• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who Still Plays the Classic Versions?

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
  • The internal battery in my Silver version has run dry so I can't play that anymore :( However, I do enjoy dusting off the old Blue version for some nostalgic gameplay every now and again!

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • I have Yellow since I was like 7. It's fun to do the Missingno. cheat...it's like the only one besides R/B where you don't have to use a GameShark. I have Silver, too. Johto was definitely the most fun of the regions, I've played Emerald and Ruby too many times to like Hoenn too much anymore. Though the Battle Frontier is a great challenge.

I Action-Replayed tonz of Rare Candies and Master Balls, so I'll never run out. I don't want to lose them so either I'll get an Action Replay for myself (my BF gave me one to use but I ended up sending it back when I was done and never seeing him again), or I'll continue what I'm doing (I'm on Master Rank in Smart Contest, my last one...I've got all the other paintings...and doing the Battle Frontier).

GO SILVA.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • Has anyone attempted the Mew Glitch in RB (I'm not sure if it works in Yellow). I've done it in either my Red or Blue, can't remember which. Funny how easy it is to get a Mew!

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • I play them for the glitches like the mew one because I'm making a hack of fr and needed to get missingno.s weight so I can put it in the pokedex

2muchfury

Im Back!!
    Years
  • pokemon blue is reeaallyy fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like red tooo lol lol lol lol lol lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    I do! Gold was my first pokemon game I've played, and I will never stop playing it.

IcyByte

Just Call Me Icy
    Years
  • ;-; This makes me sad.. If only I still had my silver.. I can't find it.... So I play Shiny Gold! And you should too..

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2017
    I still play the classics... They are unique. I even have an original Game Boy Pocket and Yellow Version. Got all 150 +1 Pokemon without gameshark.

Crystal was amazing too, best game out there i say.

As for the other ones... i dont know, somethings missing from them.

@Mr.Pokemon:
    It's exactly the same for Red and blue. If you want to pm me and i can scan a list of variables for Pokemon.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • I lost my Gold, my Crystal never saves properly (at least I still have it), and I also lost my Yellow Dx

I miss all three to bits. Now, my Advance is sentenced to live in my memory box *sigh*

To Transparency: I agree with you 100% (Except the whole getting all the Pokemon part xD I was too impatient. I kept restarting it out of sheer boredom and poor attention span xD)

Years
  • Like you, I've never cared about the graphics at all, the gameplay is what really matters. I still play Crystal and Blue, they're my favorites:D

Minako

[O n d i n e]
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    I still play them and love them. :D I'm currently playing on new Blue and Crystal saves. Since the battery in my Gold and Silver cartridges died (and thus my save files died too) I was surprised to find that Crystal is working fine.

When you switch from playing Pearl on the DS to Crystal on a GBA, you do notice just how many of the newer conveniences the old games lack. But I'm especially affectionate for Johto since the first Pokemon game I ever played was Gold. I'd give a lung to see it remade...but I like the GBC games just fine too. The Pokemon and trainer sprites are still endearing to me, too, so I never got why people treat the graphics as so inferior now. They have that cute oekaki look, you know? :3

Years
  • I still play Blue and Japanese Green every now and then. I haven't played yellow or red for about 6 months. I played alot of Crystal too up until I got PMD2, lol. I have one copy of Gold that has a repaired Internal Battery and it the save feature still functions but don't play it. My silvers are wrecked though. I have like 4 or 5 carts of each game from blue and red to silver gold and crystal. I worked at a thrift store earlier this year and was buying all the pokemon games and toys for fifty cents each lol.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • for the past couple years whenever I was feeling nostalgic for old pokemon rather than digging my gameboy original and looking for batteries I'd just play Pokemon leaf green and never really found my gameplay desuire satisfied; but ever since getting pokemon blue to work on my cellphone I've realized that the original games have a certain quaintness on the GB that the graphics of GBA games and beyond have not been able to copy.

That being said, I am also playing Pokemon Silver, emulated (I own original copies of both blue and silver so I don't think emulating them is a bad think), but I've had the same game running for maybe half a year and slowly working through it again- really like it but it's such a massive game.

Also I find in addition to fullfilling feelings of nostalgia of my childhood they kind've feel like new games because when I was younger I generally stuck to one basic party shape (Blastoise, Mewtwo, Raichu. Ninetails, Pigeot and Nidoqueen - all with uber attacks) but now I've been changing the party dynamics and using more strategy and choose Charmander as my starter which I have never done before; no offense to charmander I just REALLY like Bulbasaur and Squirtle (who made the first gym easy!)

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    About the first ever pokemon game:

Green and Blue were infact the first games made in japan in 1996.

Red version was special edition, and only purchased through mail-order.

TTH

Got leaf stone?
    Years
  • I still play my blue and my gold. I got both on the first day they came out. XD. I am just a classics fan I guess! Nothing makes me smile more then catching an oddish that looks grainy like it did back in the day...*nostalgia*

Ah...

KJ

Focus!
    Years
  • i actually just finished beating red in 4 days last week, and am currently playing crystal and just got my 8th badge, i really love to play the old games. just brings back memories

Back