• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DryBones41

Account is dead. X_X
Years
  • Soulsilver: Totodile (but after I beat the game I traded my whole team on to my Platinum then delete my Soulsilver file)

Heartgold: Totodile (I just recently started playing it)

HG Team:

Saku (Gastly) lv 16
    Dokun (Pidgey) lv 16
    Jason (Totodile) lv 16
    Autumn (Flaaffy) lv 16

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
  • Totodile, because even though Chikorita was my original choice for nostalgia's sake, I didn't like its learnset in Gen IV.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • chikorita is moe defensive, which is why I hate it in game.
    However, I have seen it as a very good subseeder in competetive battle

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    I chose Chikorita since it was my first pokemon in Silver way back in the day X)

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    I chose Totodile in SoulSilver and Chikorita in HeartGold. I rarely ever chose Cyndaquil back in the old days so I guess I just stuck to habit.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Well there was a pre-existing thread from a while back but still used a bit and within a month old, so threads merged.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • On my first HeartGold I stated with Totodile, then when my sister erased my save data, I started with Cyndaquil then.

Years
  • I was planning on choosing Cyndaquil when I got my HG, but I actually chose Totodile for a change. If I ever get SS I would choose Cyndaquil though.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    Cyndaquil, because of the Sprout Tower and Bugsy. Also because I love fire-type pokémon and I like Typhlosion a lot.

cloudman

The Revolutionary Trainer!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 29, 2010
    I wanted to chose Cyndaquil, but something made me choose Totodile.

I`m glad I did!

Rain

Years
  • I chose chikorita in HG since I started with a chikorita in the original gold.
    I chose totodile in SS.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    On heartgold I chose Cyndaquil because in Crystal I chose him and I have a lot of good memories with that game =) SS i chose Chikorita cause well he's pretty neato ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back