• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who Still Plays the Classic Versions?

Silent_Storm

"Let It Be, Let It Be"
Years
  • Here's my story: I got Yellow when I was a kid. I didn't know what to do. I lost it, then found it. And now I'm playing it again so I can actually get far in the game. Also, when I first played Yellow, I couldn't find out how to get past the old guy laying on the ground. xD

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • I have Silver but can't play it because the internal battery has died...Never got a chance to really play it. I bought it off a friend with a Gameboy Color. Oh well..

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Funny this should pop up actually, 'cos I found my Silver the other day (with it's 8-year old game, 'cos I never start new ones) and found that the file save had been corrupted. No doubt it was all that work with the old ActionReplay :) So I started it again, and I'm playing it now.

Out of the first generation, I would say I liked Yellow the best (don't hate me!!) because there were significant improvements over Red and Blue, and you had the added bonus of a Pikachu following you around (awwww! ^^)

The second generation... I would probably go for Crystal... I've always liked it best out of the others for some reason. I suppose this means I tend to like the special editions of things... well, maybe not. I always preferred Ruby and Sapphire to Emerald with it's botched bag system. :D

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
  • i recently played gold to do a mono type challenge with all fire pokemon. It was fun and brought back so many memories as i played through. I really like how fast the battling was back in those versions.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Just to sort out the timelines and which game is which from Generation I:
    Red (Ja) and Green (Ja) both have different graphics than our versions.
    Then Came Blue. Same graphics as the English Version. I believe it had the same exclusive Pokémon from Green.
    Then Came Red and Blue english. Red was a version of the Japanese Blue with Red (Ja)'s exclusive Pokémon. The Blue Version... was just an english translation of Blue (Ja) Version.

Years
  • Silver was, and still is, actually, my favorite game of the series. I was so upset when I came home from school two or so years ago to find that its battery had died, so I managed to switch its battery and started a new file. The Johto region and Pokemon are my favorite. And I love playing Red sometimes to mess around with Missingno glitches and stuff, heheh.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2008
    I play good old Silver. But i just had to give it back, so now I'm playing FireRed. D:

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2008
    I love the Gold, Silver, Crystal series! They were the best! I still play them every once and a while!

Dusclord

Ganon killer
    Years
  • Personnaly I think that all pokémon gamer often like especially their first pokémon game, indeed it's the game with which they've grown up and which made them discover pokémon.
    But although I started with pokémon Gold version, I prefer pokémon Crystal (perhaps because Suicune was my first legendary caught), but it's almost the same game anyway.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Man, if my DS could play the old versions, I so would. Unfortunatly, my old gameboy is a brick and requires batteries to play... which, lollingly, I don't have. But, G/S/C has to have the best storyline out of handheld games and most variety; I was crushed when I learned you couldn't travel Kanto or Johto!

But yeah, I would if I could. =D

Evee_

Josh, dad found your Scootaaa
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2008
    Hi there :D
    i still play the first generations, to me they are the best!

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Sadly, I lost my only yellow version, and my blue version is so horribly glitched up that any respectful video gamer would gouge his eyes out looking at it.
    I still play Crystal from time to time, but I'd barely call that "one of the classics".

Red/Green/Blue/Yellow, the ones that started it all...

HackerGod

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • I can NEVER STOP playing Pokemon Crystal!But I remember Pokemon Blue Version...My bro gave it to me,had to get a new battery,though,cause the Save File...BUT THE CLASSIC GAMES ARE THE BEST!

Back