• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Well...I picked Oshawott. Then repeatedly restarted, before going back to Oshawott, having never left Nuvema Town. It's now a lv.77 Samurott, so I reckon its been a good choice.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2014
I picked snivy, mainly because i tend to like fast pokemon. I'm glad I chose him, leech seed and coil helped alot in the elite four rematches.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
As you may or may not know from the 'What did you name yourself thread' I had named my character Cedric after Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. As I tend to do I like my starter to have a matching name and as close to a matching species as possible to my character if I can.

So I chose Oshawott as it was most badger like although I know it's supposed to be an otter, and made it female so that I could name it Hufflepuff :)

The_Noob

Banned
Years
Smugleaf/Snivy/Tsutaaja. I ****ing love that thing so much. But I think I'll go for Tepig in Grey/Rainbow, because its moveset and stats are absolutely ballin'.

Noob out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
For my first playthrough, I picked Oshawott. I'm on my second playthrough right now and I picked Tepig. To be honest, I'm a little happier with my now Pignite than I was with my Samurott. It's funny, I wasn't crazy about Tepig at all when I first saw the Unova starters, but he's really grown on me. :D

Years
I'm picking Oshawott when I get Black.

I might need permission from my brother to trade starters between my Black and his White. I'll restart twice for 2 Tepigs, trade them to his game. I'll restart two more times to get 2 Snivys, trade again. Then when I choose Oshawott I will trade one Tepig and Snivy to my game so I can be like Ash in the anime (he owns all 3 starters).

I used the same trading strategy in HG & SS.

Sigilyph

local psychopath
Years
I ended up choosing Tepig in White version. I ended up naming him Hephaestus after the Greek God of fire. He was pretty beast and helped me beat the majority of my game. I chose Mijumaru in Black. He's pretty neat. I don't know if I'll end up using him the full game because I'm only at Pinwheel Forest ^^

RHCP

||Sweetie Belle~
Years
I picked Oshawott, as I fell in love with it via the anime!
He's now a Samurott named Aragorn. <3

Back