• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whitney's Young Trainer Academy (PG-14 || SUs Closed)

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
Years
  • "Oh, you mean the National Park?" Kosh said, smiling. "No, that's the opposite direction, but Pip, Kipper and I go up there sometimes to fight dragons."

Kosh took her hand from Apollo to rest it on Pip's head. He bobbed happily, chirping. Kipper was still being moody, but it seemed he was calming down now that her hands were back on them.

"We actually live down near the daycare. My dad works at the radio station here, fixing machines, and my mom stays home and..."

tries to get me hitched 24/7.

Kosh trailed off, thinking that perhaps it was a bit early to start complaining about her mom's constant insistence on marriage to a near stranger.

"Ecruteak City eh?" Kosh's eyes suddenly grew very wide. She leaned in excitedly, clapping her hands.

"That's where the great, magical Ho-oh lived! And where he made the three legendary beasts!"

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • "Mhm!" Kaya nodded in excitement.

"Yeah! And legend says that they're deep in slumber, waiting for the right trainer to awaken them!" she gasped, lost for words.

"Where did you learn this from? I'm dying to know!" she inquired eager for her response.

Wait...didn't she say that she fought dragons too!? How is that even possible!? This person is so cool! Gah, there's so many questions I want to ask!

Apollo looked at one trainer to the other, lost in their excitement. His eyes darted to Pip and Kipper, and tilted his head in curiousity.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • "I learned from passing warriors," Kosh said with a grin, getting a bit too excited.

Pip was bobbing happily now too, and actually let out a subdued squawk.

"A few of the trainers that have passed through here were from Ecruteak, or had been there at least, and told us all about it!"

Kipper gave an eye roll that said, "Yes, we've heard about it many times."

"Trainers always want to visit Goldenrod," Kosh said, calming down a bit. "Especially the day care. Tell me, have you heard any other cool legends or stories? I'm addicted to that kind of stuff."

After saying this, Kosh snuck a peek at Bianca, who'd been rather quiet. The odd hat atop her head seemed to be moving, and Kosh was shocked to see the hat was breathing! That wasn't a hat at all-- it was a pokemon! But not one she'd ever seen before...

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • "Really?" gasped Kaya.

Maybe she's seen my brother!

"Have you seen a guy about this height, spiky hair, and wears a red jacket?" She said, moving her free hand to help the comparison.

Apollo glanced at her, as if to say "Do you really think he went through here? Even if he did, he'd be gone within a day."

Cyndaquasher

Kicker of upper thigh reigons
    Years
  • Joe was a little unsure of the exact arrangements, but he was glad that he wouldn't need to get here from Mahogany Town every day, what with the dorms and all. For now, his mission was to meet some new people, a fact that made him both excited and a little nervous, but at least it was the good kind of nervous!

Unfortunately, it seemed everyone had either paired, or trioed off into little groups. "Well, guess that means we gotta bring 'em to us Ai-ai!" he said as he coaxed the Aipom from his slumber. The two walked around the grounds, stopping occasionally to examine some shiny thing or appreciate some seemingly randomly-placed object. The two of them could tell that it was part of something bigger, but would the others? That'd be an ice breaker, Joe was sure of it.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
  • OOC: Wow, you guys really got busy with posting while I was offline. Time to get Bianca in there! BTW, don't feel bad Skynight. Sorry if I made it sound like I was mad at you. I wasn't ._.

IC: Just a moment after Bianca had begun speaking to the trainer with a doduo, another trainer arrived and pretty soon the two had erupted into conversation. They continued so fast that Bianca was blown away and left with no time to speak, but she was still able to pick up on what was being said and keep up with the conversation. Pretty soon, there was a short break and Bianca squeezed in some of her own thoughts.

"Wow, you two talk fast! I was spaced out there for a minute. But anyway, I've already introduced myself, so I guess I'll have to show you guys my pokemon, Fusion. Technically, Fusion doesn't have a gender, but I always call him a 'him' so you can too."

Upon hearing his name, the unown resting on Bianca's head straightened up and hovered down to the level of her chest. Fusion spun his body around to study the pokemon of the other trainers before ultimately deciding that it would be a good idea to meet them. The unown hovered up to the doduo and growlithe respectively and gave each one an echoing cry that seemed to be some sort of greeting. It appeared to Bianca that Fusion was going to get along just fine with these other pokemon.

"Ha ha, I think he likes your pokemon. That's all right Fusion, you can come back to me now." Seemingly relieved to hear that, Fusion floated back up onto Bianca's head and settled into a resting position.

"Now, what were you guys talking about again. Oh yeah! You wanted to hear about legends or stories and stuff, and you were wondering if she had seen that boy... got it. I personally haven't seen anyone like the guy you described, but as for legends, I've heard a few myths about the gaurdian of the Ilex forest. If I remember correctly, it is said to be an extremely rare pokemon called Celebi, there's even a shrine dedicated to it in the forest. Maybe we can see it on one of those missions Whitney was talking about."

Having gotten back into the conversation, Bianca looked around and wondered if she had been too random in interrupting the two at that time. For a moment she also wondered if she had been hogging the conversation. Bianca hoped that these two would become good friends.

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • *Note: Oh, haha ^^; It's ok Jewel, it's just that I've had that happen to me a lot, and I had to change my story so many times & I felt bad because you might've had to change some things to your post.*

Kaya smiled. The other trainer, Bianca, had a nice projection of voice. She felt a ping of jealousy, but brushed it off.

"Really? I've never been this far out of Ecruteak, so this is very new to me." she blushed, embarrassed that her level of knowledge was not up to par.

As the unown hovered near Apollo, he slowly leaned forward and sniffed it. Aware of his sudden action, Kaya pulled him back gently to her body.

"Oh, um...Bianca, where did you say you were from again?" Kaya cheekily asked.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • When Fusion had lifted off Bianca's hat, Kosh had immediately recognized it. She stood gaping at it for a moment while Kaya spoke.

"...where did you say you were from again?" Kaya asked Bianca in an odd tone, but Kosh barely heard her above the thoughts whoosing around in her head.

"I've seen that!" Kosh shouted out suddenly, pointing directly at Fusion and surprising both Kipper and Pip behind her. She glanced back at them as if to confirm her thoughts, before facing back towards Bianca and continuing on. "That's the thing we always see in the forest when we're fighting the water demons! So that would make you..."

Kosh's hands came up to her mouth in a small gasp.

"Bianca Royson! You're practically royalty!"

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
  • After Bianca had finished speaking, one of the other trainers, Kaya, asked where Bianca was from.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I never actually said where I'm from. I'm from Azaela town, just outside the Ilex forest." After stating that, Bianca realized how repetitive she had been with saying 'I'm from' twice in a row.

But that didn't matter now, because the second of the two, Kosh, was looking at Fusion, and curiously she seemed to recognize him. All of a sudden Kosh appeared to realize something huge and began to blurt things out. Kosh explained that she had seen Bianca training Fusion in the forest and knew her from there. She went on to say that she knew who Bianca was, as well as make a statement addressing her family's wealth.

"Um... yeah, my family is pretty rich, but I wouldn't call it 'practically royalty..." Bianca muttered sheepishly. It was both flattering and embarassing to be complimented like that.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • "Oh!" Kosh said, realizing she'd embarrassed Bianca.

A modest princess eh? Kosh thought to herself. How noble!

Kosh didn't want to upset Bianca any further, so she tried to recover herself. She stood straight (as is customary in the presence of royalty... at least in Kosh's odd kingdom-of-her-mind) and smiled.

"Sorry, it's just that you all are so well known around here. Especially you. Not many people have unown! They truly are rare."

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • Kaya stared at the two trainers in awe. Unlike her, they seem to know a lot about their birthplace and the world around them.

Interested in the conversation but not wanting to be rude, Kaya stood silent, taking in their words.

I need to get out more... she noted to herself.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • Sarah continued petting Princess, but after a while, she sighed. Clearly nobody was going to approach and take the first step for her. She stood up and took a look around, eyes almost immediately catching on a boy and an aipom examining something shiny on the ground. Was it ... treasure? She couldn't imagine anything truly valuable would just be lying around, but if it wasn't something cool, why would they be looking at it?

"C'mon Princess," she muttered to the nidoran beside her, and the two of them trotted over to where the boy and his aipom were standing.

For a moment she had no idea what to say, how to start a conversation with a brand new stranger, and totally froze up. But the moment passed quickly, and she decided to just treat them like she treated the other people she knew.

"Hey," she said, kind of brusquely. "What're you looking at?"

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    OOC// A lot has happened during my absence. Sorry about it BTW, revision and all that.

James sat still, bored. The next mission would happen tomorrow. That meant a day of getting to know people. He wasn't very good at getting to know people. That had been left to other people. James looked at Ninji who was now scrambling around the ground, scratching at the dirt. James watched Ninji for a moment. Earlier in his life, James would have sat there and made notes, preparing the weekly letter to Prof. Elm. Now, it seemed that making friends would be helpful. A letter can be written later on.

James got to his feet and surveyed the students. There were two girls standing next to a Doduo and its trainer. Further away was an annoyed looking boy with a zigzagoon talking to a another boy. Further away, in a different direction, was a boy with his aipom talking to a girl with a nidoran. James looked down at Ninji. The pokemon would follow if it wanted to.

James walked slowly toward the girls around the Doduo. Ninji looked at him. He paused and then followed quickly. The nincada caught James' leg as it came down and scuttled up it and onto his back. James stopped and pulled the backpack off his back. Ninji was clinging to it. "You want in?" He asked, opening the bag. Ninji scuttled in and rolled up among the objects. James closed the bag and started walking toward the girls again.

James walked to the edge of the conversation and hung around for a minute. He wasn't the most confident person when it came to discussions. This meant he wanted nothing more than to walk away but that wouldn't help him. Another moment of deliberation and then he walked into the group. "Hello." He said, wishing he was somewhere else.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • [[OOC: Look at me! Pip and Kipper are making me friends all over the place! lol]]

The group was getting along rather well. Kosh was happy about having made friends so fast. She didn't notice, what with all the talk about royalty, Ho-oh, unown and all, when the blond haired boy stood up from the against the wall and walked over. It wasn't until he spoke that she even realized he was there.

"Hello," he said, giving off a seriously nervous aura. Kosh smiled at him, before remembering something very important she'd meant to convey to the boy.

"Did you know that you have demons in your backpack?" she whispered urgently, not wanting to alert or give her position away to said demons.

Behind her, Pip and Kipper leaned in on either side, wary of anything that could bring any harm to their friend. Three sets of eyes were now focused on James, and the two avian heads let out little clicking chirps of curiosity.

Last edited:

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
  • OOC: Okay, I have bad news and... uh... well I guess I just have bad news. My character is going to have to be silent for a while as I will be leaving on vacation and will not be able to get online until Tuesday night. Really sorry for the inconvinience. Oh, and if you need to you can go ahead and bunny Bianca, I don't mind.

P.S. I'm reading The Taming of the Shrew in language arts class and I realized how similar my Bianca is to the Bianca in Shakespeare's story. Great minds think alike I guess... wait, did I just compliment myself? Oh well.

IC: Bianca was about to respond to the comment made about her being famous and having an unown when a third trainer, this one a boy, walked up to the group. He greeted the three girls with a 'hello' that sounded pretty unenthusiastic to Bianca, possibly nervous even, but who was she to judge. Whatever this new trainer was feeling, meeting him would give Bianca another chance to make friends. But first she had to know who he was.Having been to distracted to hear Kosh whisper something about demons, Bianca gave the boy her own greeting.

"Hello, I'm Bianca, and, I guess these two can introduce themselves." Bianca gestured toward Kosh and Kaya. "Anyway, what is your name? Care to introduce yourself?"

Cyndaquasher

Kicker of upper thigh reigons
    Years
  • Joe nearly dropped the shiny thing that he was looking at when Sarah walked over. "Oh, this? I think it's a candy wrapper that someone tossed away. It's a shame really, with a little cleaning up, this could be really reflective," Joe said as he put his relatively large backpack on the ground and pulled out a small, unassuming wooden box.

"Okay, right in the shiny box it goes my friend!" Joe said as he quickly opened the box, dropped in the wrapper and closed it again. After carefully placing it back in his bag, he stood up and extended a hand to the newcomer.

"By the way, I'm Joe and this is Ai-ai. Who're you?" Joe asked with a smile, which was mirrored almost perfectly by Ai-ai, who had already begun looking at Princess with excitement.

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    James gave a little grin at the girl with the Doduo. Demons indeed. It wasn't his fault that Ninji liked the inside of his bag. "That's Ninji, he's a nincada." He explain, pulling the bag off his back gently. He opened it slowly and carefully, making sure not to disturb the pokemon inside. Ninji was curled up, one of James' sandwiches half eaten in front of him, sleeping. James rolled his eyes. "He always eats my sandwiches."

He looked over to Bianca. "I'm James, budding pokemon professor and previous helper of Prof. Elm. Ninji is his nincada," He paused for a moment. "Well, Ninji started out being his but grew attatched to my sandwiches and so I carry him around now." He stopped speaking, feeling a bit embarassed. 'Making friends had to be good right? That must be why he wasn't very good at it'. That phrase didn't sit right in his mind and so James just pushed it off to one side for it to be forgotten.

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • "Really? Then you must make good sandwiches. I"ll have to try one sometime." Kaya piped up. As she looked at the boy, Kaya couldn't help but notice that she was the last person to talk to him.

"Hello. My name is Kaya. Nice to meet you." She smiled.

"So, I heard that you're an aspiring Professor. What's it like?" She questioned, eager for his answer. At the same time, she slowly put Apollo down, tired from holding him. Apollo quietly trotted around the area, but still stayed within earshot of his trainer.

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • Darin seemed to never have realized the coincident with his pokemon's species. Caleb than pondered on Darin's comment about Weavile being too aggressive, before saying "Don't judge a pokemon by its species. I once met this old lady's eevee who almost bit my hand off for trying to pet it. I was five, and what five year-old can resist a 'dowgy' with big eyes." Caleb smiled, generally slipping into a nicer attitude.

Rodney stretched out tentatively to sniff the new pokemon in the form of Indolent, but Indolent through himself forward, in an attempt to affectionately nuzzle Rodney. Caleb again had to hold in laughter at this bold movement, whispering to Darin "Are you going to take the role of protective father and show Indolent all your deadly power tools." It was an obvious joke but Caleb couldn't resist.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Caleb seemed to be relaxing considerably. That was good, Darin liked it when people began to feel comfortable around him. "Eevee are ornery little monsters," he commented. "I've never liked one. My brother has a Vaporeon, and it's just the sweetest thing. Come to think of it, my other brother has an Umbreon, too. I like both of them. But Eevee are just so spoiled. Me, I want a Flareon."

Darin eyed Indolent carefully but didn't react yet. Rodney didn't seem bothered by him. On the contrary, she seemed curious, but nervous about being so close to a Pokemon she had never met before. She was actually very shy, it appeared. Before Darin had assumed that she was fairly outgoing, considering how well she interacted with Korbin's Coon. Maybe it was that she liked him back?

"Not yet," Darin said slowly. "But if he starts putting the creeper moves on her I might have to get all scary dad and start cleaning my gun. Not to shoot him with, mind. I could never hurt a living thing."

Back