• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do you like your favourite Pokemon?

Vagabond Aeon

The Last In Line
Years
  • Xatu - My favorite Pokemon. At first the only reason I liked Xatu was because of it's type (Psychic/Flying), it's 4x Fighting resist and because it looked cool. However, now that I've started to get more into the game and no longer attempt to use it competitively, I started to think about why I liked it so much. And I finally decided on why - It's ability to see into the past and future, it's sleek and thoughtful look, and the fact that it makes a decent UU Pokemon. Plus it meshes with my RP character's personality. Awesome Pokemon. Needs more love ;_;

Venusaur: My favorite Kanto Pokemon (alongside Kabutops and Rhydon). Sleep Powder + Leech Seed combo = secks. AND IT LOOKS AWESOME. VULVASORE FOR HEAD OF DEPARTMENT OF AWESOMENESS

Scizor: RED CLAWED MANTIS OF DEATH W00T (favorite Johto Pokemon alongside Xatu, Misdreavus and Ursaring)

Altaria: This Pokemon screams c00lness. Awesome look, awesome background...Too bad it's an UU poke, this thing has an awesome movepool to complement it. My favorite Hoenn poke, hands down. I wuv it... it's on my UU team, anyway v_v

Top ten:
    10. Misdreavus
    9. Ursaring
    8. Ninetales
    7. Kabutops
    6. Rhydon
    5. Gardevoir
    4. Altaria
    3. Venusaur
    2. Scizor
    1. Xatu

coco

Dancing in the Moonlight
    Years
  • I like Zigzagoon the most because it's just plain ADORABLE! it's got such cute ears and a huge tail. They're also helpful in the games because they use Pickup! Plus, it reminds me of squirrels and raccoons, which I'm also crazy about in real life.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
  • I may have already said this somewhere, but just in case I didn't...

Gardevoir: Gardevoir's so beautiful, in a way... It's Psychic-type (my favorite type), and I loved its performance in Sapphire. I thought it was cool how it could read emotions and create black holes...

Alakazam: I like it because it's the smartest Pokemon in the world, it's a Psychic-type (again), it did really well in Gold (Elemental punches!!!)... Plus, I like the way it gives weak-minded people headaches all the time... wish I could do that...

Ninetales: (Well duh, it's my username!) Ninetales is, in my book, the most mysterious Pokemon in the world--I loved its performance in the anime in Johto. What magic-dwelling nerd like me wouldn't love a fire fox with powers of illusion and was created by nine wizards? Think about it.

Misdreavus: Misdreavus is so cute!!! It was love at first sight in Stadium 2, and when I found it in Silver... I love the way it surprises people all the time, that little prankster! Of course, I'm also working on a fanfic including it, where it evolves and takes on a gothic personality, pretty much...

Banette: *looks around* Under-appreciated Pokemon, or am I just crazy? I think demented dolls are the coolest thing, and Banette is a perfect example. Who wouldn't love a thrown-away doll who constantly builds up dark energy, then sticks pins into itself while putting curses on random people? *looks around nervously* Uhhh... I... do...?

Also on my list are Dragonair, Seviper, Articuno, Hypno, Bellossom...

Vash26

Eon Crazy
    Years
    • Age 35
    • TN
    • Seen Mar 24, 2007
    Ninetales: She/he threw my eyes is a beautiful and kind-hearted pokemon, I also think its cool that she can understand human words.

Years
  • Well, Sandslash is my favourite.(Sandshrew gets tied in, and has the cuteness factor) I guess I started liking him most when he was my highest level Pokemon in Blue.(Thanks to heaps of stuff in the Elite four being weak against Dig) That was when he became my favourite, but then he's just been so much fun in the rest of the games as they came out, too. With Mud Slap and Rollout, he was heaps of fun! And he's still cool in RSE/FRLG. Rock Slide comes back, he gets some good fighting moves. He's excellent! Misdreavus or Natu nearly knocked him off at one stage, but their cuteness just wasn't enough. I even played through Crystal with just Sandshrew(aside from HMs) named Backslash. He even managed to beat Red on L84ish. ...Which was nice. Mud Slap, Earthquake, Rollout and Slash I think... Probably used the HM slaves for Revive turns, and I did have to use a Hyper potion each turn until Charizard's Flamethrowers ran out, but I did it.

They also look cool, but either way, I love them and always have!

Vkazuic

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    I have two, absol and mightyena. Why I like them? 3 words, because they're cool, lolz

~Moonlight_Shadow~

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2006
    Fav poke

My favorite pokemon would have to be a tie between cyndiquil and vulpix. They are both so UBER cute! Vulpix with the evolution to ninetails (my third favorite pokemon, it looks so cuddely, i want pokemon to be REAL), and cyndi because of his flame fur!

Shes a literal flaming queen.

Star6

PC'S Local Sci-Fi Geek
    Years
  • I love squirtle becuase he is powerfull for a little turle and he evolves in to blastoise. But also vert cute. I also love the sound of his voice on the tv show. Also water type as I have said many times before are my favourtie type.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Now this one is odd. I like Kyogre. How it started? Actually, it started when Kyogre scared the hell outta me in Sapphire. I got too close without saving, and it sent a chill down my spine. But for some reason, it immediately became my favourite. Weird.

Housyasei-san

lalala
    Years
  • I don't remember having a favorite in the RBYGSC days. Well maybe Kadabra and Quilava are the ones that come to mind, but thats about it.

But after a 2 years thinking Pokemon was dead, RS restarted my liking and now I'm obcessed with it. My first favorite was Marshtomp. How I was obcessed with it. It had such a cuteness that only a few other RS pokes had, but not as much as Marshy.

When that obcession dwindled down a bit (my obcessions last about 9-14 months each), came my next #1 favorite Pokemon, Gardevoir. Now where do I start? Well my obcessions are a bit extreme, and poor Garde wasn't an exception. Nearly every picture I came across, I saved to my harddrive. It was so beautiful from the start; it's still is #1 to this day.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I like Ampharos the best because it has one of the koolest looks of all the pokemon. It is kida like a giraffe but walks on two legs and has srtipes...and those red balls..one on its head an one on its tail are kool.

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
  • my fave is all the evoles of poliwag i like because i like water type and they seem strong to me.. and one day when i found a poliwag i loved it and i like poliwhirl's voice

Back