• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whitney's Young Trainer Academy (PG-14 || SUs Closed)

Cyndaquasher

Kicker of upper thigh reigons
Years
  • After he finished watching Whitney's Miltank, Joe looked up to see Ai-ai climbing through the tree that he had previously been sitting under! "Hey, save some of the fun for me!" Joe said as he climbed up and joined Ai-ai. As the two weaved through the branches, more and more students arrived. Neither of them minded the newcomers, but they were both starting to wonder what they were going to learn at this 'school.'

As the last of the students arrived, Whitney called everyone over. Joe jumped out of the tree and landed on both feet perfectly. Now why couldn't that have happened when I went over the wall? He asked himself as he caught Ai-ai mid-jump and walked over to the others.

As the students listened in, Joe grinned. Missions? That was right up his alley! Joe had been helping people out for ages and a series of missions would eventually have some kind of helping going on! Ai-ai mirrored Joe's grin perfectly. There'd surely be pokemon to fight somewhere along the way with these missions! With the two of them grinning in excited glee, there'd only be one thing to do now: get the mission and go-well, after everyone got used to the school, that is.

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • Soon after basking in the sunlight, Kaya and Apollo moved to the front steps of the academy, appreciating the shade. In the corner of her eye, Kaya saw Whitney scan the area, then call out for people to gather around. Since she was within earshot Kaya stayed on the steps. As she listened to the gym leader talk, Kaya suddenly heard rapid footsteps echo across the academy.

At the main entrance, she saw a lone girl, out of breath, sprinting towards the group. Kaya leaned over Apollo.

"At least we weren't late..." she whispered. Apollo gave a soft sound of approval.

After the girl explained herself, Whitney continued to talk. As Kaya heard more and more of the things that she'd do, her heart skipped a beat.

This sounds really cool! It sounds way better than a normal school! she thought.

Kaya rocked on her heels with glee. The real adventure was about to begin....

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • Kosh was still rubbing her face into her pokemon's feathers when Whitney called everyone over. She turned to see the super-boy from earlier suddenly hop down from the tree.

"When the heck did he get up there?!" she whispered frantically to Pip and Kipper. "Teleportation?!"

Pip shook his head as if to agree with Kosh's guess. Kipper simply rolled his eyes-- these two could be a bit too spacey for him.

Kosh was hyping herself up to say more, but Whitney's melodic voice interrupted her thoughts again. Kosh turned towards Whitney, stepping a few feet closer before stopping completely to listen. Kipper and Pip each rested their heads on her shoulders, and her right hand came up absentmindedly to pet Kipper, the other tugging gently on the hem of her dress.

What Whitney was saying started to excite Kosh. She'd never been to a school where they were expected to do exciting missions and go on amazing journeys. It would be the perfect opportunity for her to see more of her kingdom-- er, home.

The words "team up" startled Kosh a little. She glanced around the group, and saw there were four other girls, and four boys. That was nine people. She hoped with all her heart she didn't end up all alone on her missions. She'd never really had any close friends besides Pip and Kipper.

She put on a determined look. She'd try to make friends as best she could. If Whitney wanted her to, it must be a good idea. And these kids didn't seem too bad. The superhero boy was pretty interesting to say the least, and the boy with the strange new sandwich-fetching pokemon was definitely someone she wanted to talk to.

Another girl had a growlithe. Kosh had met a growlithe once-- it had belonged to one of the passing trainers she'd met. It had been very soft and playful, and Pip and Kipper had actually had fun racing it, since it was really fast.

Yea, Kosh thought to herself as Whitney finished up her speech. Making friends with interesting people like these will be great.

Still, she hugged Kipper and Pip closer to her for a long moment. For the second time that morning, she was feeling extremely nervous.

Last edited:

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
  • Whitney's call to assembly came shortly after Bianca had arrived, leaving little time for her to socialize with her new classmates and rivals. Just a little disappointed, the young trainer walked in closer toward her new mentor, ready to listen and get a head start from the get-go. She also decided that Fusion would want to hear this too, although Bianca had no idea whether he would understand anything or not. As discretely as possible, she released the unown from its pokeball.

Just as Whitney was about to speak, one last trainer rushed in and commented on how she was late, thought Whitney seemed okay with it. Good, Bianca thought. Whitney seems like a kind and understanding person already.

It was then that the gym leader began her speech about how the school was going to run. Bianca had originally expected that she would have to go through a little tedious classroom training, but hearing Whitney say otherwise was and exciting and encouraging prospect.

Although, Bianca knew that going on 'missions' might be a little difficult, since Fusion only had one move. But that would not matter. As she had a few times before, Bianca was convinced that she would show her fellow students just how powerful an unown could be. And even if Fusion was weak, there would be plenty of chances to capture others.

In fact, the more Bianca thought about the adventures that were to come, the better it all sounded. Perhaps the group would even meet a legendary pokemon. But before anything else could happen, Bianca knew that it would be nice to make a few friends.

And then, one problem began to stick out in Bianca's mind. Does my unown 'hat' make me look like a dork?

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • Caleb had smoothed down the grass where he was sitting, and had a book over his eyes as he lay down. Now Caleb could block out Whitney and the other students, and Whitney, and Indolent, and Whitney. Did Caleb mention blocking out Whitney.

"Thinking of Indolent," Caleb thought, "Where is that little bugger. Usually he would jump at the chance to use my stomach as a bed." Caleb took out the aforementioned pokemon's poke ball from his bag, and checked to see if it was empty. It wasn't, and Caleb didn't register that he had just released his pokemon before Indolent jumped onto Caleb's stomach. Why had Caleb left himself open, and not sat up.

Caleb looked up as he heard Whitney's annoying voice telling everyone to sit closer. H sighed moodily, but moved closer to hear better about Whitney's "school." The movement "accidentally" knocked Indolent to the ground.

""Okay, so here's the thing. This isn't going to be the kind of boring school where everyone sits in tiny little rooms learning things they don't care about. It's boring. And, frankly, I can't be bothered to teach like that. Instead, we'll be doing something fun! You'll all get to team up and go on fun little missions where you learn things by doing them, and I'll give prizes to people who do well. Any questions?" Whitney cried out excitedly when her students had gathered. Caleb sighed, thinking to himself "Oh great. Not only do we not learn anything educational, we also get to run errands for Whitney."
    The other students seemed excited and Caleb was already dreading being paired up with any "Whitney lovers."

"Ziggg," Indolent sighed dreamily and then plopped down on the grass, knocked out into the world of sleep.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • As it turned out, Whitney wouldn't be expecting them to suffer through a suffocating classroom environment. Instead it seemed that there would be more room for free expression and ingenuity, in something she referred to as 'missions.' Darin was cautious enough to avoid thinking that it would be enjoyable, but he was hoping. Absentmindedly he rubbed the egg through his hoodie, something that had become something of a habit since he started keeping the egg on him at all times. He wanted it to bond to him once it hatched, and couldn't risk just leaving it somewhere and having someone else be the first thing it saw.

Darin wasn't sure what to do next. If they were to be living at the school Whitney or an assistant should show them where their quarters were, and he should leave his bags there. But it didn't appear that would be happening immediately, so he focused instead on the people. He didn't know anyone here, and he didn't approve of that fact. Darin was a very social creature, and he had never thrived on solitude. He glanced over the rest of the student body, and his eyes fell on a dark haired boy sitting alone across the courtyard with a Zigzagoon. Maybe he could use some company. He knew enough about people to know that there was a chance he would want to continue being alone and perhaps react with snappishness Darin didn't deserve, but if he didn't try it he couldn't possibly know.

He crossed the courtyard with a cautiously friendly grin, somewhat like a puppy approaching a larger, older dog. As he got closer he noticed that the kid didn't seem to like his Zigzagoon much. Why that could be he didn't understand, but he didn't want to judge.

"Hi. He's pretty handsome," he said, gesturing at the Pokemon. "Is he your first?"

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • Caleb sat and stared at Indolent as the rest of the students mingled. There was no way he was going to let himself enjoy this. It would mean admitting defeat to his parents, and worse, Whitney. Though Caleb was intrigued about what these missions – errands would entail.

"Hi. He's pretty handsome. Is he your first," another student walked up and started gesturing towards Indolent. Caleb raised an eyebrow at the boy's tentative smile and spent a few seconds observing the bulge under the boy's hoodie. Caleb then looked down at the sleeping Indolent and answered the kid's questions. "Indolent was dumped on me by my parents, so yes, he would be my first. Though it looks like his "special training" my parents kept going on and on about made him handsome instead of active," Caleb said, quite a lot of bitterness in his voice.

Caleb realized that he was directing his anger at Whitney and his parents on this new kid, and lightly apologized with a "Sorry, contrary to my parents, I don't admire Whitney much. Being a student of her's is not what I planned to be doing this year."

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • It looked like the kids - er, students - had got the gist of her little speech, and were even starting to like, interact with each other. Excellent. Whitney tried to remember if there was anything she hadn't told them yet, but nothing really came to mind. Oh, except--!

"One last thing!" She called out to the gathered teens, cutting through whatever conversations were taking place. "There are bedrooms here, so you'll all be able to stay here when you're not on missions. Speaking of missions, your first one is really easy. You all just need to get to know each other today, and work out how you'll pair up for tomorrow's real mission. So you can have fun and stuff today~! Tomorrow I'll meet you here at...hm...the same time as today, and we can really get started!" Flashing a cheerful Whitney grin at everyone, she turned and skipped away in the direction of her gym, her Miltank following at a more sedate pace. If anyone had questions for her, it was clearly too bad - she was gone.

Sarah stared at the retreating form of Whitney, feeling a little disconnected. What, she was just supposed to make friends with this group of strangers? It had been a while since she'd been in a situation like this, with no friends to extol her virtues and help her impress the other people around. She didn't really know how to do the whole 'making friends' thing on her own. After a moment in which no brilliant ideas popped up in her head, she released her Nidoran from her pokeball - at least now she'd feel less alone. She knelt down to pat Princess, hoping that maybe someone else would do all the hard work and just come introduce themselves.

Strikit

Years
  • To Darin's surprise, the boy seemed to earnestly hate his Zigzagoon. He couldn't imagine hating a Pokemon, though to be honest he could hardly imagine hating any form of life. Especially since Zigzagoon were so cute, he knew he would have a hard time hating one, but that was just him, and he knew there was almost always more under the surface than immediately became apparent. He should not, then, press the matter. He would learn more in time if the kid wanted him to.

"It's no trouble," Darin said with a grin. "I figured something was probably bothering you. I know what you mean, Whitney doesn't seem like a very professional teacher. But it's not learning from her I'm looking forward to. I believe no one can teach you anything; they can only offer the information for you to absorb and learn yourself. Whitney's school just offers the opportunity to pick up on things. And after spending a few years here I hope to figure out what I want to do with myself."

Realizing that he'd been babbling, he closed his mouth and sat down on the grass. It felt good to get the weight of his bag off of his shoulder, and he leaned back with a contented sigh. "This is my first partner," he said as he reached into his hoodie pocket and released his Sentret. "Her name is Rodney. Well, no. She's not necessarily my first partner. Technically, this is."

He pulled his hoodie just far enough up to get the egg out, and presented it to Caleb, though he kept it close to his body still. "My egg is the only one that hasn't hatched yet, since my brothers and sister all had eggs too. Theirs were all Sneasel, so I'm pretty sure mine will be, but I don't know for sure."

Darin looked up when Whitney began to speak about what they were to do next. Finally she mentioned dormitories, though she said nothing about co-ed dorms. He frowned slightly; was it allowed, then? And apparently their only mission so far was to get to know one another. That should be no problem. So far he seemed to be getting along well enough with this kid, so that had to count.

"Oh! My name is Darin," he added as a second thought.

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • Caleb was impressed by the kid's philosophy on learning and he had to admit that he couldn't be too bad. The kid then introduced himself, his sentret and a sneasel egg, saying "This is my first partner. Her name is Rodney. Well, no. She's not necessarily my first pokemon. Technically this egg is." Darin had continued to introduce himself as Darin, and shown Caleb his sneasel egg.

Caleb cracked a grin, saying "You sure have a thing for pokemon species that start with an "S," don't you. Any who, I'm Caleb, and as I addressed him earlier, this is Indolent." Caleb subconsciously scratched the top of Indolent's neck as he did when ever he introduced the pokemon. "No egg for me."

Caleb purposely ignored Whitney as she rattled of something about the dorms. His parents had already told him he was to stay at the dorms. That's why Caleb also had three pairs of clothes in his backpack. "Let's see, what did mom say about the dorms? Oh yes, now I remember "You are going to stay at the academy's dorms, where you can be under the tutelage of the great WHITNEY! And if they have dorms where you have a roommate, you are going to get a room mate and use those dorms," Caleb scowled as he remembered that argument, a wide hate full scowl. Though Caleb wouldn't mind having a room mate if they weren't Whitney lovers. He only had a problem with Whitney fans. Caleb's thoughts were interrupted as Indolent woke up and scrambled into Caleb's lap.

He winked as Indolent's sharp claws pressed against his legs, but then he had to stop himself from falling over laughing as Indolent started staring at Rodney and purring. Who knew zigzagoons could purr! Even more importantly, who knew Indolent had a thing for sentrets!

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
  • "I never thought about that," Darin answered, somewhat surprised at the realization that he did seem to have an alliteration trend happening with his current, or at least future, team. "That'll change when Rodney evolves, I suppose. But if this egg is a Sneasel I'm not going to let it evolve. I really don't like Weavile, they're so aggressive."

He offered Indolent a quick scratch behind the ear as a greeting, but respected that he may not want to be touched. His brother's Zigzagoon had been friendly, but there were always different temperaments. The eggs had proven that. Korbin's egg had been the first to hatch, and his Sneasel was the sweetest thing. She was loyal, but wouldn't hurt someone without due cause. But when Razor was born, no one was able to get near Fyora for weeks without risk of slashing claws. It had been an important lesson.

Darin tilted his head subconsciously, watching Indolent stare at Rodney. It took him a moment to figure out what was going through the coon's mind, but when he did he couldn't help but laugh. Rodney perked her ears up and looked at Indolent curiously, but didn't leave Darin's side. It seemed that she was a very shy creature in unfamiliar situations, and she preferred to stay close to him until she was more sure of herself. But Indolent intrigued her. She stretched out a little bit, sniffing the air near him to figure him out. She knew he was a Zigzagoon, like the first Pokemon she had ever fought against under Darin's instruction. But this was a different one, an unfamiliar one. She wasn't at all sure how she felt about this.

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • "Hm, well...what shall we do Apollo?" Kaya questioned. Apollo could only manage a blank look as he scanned the other trainers and their pokemon.

Hm. Well I guess I should get to know everybody, huh? Let's start with...her!

Kaya's eyes were fixed on a girl, who seemed to be having fun talking to her Doduo.

(Hurry up) "はやく, Apollo! Let's go and introduce ourselves!" she whispered as she started to walk over to the young trainer.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
  • EDIT: Dang! I hate it when someone posts while I'm writing my post. Oh well, both SkyNight's character and mine can talk to Kosh for now.

"Un!"

A sharp cry from Fusion alerted Bianca to the statements that Whitney was adding to her speech, and she drifted out of her spaced-out thoughts. As it turned out, Whitney was simply mentioning the dorm situation. No big deal there- Bianca already knew about all that. But, it was a good idea to find a roommate, or at least make some friends.

Bianca straightened up and looked around. A boy with a zigzagoon was talking with a boy who had a sentret and some kind of egg, but other then that no one seemed to be talking. It seemed like Bianca would need to find someone and get a conversation started. Once more, Bianca glanced at all of the teens in the area.

Standing nearby was a girl who was hugging two pokemon. No, not two, Bianca thought. Only a doduo- a two headed pokemon. Bianca had always found pokemon with multiple heads, bodies, or even brains to be fascinating. Perhaps this girl would make a good friend. Eager to get to know this new trainer, Bianca briskly walked over with Fusion still resting on her head.

"Hello," Bianca said to the girl with the doduo. "I figure it would be a good idea to get to know a few people, so I decided to say 'hi'. My name is Bianca. Oh, and by the way, that is a cool doduo you have. I've always been interested in pokemon with multiple heads."

In the short wait for a response, Bianca smiled. Hopefully this pleasent opening would bring up a bountiful friendship.

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • Sorry Jewel! T_T I feel bad now...but a three way conversation? Interesting...XD

"Gah!" Kaya gasped as she stared at the girl with a Doduo. Another girl, who had an Unown was talking to her.

Where did she come from!? Oh well, I might as well get to know both of them. Besides, we might turn out to be good friends!

Kaya continued her walk, eager to meet two trainers instead of one.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • Kosh looked up from hugging Pip and Kipper to find not just one, but two girls walking towards her-- the small black haired girl with the growlithe, and the other black haired girl with the odd hat. Kosh's mind went into overdrive for a moment-- an ambush!

Hey you, she thought, calm down. Make some friends darnit.

Kosh sighed loudly, turning for a moment to look at Pip, whose head was bobbing in a rather odd way. She brought her hand up to give him a pat, and he seemed to understand that she was telling him to calm down. Kipper was meanwhile sizing up the fire-type heading towards them, puffing out his chest a bit and clicking quietly.

Kosh turned back around with a smile to say hi to her new acquaintances. They were closer than she thought they'd be. Time really did pass quickly when she wasn't thinking straight.

The girl with the odd hat had gotten there first it seemed, and she spoke in a kind voice, relaxing Kosh immediately. She seemed very nice.

"Hello, I figure it would be a good idea to get to know a few people, so I decided to say 'hi'. My name is Bianca. Oh, and by the way, that is a cool doduo you have. I've always been interested in pokemon with multiple heads

"Oh! Multiple... heads..."

It took a minute for Kosh to understand the girl meant Pip and Kipper. With a giggle, Kosh explained herself, bringing her hands down to tug on the edge of her dress as she spoke.

"Oh gosh, I completely forget they are the same pokemon sometimes! They're completely different... um..."

Kosh wasn't quite sure what the word for it would be. Personalities? Pokemon? Heads? She was seriously flailing for words, so she tried to flip the subject.

"That's an odd hat you have there," she chirped with a genuinely nice smile. She didn't want to come off as sarcastic.

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • "Um...hi..." Kaya managed to say. "I thought your pokemon looked really cool, and um..." she mumbled.

Uwah! I should've thought of something to say! Kaya thought, desperatly thinking of a way to calm herself.

"Oh! Right!" she exclaimed. "I'm Kisatetsu Kaya, and this is my Growlithe, Apollo! Nice to meet you!" she said, looking down at her toes while her hands gripped the sides of her dress.

Apollo looked at the two pokemon. The Doduo seemed fine, but one of them shot him a challenging glance. Trying to ignore it, Apollo gazed at the Unown. It's unique shape left him perplexed, so he just stared calmly at it, trying to unravel its secret to the shape.

Kaya's eyed darted around and rested on the Doduo's intimidating head. As she noticed that it was looking at Apollo, she spoke, trying to defuse the time bomb.

"Um, you Doduo looks really strong. What's their names?"

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • Kosh was happy to hear the subject was being changed for her.

The second girl to have arrived in Kosh's zone said her name was Kaya. Kosh smiled, then saw the girl sneak a peek at Kipper. Kosh turned to look at him, and the smile momentarily vanished her eyes growing wide-- the birdbrain was practically glaring daggers at the growlithe!

"Well, this guy here is Kipper," she said, glancing to her right, half hissing and half barking the designated name in the hopes of snapping him out of his aggressive state. Her hand came up to turn his head to look at her, and her reward was a dull look of anger. She scowled at him-- he could be such a fearrow sometimes.

Turning to her left, she found Pip looking curiously at her, then to Kaya, and back at her. She smiled, before turning to face Kaya again.

"And the other guy is Pip. He's not nearly as... er..."

She stole another glance at Kipper, who'd gone back to glaring at Apollo.

"...cheeky as Kipper."

Last edited:

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • "Oh...haha," Kaya smiled,"well...it's nice to meet them both."

She sensed that her and the trainer were on the same wave length. The girl was really nice. Kaya knew that tomorrow was going to be fun already.

"Apollo! おいで! (Come here)" Kaya picked up Apollo off the ground and held him comfortably. "This is Apollo." she squeaked, eager to show the trainer her pokemon. "Would you like to pet him? His fur is really soft...well, I think it is." she giggled, snuggling up to Apollo.

"Oh, and if I may ask, what is your name?" Kaya gently questioned.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • "Oh dear!" she said suddenly, glancing back and forth between the two girls. "I can't believe I haven't told either of you my name yet."

She gave a deep curtsy, something she loved to do whilst in her dress. It made her feel extremely regal and princess-like, though she knew she looked silly doing it. Her hair fell down, and as she stood she flicked her head back, allowing it to fall messily in place behind her ribbon.

"My name is Kosh. I'm from right outside Goldenrod."

She reached out to pet Apollo, finding that he was indeed soft. Kipper's head came down to rest on her shoulder, and she could tell he was jealous. But the little fire dog was just so cute, Kosh couldn't stop running her fingers through his soft, bright fur.

"You aren't from around here are you? If you'd like, I could show you a great barber shop nearby, if he ever gets too warm or something with all this fur."

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • Apollo looked up at her, his mouth twitching at the sound of that word. Kaya laughed remembering their encounter underground earlier that day.

"Haha, maybe later, I think Apollo likes his fur this way." She grinned.

"Yeah, I'm from Ecruteak City. The scenery is so different compared to here..." she trailed off, thinking about her family. Apollo's tail broke her trance, and she continued talking.

"Um, Kosh, what do you mean by right outside Goldenrod? Do you live by the park that I passed by? It's really beautiful."

Back