• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who was your starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2014
    Chimchar, every time. It was easier to get through the game during replays with him. <3

Kninj

Collector Extraordinaire!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 19, 2012
    I've played with both Piplup and Chimchar on my diamond file. I think i preferred Piplup, although to be honest i didn't really like any of them xD
    when i get my 3DS i'll be getting Platinum, so then I think i'll play through with Turtwig :)

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • PIPLUP
    Male <- ONLY MALES ALLOWED IN MY TEAMS... I always save outside the lake to assure this.
    No Nicknames, originality is the key.

Pancake86

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2012
    When I first got Pearl, I chose Turtwig. I had two friends at the time of the Diamond and Pearl release. One was gonna choose Chimchar and the other was gonna choose Piplup, so I had to choose Turtwig. Then I discovered wi-fi and Mickey my Turtwig got sent off to wi-fi space. o_O; My two friends and I got separated due to unforseen circumstances as well. So I restatrted the game a million times over...and over, and now I have the full dex and will never restart again. The end. Dumb story huh. But if I were to do it all over i'd choose piplup. Don't know why? *shurg* Empleon is a cool Pokemon I guess.

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    My starter was Twiggy my Turtwig, now a Torterra.
    I always start out with the grass type starter on my first run of any new generation game, and Torterra is awesome so I haven't restarted.. yet :D

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    My starter was Piplup. I thought the other two were ugly so I didn't want them, not that it mattered because Piplup got ugly after it evolved anyway lol

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2011
    I chose Piplup.

I always picked Water, in every generation, except 2nd gen.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    I first chose chimchar but then i noticed the suprising lack of super cool water pokemon and over abundance of awesome fighting pokemon in the 4gen so i changed it to piplup and got me a houndour (trade), luxray, lucario and togekiss. yay

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • in diamond it was piplup...pearl was chimchar and plat was turtwig. i try to use each starter once tho i restarted my plat multiple times just because i like replaying it

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Turtwig, because Torterra does pretty good in all the stats I like.

Years
  • I chose Chimchar in my games, because there isn't really a decent fire types in my opinion. I goofed on Platinum because I wanted a Turtwig first but decided to go along with it since this was my first play through on Platinum.

Shinjiaoki94

Punk Leader
    Years
  • I chose Piplup, 'cuz it's for HM slave :P
    Main team with Staraptor, Gardevoir, Rotom Mow, Floatzel and Rapidash

The Ice Type

HUGE Girlpowershipper <3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    When I started my Platinum game, I picked Turtwig. It does have great defense and can take quite a bit. Though now I have all three starters and I have to say Piplup should've been my choice instead.

On the other hand, I'm glad I bred my sister's Pokemon on my game because now I have a female Empoleon, which is quite rare according to Serebii :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back