• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Do You Play as in Brawl?

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Let's see, I've only played my friends game (until tomorrow). But My top 5 are:

1.Falco
    2.Meta Knight
    3.Wolf
    4.Bowser
    5.Fox or Lucario

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Well, lately I've only been playing Brawl with other people over wi-fi, and we always do the "Random Character" option, to be fair; so I'm not really sure who I'd be best with. Although, the few times we don't do random I usually play as Ike, I seem to do alright with him. XD

Last edited:

~Kitti

*hearts* Sephiroth
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2008
    I could've sworn I posted in this thread yesterday... Oh well; =>.<=

Marth - He's not as strong as Ike, but when it comes to speed he's got Ike beat. He focuses on finesse while Ike is better with power. Marth's Final Smash is awesome because there's a 97% chance of an instant KO; no matter how low you're opponent's damage is... He's pretty too.. <3

Ike - Is the powerhouse of the two. Although he's in the heavyweight class, he's the faster of them. Slow, yes. Powerful, yes. I like his Final Smash because it looks devastating, even though it isn't. I mean if you have your opponent's damage at a high percent, yeah it'll finish them off! ^^

Toon Link - He's cute; it's as simple as that. Although he is faster than the normal Link, he's a lot lighter making him in the lightweight class. He's also a bottom tier when it comes to KOing him. I like his little eyes, they're so cute too! >///<

Well, I've ranted enough, so yeah.. ><

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
    my main 3 are proabably fox as my best, then pikachu, then sonic. im huge on speed, and absolutely suck with power.

Even better than I was with Roy. Still mad they left him out, but kept Game & Suck.
    I think i know why. if they were gonna have two character from a game, and they had to pick between two clones, and they made a new power person, their gonna chose the speed character to equal it out. would kinda unbalance things if all the characters playable from fire emblem were really strong. and lol, game & suck. I think they would take him out, but people who actualy play as it (ie people who are questioning their character and are confused about what is good) would be dissapointed.

Last edited:
    Years
    Wow, I know I just posted earlier.

Anyway, back on topic. My main character is Olimar, mainly because I actually know how to use him. I also play almost all the other characters, excluding Kirby and Snake.

~Kitti

*hearts* Sephiroth
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2008
    I think i know why. if they were gonna have two character from a game, and they had to pick between two clones, and they made a new power person, their gonna chose the speed character to equal it out. would kinda unbalance things if all the characters playable from fire emblem were really strong. and lol, game & suck. I think they would take him out, but people who actualy play as it (ie people who are questioning their character and are confused about what is good) would be dissapointed.

Actually, no.

I'm a nerd that has to much time..

Roy's data is in Brawl, but due to the time restrictions he was unfinished. So they left his data on the game, but never completed him.. ><

Still makes me sad that he wasn't completed. I'd rather have Roy than that dang Jigglypuff... ><

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
    Actually, no.

I'm a nerd that has to much time..

Roy's data is in Brawl, but due to the time restrictions he was unfinished. So they left his data on the game, but never completed him.. ><

Still makes me sad that he wasn't completed. I'd rather have Roy than that dang Jigglypuff... ><
    Well, guess i learn something new every day =p. And what time restrictions? they extended the game for like, 5 months. im cant see why they didnt decide to delay it a bit more XD. I still never really liked any of the sword people anyway; even link, though i do love the zelda games. i just suck as them, lol.
    but again as i said, i cant see them taking out a character. imagine if -insert favorite character here- was taken out of the game? It would kinda suck to anyone who used the jiggles (as me and my friend call her) if she(?) was just taken out of the game. The only real excuse for taking out characters are clones. would have been uber-pointless to bring back Dr.mario and Pichu with the fact that their gameplay was way too similar to Mario and Pikachu. As you can see, thats why i would assume thats why they took out Roy.
    and dont worry, ima nerd too. just more of a pc-techno nerd than a gamer nerd (but i still play games a lot).

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My main in all the Smash Bros games has always been Pikachu. I find it was made a little too slow in Brawl, though, so I've shifted from it a bit. I still kick ass with Pika, but I've started using other characters too.

Aside from Pikachu, I mostly use Toon Link. He's quick and his attacks aren't too shabby. Not as great as Link's, but I think the speed boost outweighs that by a mile. Not to mention he's adorable to boot. He's slowly becoming my main.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I'm rubbish with all of them but i play as Pickachu as it is one of may fav Pokémon, so.. yeah.

~Kitti

*hearts* Sephiroth
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2008
    Well, guess i learn something new every day =p. And what time restrictions? they extended the game for like, 5 months. im cant see why they didnt decide to delay it a bit more XD. I still never really liked any of the sword people anyway; even link, though i do love the zelda games. i just suck as them, lol.
    but again as i said, i cant see them taking out a character. imagine if -insert favorite character here- was taken out of the game? It would kinda suck to anyone who used the jiggles (as me and my friend call her) if she(?) was just taken out of the game. The only real excuse for taking out characters are clones. would have been uber-pointless to bring back Dr.mario and Pichu with the fact that their gameplay was way too similar to Mario and Pikachu. As you can see, thats why i would assume thats why they took out Roy.
    and dont worry, ima nerd too. just more of a pc-techno nerd than a gamer nerd (but i still play games a lot).

Well, I guess because of the translations and such; I'm not 100% positive though..

Well, if you look at Ike and Roy you can see small similarities.

For example, look at Roy's Flare Blade and Ike's Eruption. Both weild heavier swords
    than Marth's Falchion. I mean, you look at Ike and then Marth; who's got the better build.

Ike's sword, Ragnell, is a double-handed sword, but as you can see, Ike holds it with one hand. Also, Ike and Roy are similar in power and speed too..

However, this is just my opinion, but the only downside to playing Ike is his attack execution. His attacks, if you want to deal maximun damage take time to charge. I play as Marth more because he's cute about finesse! ^^;

Gawd... I'm a nerd! =>.<=

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Metaknight and Lucario are my main brawlers. I don't have the game or system yet, but I spend too much time playing with friends. xD;

Back