• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

why do we cuss on the internet?

Years
  • If you believe in teh bible, none of these words were considered "bad" until someone gave them a bad meaning. Example: As_s = Donkey, Da_mn = To Smite and He_ll = Place where bad people go.

Dignity

[~As I lay dying~]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    Well, first of all, the farmers made most of the words, and a rich corporate person said "Ooh. Those are bad. Don't use those words! =D". So. They aren't really bad. But seeing a farmer invented them, we use them when we are at a loss for words, or when we really don't have a BIG vocabulary. Me, I cuss when I'm out a lot, because I'm just so tired to think of other words, and "gosh darn it!" just doesn't do it for meh. X3;

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
  • I don't really care about others' cussing. I admit I have slipped a few times IRL, only once or twice online. As my mom would say, you're a product of your environment. If most people you hang around cuss, you're much more likely to do so yourself. Which probably explains my tendency to slip sometimes.

But if I'm really not in the mood to see others' pottymouthing (or typing), I simply try to ignore it. Still, I clearly see that often that's much easier said than done. Therefore I remain neutral. ...Except in the case of little kids.

Wow, I said a lot. This has to be my longest post in a good while. XD

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Dignity said:
    Well, first of all, the farmers made most of the words, and a rich corporate person said "Ooh. Those are bad. Don't use those words! =D". So. They aren't really bad. But seeing a farmer invented them, we use them when we are at a loss for words, or when we really don't have a BIG vocabulary. Me, I cuss when I'm out a lot, because I'm just so tired to think of other words, and "gosh darn it!" just doesn't do it for meh. X3;

Where did you hear that Farmers made those words up?

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    I dunno why those meanies swear. Just so you know, I have never ever ever sworn, in my life. IT's just plain wrong X(

Years
  • Chiru-chan said:
    If I'm around people that I know don't like cursing, I don't curse. That's just common courtesy. However, if I'm around good friends or people I know don't care, I don't really bother watching my language. I really don't see a problem with using the words myself though. They're just words.

I completely agree. As long as you don't cuss excessively, it's completely ok with me. As for myself I've made a habit of it, being around my family and all, but I don't cuss around people that I know have a problem with it.

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
  • I enjoy to swear myslef but not just swear I swear in spanish.. that way not so many people can say anything about it... *smiles* Me entienes? Hijo de puto me entiendes?... see you don't care.. do you?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    I never swear unless I put themin *** But sovery rare and that happens when I get so mad I'm going to kill somenody

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • I swear because it's just how I talk. I don't swear too much but sometimes I'll jokingly call people things that start with a b just to liven up a conversation lol.

Back