• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who will be your starter pokemon?

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Since I already own them(The Japanese versions), I will tell do what I picked. In my HG, I picked Cyndaquil. In my SS, I picked Chikorita.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Chikorita because it's SO cute. (and also because there's some fire and water types I'd rather have on my team)

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2010
    i'd have totodile ^^ he's good against the first two gym leaders and he can learn ice moves for the last gym leader

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    im goin to start with chikorita, and then trade my dragon dance totodile, and crush claw arial ace cyndaquil... then trade the other 4 pokemon i breeded (5 depending if i decide to not use cyndequil)

TheSolcity

Beginning Scripter
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 27, 2012
    Cyndaquil, do you think the old duplicating glitch still works? O.O

Dewblue

The one who Divides by Zero
    Years
  • I will probably take Totodile in SoulSilver and Cyndaquil in HeartGold, since I'm getting both of the games, why tou ask......4 teh 1u1z

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Well, in opinion I believe that as of the area, Gym, and native Pokemon, Cyndaquil is in technicallity, the best choice. Chikorita, although definetely stronger later on, is NOT good for the beginning of the game. The first 2 gyms are it's weakness, and it does not level up easily. Now I've always picked the Cliche yet nostalgic Cyndaquil, but recently I've been taking a liking to Totodile, and honestly I don't know why. Maybe it's just his always happy, reptillian appearance, but I do like him. Now my plan was that once I got the new game, I would trade off 2 of each starter to my friend, who would then trade them back to me. The last starter I would get would be Totodile. This would not only show my emphasis for my newfound love of Totodile, but it would also mean that I could use Cyndaquil on the Rival's Pokemon.

Anyways that is my opinion. Now I've always thought that Cyndaquil is good for Gold (It reminds me of the warmth of a beating heart), and Totodile is good for Silver (He reminds me of the icy, yet cool feel of Steel).

Also I heard about a few new routes opening up!

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • I'll be picking Cyndaquil, just as I did in the original Silver, in my version of SoulSilver.
    I just love him, and his evolution Quilava, to death. Not to mention my love of fire types in general.

Back