• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
  • I went for Totodile for my Soul Silver game because I tried the two other starters in my Gold game. I just wanted to try a different starter. He's quite strong once he got a few levels in. XD Also, used him in a lot of battles while another Pokemon has experience share. XD

elroid

Noob
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2010
    I choosed cyndaquil as fire type seems to be hardest to obtain within early game. But sometimes it just depends on the look lol

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I chose a Meganium... My older brother was super lucky though and got a shiny Meganium -_-

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • I chose Cyndaquil, which is fairly new since I always choose Squirtle/Totodile/Mudkip/Piplup, generally Water-type starters. I liked water type starters as they are much HM slaves and could learn a variety of moves. I just liked how the Cyndaquil walks with you at early stages of the game (because it evolves later on, so walking with Typhlosion is uhhh... Let's just use the bike).

n0rul3s

Exploring Unova....
    Years
  • i choosed cyndaquil because the fire type is always the most powerfull (my opinion)

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
  • My preference has been the Water Starter, ever since Gen I Games :D But occasionally I would choose the Fire Starter :D And I'd sometimes choose Turtwig too .. I always hated Sceptile/Meganium xD

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
  • For Soul Silver? It was Totodile, simply because I don't like the look of Typhlosion or Meganium.

I generally go for the Fire type though, as there doesn't seem to be many other fire types. At least I have a Charmander now!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • After so many restarts since I got the game, I've finally decided to stick with Totodile. I had it before when I started over, but unlike DPPt, HG/SS allows you the false start over, so when I tried to save it wouldn't let me. Or at least that's what I like to call it anyway. I've pretty much had each Johto starter at least once so far though.

BiohazardX

Marionette Master
    Years
  • I usually pick fire types. When I played through Gold when I was little, I had a Typhlosion (At first, Cyndaquil)

But I ended up picking Totodile.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back