• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why did you join PokéCommunity?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    After becoming interested in Pokemon again (through YouTube) I wanted to talk about Pokemon. So I put in "Pokemon forum" in Google and this site came up first...so I joined. After a few months someone said something mean to me so I left for about 6 months XD But after getting bored of Serebii I decided to come back

Years
    I used to be/technically still am an SPPf member, but these forums are much better in every way. The people are more friendly, there are more features, and the forum is faster. But the real reason I joined was to get at the hacks and the tools. ^_^

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I got bored from Serebii one day and found a smexy little forum called the PokeCommunity. I didn't hesitate to join. :>
    Oh yeah, that was when SerebiiForums were as slow as hell to load. Then I saw aragornbird as a Moderator and I just haaaaad to join.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    *revives thread*

To tell you all the truth... I've been here since 2005! *dramatic music* I have an old account I no longer use (because of all my stupid posts about the Pokemon sites I made which lasted less than a month and I no longer wanted them). So the last thing I did was ask my name to be changed to pkmntrainer2005 (I was so serious about one site I had my username changed to Goldrenrod News *fail*) and post about the Deoxys event (I said I would get Deoxys when I went to get Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, I lied - I got it the weekend before).

I can't remember why I joined the first time. I've been a member of SPPf since 2004 (but I've only checked up and posted a few times since... *checks* 2007) so I could've heard about from a member. There are some things that I annoy me about the Serebii main site and forums (the main site has/had grammar problems and the forums can be slow) but PokeCommunity isn't perfect (*cough*Database Errors*cough*) but it is still an awesome place so much better than Serebii (the only thing I find Serebii good for is its awesome PokeDex).

Second time - as I said, I didn't like my first account's posts and when I was getting the username changed I didn't want it to have an awesome name (like Mr. Pokemon!) so I chose something dumb, pkmntrainer2005. I was also impatient, so I signed up again. :(

But! I've never used my account(s) to troll, vote twice, etc. So I don't think I've broken any rules (I sure hope not!).

Years
    I joined because I was banned on serebii for having a signature that only said "hi." Literally. Their reason was:

"You have been banned for:

You cannot just have one word in your signature. It has to have more than that or nothing at all.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

And I had no warnings or infractions before that so I said screw SPPF and met Mr.PC. x3

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    Hm...well, back when I registered, it was because of the Pokemon Special scans and information, mostly. I've had several runs since I first registered when I would post for a while, and then loose interest. Other than the scans, pixel art and OVP are my main attractions here -- I love pixels and discussions. I used to also hang out at the oekeki, but my laptop hates the place, so it isn't worth it for me to try and post there. :(

PC's quite different from my usual haunts, so that may be the reason it's hard for me to stay all that active for long periods of time. I remember chatting up with several members here and enjoying it, and I feel bad when I end up just wandering off, so I'm really making an effort to actually stay put this time.

(And maybe even get my sister to join again -- I got her here once or twice before, so maybe I'll get lucky again and drag her over.)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    A little bit after I got back into my Pokemon Fandom, I wanted to be on Pokemon Forums like I always used to go on. I first found these other forums, and I went there. My friend and I then spoke on Pokemon Forums, and she said here. So I came here, and ended up going here more than the other forums, and she did quite the opposite. XD

Still, I'm glad she told me about this place. :3 As many more Pokemon Special fans than at the other forums~ |D

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I joined because I was banned on serebii for having a signature that only said "hi." Literally. Their reason was:

"You have been banned for:

You cannot just have one word in your signature. It has to have more than that or nothing at all.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

And I had no warnings or infractions before that so I said screw SPPF and met Mr.PC. x3

Best way to get banned, ever.

I found PC when Raikazu and a very inactive member named Kiwi Kitty pestered me to.
    And I had been planning to join PC a few months back.

Roy G. Biv

KHAAAAAN!
    Years
    I was actually a member of Pe2k long before I had even heard of this place. An unforseeably occurence forced me to leave there for an extended period of time and when I returned it was a different site.

Searching for a perfect forum to call home, I stumbled upon our own humble Pokecommunity. The rest...*cue dramatic guitar riff*
    Is history.

Quite epic, no?

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Well, I originally joined PC back in Dec. 2004. I remember finding a link to this old Trainer Card thread [which no longer exists] through Serebii forums. So I joined due to my huge obsession for Pokemon back in the days...

Neco-Arc Chaos

Haruhi Slayer
    Years
    A simple impulse is what drove me to join. I have no real reasons for joining in all honesty. No one led me here, nor was I told of this place's existance, I simply found it interesting and, lo and behold, here I am now.

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
    SG made me join but i mostly stayed bcuz of the friends i made,the "other"forums and more

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I needed help on a RMT.

So i decided i would join, post then leave. But i got stuck into it and realized that this is a great community so why not stay?

So i did xD

Saruboy

Closet pokemon fan
    Years
    It's actually kind of funny why I joined. I haven't joined an online community since '99, because the most communities had people that just killed it for me.

At any rate, I actually joined just because I wanted to find out an answer to something Pokemon-related, and the search engine turned up this. Well, I couldn't get the answer unless i was a member, so I said, "screw it, I ain't got anything better to do". So it comes down to that; and it's a good way to kill off some time on my ship, when I can't see my fiance because I'm working.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    A year since I joined, and I can't even remember why...

What I DO remember was that I was looking for Forums to do Battles and trades on Wi-Fi after I just got my Pearl, and first, I came across PE2K first. Then, I found the link to PokéComunity in someone's sig, and ended up here! And am I glad I did! =)

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    My Story is a little funny.

I Was looking up some Pokemon ROM hacks. and it lead me to a thread on this very forum Called "Pokemon Dark Future"

At that time, the hack was for Download as a ROM format. so I got it as a Guest before the mods deleted it.

But when i tried to download an Attachment, it wouldn't let me. So i created an account.

So, I basically just joined to download ROM hacks! XD

So that's the story of HOW i found PC and WHY i joined in one post!

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    I've joined another Pokemon forum before, but never remembered the site. I wanted to talk about Pokemon for a while, so I joined xD

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
    at first it was cuz of Shiny Gold(like alot of people)
    but what made me stay is how members here are different from the forums i've been

Back