• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Who would have Won..?

Who Would've Won..?

• Total voters

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Now this one's for all those who have played Emerald. We all know the story, that there once waged a battle between Kyogre and Groudon in order to dominate the Earth. We also know the end that Rayquaza came to stop this battle (if he hadn't we wouldn't be here voting and posting! lol) Now my question is who would've won this battle if Rayquaza hadn't stopped them, who would've won? PS - Basically, Kyogre is of the water type so he has an advantage over the ground typed Groudon. But Groudon has a secret weapon too, Solarbeam! (its a level up move for him ,so a wild Groudon will learn Solarbeam) and combine that with his ability Drought (continuous sunnyday) he came rapidly fire Solarbeams! So that makes it a very tough fight.

I think Kyogre would've won coz he's got the water type STAB (same type attack bonus) against a Groudon of the ground type. Besides, Kyogre's Special Attack is very high comapered to the sp.def of Groudon!

That makes Kyogre the winner!

Besides, Kyogre was winning after all...cause we can still see the effects, there's 71% of water compared to just 29% of land, on the surface of the Earth! ( xD )

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Yeh I think Kyorge would have won because he gets the STAB and has the type advantage

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • Me Too Kyogre would win Because even it's Ground Type
    Water is still Powerful >3 Look at the Resistance in Marriland *giggles*
    But Miltank will Pawn them All Okies? *winks* >3
    Kawaii~

-Yasumin >3 Your Sweet Friend ^_^

Translator

I want a blog.
    Years
  • I think Kyogre will win. Based on the scene in Pokemon Emerald, Kyogre would've surely won if Rayquaza didn't arrive. Since they were battling in the middle of the water at Sootopolis City and Kyogre was in the water while Groudon was standing in a piece of land.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • Your Right it's like The Land will be gone if Kyogre use Tsunami xD *giggles*
    Haha funny >3 *laughs*

-Yasumin >3 Your Sweet Friend ^_^

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Actually, it totally depends on whose ability came second. If Drizzle came after Drought, then Kyogre would win since it can OHKO Groudon with a STAB Surf. If Drought came after Drizzle, the attack power of Water moves are cut in half and then it would come down to which Pokemon is faster. Since they have the same base Spd of 90, it is basically a coin toss. If Groudon attacks first, it wins since its STAB Earthquake (which does more damage than Solarbeam) would 2HKO Kyogre.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Groudon would obviously evaporate Kyogre's water and then take the battle to soil. Groudon uses its ARMS to make some Kyogre kabobs.

EDIT: Sootopolis is a CRATER. Underneath the pool is a bunch of GROUND. Groudon is the one with the real field advantage here.

richdevildog559

My XBL GTag: X Factr559
    Years
  • Actually, it totally depends on whose ability came second. If Drizzle came after Drought, then Kyogre would win since it can OHKO Groudon with a STAB Surf. If Drought came after Drizzle, the attack power of Water moves are cut in half and then it would come down to which Pokemon is faster. Since they have the same base Spd of 90, it is basically a coin toss. If Groudon attacks first, it wins since its STAB Earthquake (which does more damage than Solarbeam) would 2HKO Kyogre.

i actually agree with this. cause it would come down to who came second. so in order for this to be really determined...Rayquaza needs to sit somewhere on the side lines and have his air lock ability active.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • To be honest, both would neutralize each other, as 'land and water are suppose to be equally balance to create harmony'.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I pretty sure that the legend is that they're absolutely even, they're absolulty even in strength so they'd keep battling forever unless they destroyed the world or a meteor hit or something.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Obviously we can't know for definite but I'm thinking Kyogre with the obvious type advantage and the fact the world is more water than land. xD Just an opinion.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I think it's foolish to think of it from a game point of view. Still, Kyogre would dominate due to its type advantage.

Khadhar

Life just handed you lemons
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2010
    Wasn't the whole reason they were put to sleep in the first place BECAUSE they kept battling without a victor?

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Probably Kyorge. I would sincerly hope Groudon, just because he is the awesomeness.

*Use fissure cough cough*

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    thank god rayquaza came and saved groudons life...
    yh kyroge would of won.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    I disagree with the solarbeam idea, as Groudon has garbage sp.atk and Kyogre has (in this case) blissey-like sp.def.

Seeing as you are forced to wake up Groudon before even seeing aqua steal the submarine, one could try to assume that kyogre came into battle second, so Kyogre would have won probably... Unless the fight between the 2 is just like a Wobbuffet match with both having leftovers :P

Back