• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who Still Plays the Classic Versions?

Sevre90210

insert title here <----
Years
  • I simply can't play R/B/Y anymore, the graphics make me cringe. I completed Gold again yesterday, it's fun but over too quickly. Really once I got Ampharos , Ho-Oh and a Feraligatr with Icy Wind and nevermeltice to lvl 42 nothing was a challenge. Obviously I didn't go for Red with those levels though. I'll post a video of me taking apart the Elite Four in 6 minutes on Youtube for you guys ^^

Also why remake the Kanto games when you could redo Johto? It'd be awesome to have err ShinySilver or ClearCrystal (working titles^^)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    The oldest game I have is Crystal. I still play it though. It's fun. I recently restarted my game. I'm in Ecruateak City.

Years
  • I lost both my Yellow and Crystal versions (yeah, imagine that =P), so the ones I mostly re-play are my Red, Blue, and Silver versions. I still have my Gold version as well, but the battery died, and I haven't figured out what I'm going to do with it. That's why I'm still a little hesitant on buying a new Gold and Crystal version; I looked on Amazon to see how much it would cost, and the used-versions are a good deal, but I don't want to buy something that isn't going to save. =P

Karmarsi

The Blue Ice fox
    Years
  • I still play classics, espicially my yellow version, I still have the special Pikachu gameboy to go with it ^^. It was the first game I ever got and I still love it :3 I also play Blue and Crystal often

Champio30

Pokemon: Team Alpha's Revenge
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2014
    i still play Gold/Silver, because it was the best version of pokemon ever. Besides platinum

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    Yes. I've given up the handheld scene and moved to ROMs for stability (come on now, my Gold battery is dying again), but occasionally, I'll pull out my old Gameboy Color and play Pokemon Yellow on it. It's funny, as between my two brothers and my sister, we own every canon version in America except Crystal. I need to get my hands on that...

But, anyways. I've found an N64 emulator that emulates the Transfer Pack with any ROM of my choice. So, I can play Pokemon Stadium 1/2 with my ROMs. I'm pretty much set for the next forever. I'm looking into one of the flashcarts so I can be portable again, or even a laptop, but until then, I'll be having good times on Gold. Boy oh boy, I wish I could play it just one more time on the GBC though.

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
  • Yes, on my Crystal and Gold mostly if I do. Shame you cant put GBC games into the DS though, but I still have my SP. I love Gold, it's like the defining Pokemon game that every Pokemon has played on and loved it. Red's close to that.

People who don't like the classic games for their graphics are disgraceful. But you do think it is is a bit bad when you put them in the original GameBoys. Suprisingly the graphics get worse!

mrpwnageisme

I am teh smexyest
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 26, 2008
    well personally i dont play them cause my bro just sold my gba for 200$ so i guess ill be buying another gameboy sp
    YELLOW NUMBER 1!
    i love the story of yellow it's the best game ever in my opionc

Years
  • I have a yellow rom on my computer that I play very rarely when I feel like it but I play gold for my hack. I love the GBA colours and retro style of Gold thats one reason why I chose to make a hack of it and another reason would be that there are enough tools to actually hack it well!

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    I do and in my opinion, the graphics don't define the game

That´s totally true.. like the original SuperMario, it´s still awesome..Yeah, sometimes I return to old Kanto and old Johto.. that nostalgia is priceless..

MasterZman

The Shadow...
    Years
  • I have a lot of games

i have RBY GSC thats all of the classic games oh i have Pokemon Stadiom1 and 2
    Pokemon snap um thats all the classic Pokemon Games i have.

Years
  • i play silver right now. the internal battery hasn't run dry *luckily* but i play in my mobile phone,coz its convenient and i can play anytime :P
    i'm on a quest to find shinies right now coz in my previous games i haven't caught anyone >.<
    but i can't seem to find anyone *__*

Back