• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters
Years
  • I have a Snivy, because I—at some point—decided to switch to a Grass type team because I love the colour green and nature.

Grass Pokémon seem so weak though and I am a lot more about a strong attack, where fire seems to be strong to me.

They're like, opposites. =_=);

IT WAS A STRANGE TWO HOUR PHASE IN MY LIFE! Don't judge me.

Cid

Years
  • On my trial run, I chose Oshawott because of the anime...
    I guess old habits die hard, since I based on the anime for my starter choice in the first gen, too. :)
    The trial run lasted until the second town, and when I saw the Snivy (which had quite a background for a starter Pokemon in the anime) that Ash caught later on, I tried Snivy and went through with it until now.

I feel guilty for not continuing my Oshawott run, though. I'll just use him on my next game, or maybe in Pokemon Grey if I get too attached to Snivy and can't bring myself to restart my game. :P

Xena

I have many skills.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    I chose Oshawott and I named him Hercules. ;D

Years
  • In my Pokemon Black runthrough I totally picked Snivy, but wanted to nickname him Smugleaf. When it didn't let you rename him right away I thought I'd done something wrong and panicked XD...I ended up renaming him Smuglord after he evolved though. For Pokemon White I chose Oshawott and named him Wotter, then traded and am now using a Tepig (now Emboar) named Ganon.

:t254: Sceptile0111 :t254:

~Touko

Haxorus Breeder ~ #1 Axew Fan
    Years
  • Scratch my last post, I'm restarting again (thanks OCD *rolls eyes and laughs*)
    I'm now picking Oshawott because Tepig wasn't doin' too well for me. ^^'

Hmmm...I'll name it Isora! It means "Goddess of the sea shore" in Japanese so it works perfectly! I'll just keep resetting until I get a female wott. <3

~Touko

Years
  • I was able to defeat every trainer with just my Oshawott starter.I only had 2 rematch a few gym leaders which my Oshawott was weak to eg the 1st gym leader.Other than that i smoked everyone including Cheren whom my starter is suppose to be weak against.I suppose you could say i used Oshawott too much as he was lvl 70 by the end of the game.Still i did come up against Dragon Grass type trainers and even they werent a challenge 4 my Oshawott xD.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • In Black, I picked Oshawott. In White, I picked Tepig (later dumped..). I have obtained a Snivy through trading but I forgot to vote that. :B

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
    Years
  • I always have a tendency to choose the Fire-Type starter in all Pokémon games, so I've chosen Tepig.

I called him RAZORBEAST because there's a Maximal called Razorbeast from Beast Wars Transformers toys that transforms in a wild boar. So when he finally evolved to Emboar, he was enought worthy to be called like that. XD

Empirely

Two headed BEAST from Serebii
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2011
    Pcch :p

Oshawott for my black :D and Snivy for my white :D

Then for the next game I'll lean on Tepig

I make good nicknames: Snivy (leafzilla) Tepig for gray (fire power) and oshawott (Shellster)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I picked Tepig. Gosh. Never thought Tepig would be the least chosen. Madness I say! Oh well. c:

~Pkmn Trainer Green

Always a step ahead of Red
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I picked Snivy for the first time but it was a mistake on my part. It was nowhere near effective as I hoped it would be.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I picked Oshawott for 3 times now in my 5 Pokémon White restarts.. First is that its simply adorable. Second, when I watched the anime "Best Wishes", it tripled Oshawott's cuteness.

Hireku

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2011
    Everytime I was playing my White, I picked Snivy. I was thinking about Oshawott, because I heard bad things about Snivy. It is very weak and every foe was able to beat Snivy. Then I took Snivy, because I wanted to test my Snivy. It was not weak, but it was strong. It was able to beat the first gymleader, without any help. I needed a lot of potions, but that is no problem. I named my Snivy "Champ", because it is strong and the name is cool. ;-)

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    I just began on my second runtrough with Tepig/Pignite/Embroar and I am seriously happy now. First I picked Snivy, but I realised grass just aren't any good offensively.. so I picked the strongest pokemon type offensively to begin with FIRE! I also had to think about it because having a water pokemon but most oppeonents have weakness for fire.

hahaiamchris

Ultimate Dragon Taimer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    I picked Snivy. He looked cool and he was my favourite type for starters.

Oh! Forgot too add that now after I beat the game, I'm trying Oshawatt

Last edited:
    Back