boring when I can't hit). I didn't use Totodile because mass water moves and surf are specail based and it has no special attack to hit with, so I substituted his type with Lapras or Starmie, and Arcanine has far better status tan Typloshion. That's it... so chiko rules!

Years
    I started with my Cyndaquil.

Still on my first runthrough, but hey, I'm a late starter at Pokemon gaming, I reckon whenever I get around to a second run, I'll go with Totodile, maybe Chikorita cause it's so cute...but I reckon Toto wins for my 2nd run.

Won't be for a while though sadly.

Jirachi²

Make a wish!
    Years
    My Starter

I wanted to choose Cyndaquil, but after researching its move-pool I just wasn't happy with it. So I ended up choosing Totodile because it fit my team better and I chose Totodile on my first complete play-through of my first Pokemon game ever: Pokemon Gold.

- Jirachi² -

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I've only played HG once (and don't have SS) so I only got to make the choice once. I chose Totodile because that's the starter I chose in the original Gold version. :)

Brockoli

The Trainer of 1,000 Truths
    Years
    What starter did you choose in HG/SS

What starter did you choose in HG/SS and why? I chose Tododile because Croconaw learns Ice Fang at lv 21, which does x4 damage against Lance's Dragonites and I happen to own Platinum, Fire Red, and a DS Lite, as well as a DSi so I can trade a Growlithe over to SS.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Cyndaquil. Although the only time I've defeated Red, and Lance 2nd round, I used Feraligatr, 90% of the time I choose Cyndaquil.

Why?

It was cute, Battle Revolution made that cuteness look powerful with Flamethrower, etc. and, tbh, it's my favourite out of the starters in Johto, just beating Quilava, Totodile and Croconaw.

n64benowitz177

Is The Man In The Mirror.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I picked totodile, because that is what I chose when I originally got Gold, but I also have chosen the water type starter regardless the first play through on every pokemon game I've ever owned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back