• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you think Ash's father is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinder the Chao

Wobbuffet pwns!
Years
  • *burns hole in topic, steps in* Well...I think it'd be Gio, but BROCK(OLLI) is a far better candidate! Think about it!
    *cutscene*
    Brock: Ash....I AM YOUR FATHER!
    Ash: OH NOOOOOOO!
    *end that cutscene* And their hair is similar...so Brock=Ash's father! *walks off*

Splat

Deleted
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2005
    That's the stupidest theory yet =/ And their hair isn't that similar. Ash's dad needs to be someone with black hair.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Brock's dad Flint has black hair, no?

Ehehehe, oh the possibilities...

Despite all my fooling around, I still say it's Giovanni though :P

Vappy

I r Teh Leet
    Years
  • Didn't one of the voice over actors for the show say something about it being revealed in one of the future movies?

Splat

Deleted
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2005
    Someone said in the 3rd (? or something) movie commentary that we'd find out more info on who Ash's dad is in the 5th season. And we got nada. :\

Duke R

Member #1950
    Years
  • Well, here's what I really think:

Around ten years after what happened in the 4th movie, Samuel Oak became a great Pok?mon researcher. Mrs. Boss, leader of Team Rocket, had this information, and made Samuel think she were a good woman. Samuel was in love with her and went to Viridian with her. Samuel was helping her with the Team Rocket technology but don't knew that he was doing evil things. They had a son, called Giovanni. After Giovanni's birth, Mrs. Boss wanted to give him to an orphanate, but Samuel got the child and runned off. He finally found a place called Pallet Town and lived there all his life. When Giovanni just grew, he met Delia and the two had a relationship, where Ash born. But after that, Mrs. Boss was too sick and almost dying (sp?), so, she said that if Giovanni didn't come to control the Team Rocket, she would kill his son. Giovanni had to go to Viridian and Delia had to tell Ash that his father was just a trainer trying to became the best Pok?mon trainer, what made Ash try to be the best too, since he was a baby. Meanwhile, in Viridian City, Team Rocket caught a Ho-oH. Giovanni asked for the god of the skyes to protect his son, for all his life. After some time, Giovanni was becoming evil, he met a Rocket, had a daughter called Daisy and a son called Gary. Giovanni wanted to leave his sons somewhere, and let them in Pallet, to live with his father. After around twelve years, he called for Gary to leader the Viridian City Gym, because he went to some kind of training somewhere.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • This is Impossible *Summon's Family List that Dizzy Made up*

Okay let's see, Giovanni is Koga's Brother... Sabrina is Giovanni's Niece...Janine is Koga's Daughter...

Giovanni
    Koga (Brother)
    Sabrina (Niece)
    Janine (Niece)
    Lt. Surge (Partner

...That had nothing to do with anything XD

DING DING DING! Koga is Gary's Father :O

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • And whre the heck did oyu get all those connections form? That's more rediculous than Mrs. Ketchum having an affair with Prof. oak!

I just realized something. since she's a mrs. , it means she married. And since the last name is ketchum, the dad must be a ketchum. because frankly you're trying too hard to make it someone you know and are throwing in all these rediculous ideas to try to make it fit. And so to surmise, Ash's dad could only be someon who's last name is ketchum, hterefore not oak, and and must be a loving man, which Giovanni is most certainly not. Ash's dad could only be someone we have yet to see.

Splat

Deleted
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2005
    Ash's dad could only be someon who's last name is ketchum, hterefore not oak
    Um, that's what an affair is, dearie. You're not married. You don't tell anyone about your secret relationship. She could be lying for all we know. She goes along with people calling her Mrs., when Ketchum could be her maiden name.
    and and must be a loving man, which Giovanni is most certainly not
    Why must he be loving? He's obviously never around Ash, so he sounds somewhat neglectful to me...

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • 1. The makers of teh show wouldn't make something as complicated or as tender a topic as an affair. The would let it stay within teh bounds of a safe and normal relationship.

2. For Giovanni to marry someone, he has to be a loving person. For Giovanni to help "Make" ash, he would ahve to be a loving person, especially if he married her. But it's obvious he's not, therefore it's obvious he didn't.

Look, this has already been solved. It's some unknown guy.Why do you keep making excuses? :\

Splat

Deleted
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2005
    I do not think Professor Oak or Giovanni is Ash's dad. I do like the idea of Eldershipping, though.

2. For Giovanni to marry someone, he has to be a loving person.
    Money, sex, boredom, infatuation...do you honestly think love is the reason everyone gets married?

For Giovanni to help "Make" ash, he would ahve to be a loving person, especially if he married her. But it's obvious he's not, therefore it's obvious he didn't.
    One word: Unplanned pregnancy.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Even if Giovanni was that kinda person, you can't seriously expect Mrs. Ketchum to be that kind of person. and it's not like she got duped into it, she isn't stupid.She oculd have only made Ash with someone seh loved and knew loved her back. So that basically clinches the fact that giovanni can't be teh dad.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Who knows if Delia loved Giovanni years ago? Even if Ash had been their love child, it doesn't mean that they would have stayed in love...I'm sure Delia would have been horrified and left him when she discovered about his Team Rocket connections.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Like I said, delia is not stupid. She can read people jsut like ash can. She wouldn't ahve gone near Giovanni. She wouldn't ahve to be told, she could tell Giovanni was nothing but bad news.

At anyrate, Giovanni is more concerned with taking over the worlds than making love. And Giovanni is a static character, meaning he doesn't change at all and has never changed. He was never out for love and never will be. yet another reason why it can't be giovanni.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2006
    Maybe ash doesn`t have a Father...

If he does, they will should tell us who us who it is later when pokemon ends,If pokemon ends...

Our suspects:

Giovanni(Some reason..)
    Some random guy who`ll Probaly pop-up some time during the series
    Some other pe0pleyou guys talked abut..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back