• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen who got pokerus..

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I spread it a lot, I've a lot of still spreadable ones in my PC, and my teams all got stable ones that can't be transferred.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I had never even heard of it until my friend got in in SS. It was like an hour into the game too lol.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    I got pokerus from that one time in the orange islands with that chick who uses ice type pokemon.... Get yourself checked out! Its a PTD (pokemon transmitted disease)

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2022
    My Magmar and Togekiss recently contracted Pokerus around 120 hours in. Funny enough, Magmar got it at level 96, so it seems a little late for it to produce an abundant effect.

On the random note of shinys: I have a shiny Zubat (soon to be Crobat).

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I haven't gotten it in HGSS yet. But I got it in Platinum, so I'll just trade it over later. In Platinum a Nidoran (male) of mine was born with it.

I also got it in Emerald without trading but I didn't know about it at the time and it was cured before I found out.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    I have never gotten Pokerus before..

but, how can it be classified as a virus if it actually does good to your Pokemon?

It's just kinda weird for me.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I have a lot of Pokérus-infected Pokémon in my PC Boxes on my Diamond game, so if I ever need it I just transfer them over to infect my party, then put them back in a box. :]

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I'v got Pokerus, twice. Although i got it from Diamond and Platinum. Regardless, I've only met shiny Pokemon once while i got Pokerus twice.

halamence

Horror...
    Years
    I've got it five times at SoulSilver <.<
    My friends also have got PokeRus a pair of times.
    Shiny 1 too 4600 something
    PokeRus at any game except SS and HG 36,13% I think at SS and HG the chance was boosted by 16%
    It's not that rare actually.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    No, Rus is way more rare than shinies. It'd be way easier to walk through the grass for shinies.

Chance for shinies: 1/8192
    Chance for pokerus: 1/65536

I got these from serebii.
    after gen II they upped the chances for pokérus

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    I have never had it in HG/SS but I did catch a shiny Donphan in HG near where you fight Red.
    I did however get Pokerus in Platinum after you talk to the professor in the second town (I've completely forgotten the name :O) Dawn had just told me to go back and tell my mum that I'm going on a journey so I went to the Pokemon Center to heal up and Nurse Joy told me I had Pokerus, Sweet!

uskelly

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • MN
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    It's easiest just to get it from a trade since most trainers use it =) Then just spread it around you pokes by doing 2+ Battles =)

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    Ive got 120 hours and i've never gotten a pokerus... T.T and thats just ss! god knows what my total play time of pokemon is...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Managed to get it as far back as Pokemon Gold and have gotten it in every game since Platinum. :)

Now I just need Heart Gold and I'm set. ;3

Back