• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's strongest: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, or Mananphy?

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
Years
  • Well, to say the least all of them are extremely powerful, otherwise they wouldn't be considered to be legends in the first place. So, I think that they're equally powerful. Not just by their appearances in all the movies but the stat distribution in the games leads me to believe that they're all equal except for their unique typing and ability.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2007
    Well yes Mew can learn all the TMs and probally would win,but without the TMs I think Jirachi would win.

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2010
    Well yes Mew can learn all the TMs and probally would win,but without the TMs I think Jirachi would win.

I agree with you absolutely. They all have the same bases, but Mew is only better because he can learn every TM IMO. Without them, I believe Jirachi has the best typing of them all with Steel/Psychic and Doom Desire, which is a pretty good move.

WaveBurst

Its Our Velocity
    Years
  • I think Mew edges it because of the TM thing but in terms of the Anime and Movies, they are all the same

Obelisk

Toad Sage
    Years
  • I think Jirachi is hes got really nice stats and i agree with red gyarados in that if mew couldnt learn all tm's he would lose

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Aww, they're all cute <3
    But I'd pick Celebi, just because it's an awesome Johto~

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I figure Mew would win, if they were all to fight eachother.
    Because it seems like its naturally more powerful, and because it can learn all the TMs.

To me, the others don't seem as strong as Mew.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Well, techinically if somebody wished to Jirachi for it to beat the others, it would since it grants wishes and all. But normally, I'd say Mew as well, just because it can know all the TM's.

Animehero

Elite PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • I didn't mean game wise. I meant anime wise. There's no TM's in the anime. They just learn moves naturally as if it was in it's moveset. Take May's Eevee for example.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy all have equal stats, so in terms of best moveset variety, Mew is obviously the choice variable Pokemon. Of course, each has their own exclusive moves, so it all boils down to nature, EVs, and your own preferences.

As for the anime, well, I just plain hate the anime since it's just hundreds of episodes of filler. As with the game, it all depends on experience in battle.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Mew can transform, and in anime world it can even transorm without need to seen/battle again the real one.I support mew. If this based on that all 100 stat, sheimi/shaymin should be included IMO

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • If we're on an "anime-wise" scale, Mew wins... think someone else puts it best: transform into anything. The only way Mew can lose in the anime is because of its lack of willingness to really attack. in the 5th movie, it didn't do jack in terms of attacking or anything that resembles constructive help, and in the 1st one, it starts attacking back at Mewtwo after being struck (which gives it a major disadvantage if it's only going to attack after it realizes that it's in a tough spot, huh?)

Game wise, 1vs1, Manaphi or Mew wins... Manaphi got Heart Swap to mess over any attempts at Calm Mind, or it can go on the offensive with Tail Glow to mess over anything. Surf with ice beam against Celebi handles everything darn well. The only bad thing is that Manaphi got no Recovery or Wish.

Mew got every TM, and is the only one who can physically attack, but it got bad STAB moves... all the others resist Psychic besides Manaphy. But, boltbeam with calm mind and recover is simple yet effective...

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    arceus
    celebi
    jirachi |
    mew |-the same overall-
    mananphy|

in that order. and i'll show you their max stats:

celebi
    HP:404
    AT:339
    DEF:339