• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Why doesn't anybody like Hoenn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXI JOE IXx

Everywhere I go, youtube, school, even here sometimes people say hoenn was terrible... Why?! I absolutely loved it!

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    its just a odd region. the pokemon are there are just boring.

it wasnt as fun as the others

KingAlex

._.
    Years
    I agree, it was odd.... o.O

But not boring, I had Emerald though, never tried R/B, so maybe the other two were....?

ZestyCactus

From Bulbapedia
    Years
    I don't get why people hate the Hoenn games. The new Pokémon are WAY cooler than Gen II or Gen IV's and everything is so charming! It's so much fun to play and the contests DON'T suck. More people should like Gen III. :(

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    well on R/S there wasn't much to do after you beat the elite four except catch the regis

~Prodigy~

Dark Lord
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    I suppose they were the least favourite of my generations, mainly sprouting from the fact that while it used new features, it was content to stop after the E4. Someone's already said there's only the battle tower, Rayquaza (Or Groudon and Kyogre on Emerald), and the Regis. Of course, Emerals added the battle frontier, but it wasn't as fun as Sinnoh's frontier is.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I thought it was good and besides there wasn't anything to do after the E4 in GenI but people don't hate it and if you so it's different because it's the original than that's just pathetic,not that I didn't like Kanto but you can't only hate Hoenn for a reason that applies to another region.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    Honestly, when i first played Ruby, i got lost so many times... The part of the game with all the diving was so confusing... I doubt anyone else had trouble with it but it was incredibly hard for me to navigate the waters. I did like the Hoenn games just not as much as the previous games.

Cαndy

愛および運命
    Years
    Everyone has their own likes. And i know some of us likes or loves Hoenn as well. So don't worry!. ^.^

Pekachoo

LOLCATS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    I thought the story and stuff was okay
    but most of the pokemon were bad...
    also i totally missed the master ball because it was put in like team aqua's base.
    how was i supposed to know that?

Rinku

Is back for "REVENGENCE."
    Years
    Well, I'd say that the majority of people who dislike Hoenn just don't like the Pokemon. I think the region itself is okay, but the only thing that throws me off is, of course, the Pokemon.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    I personally loved Hoenn. Plus, it was the first region I have ever played (minus the Pokemon Stadium 1&2 Regions). Plus I am a Team Magma fan :D

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    Hoenn aint too bad

Yes Probably 40% of my my least favorite pokemon are 3rd generation pokemon but 50% of my favorite pokemon are 3rd generation pokemon also P.S Yes part of that 40% of 3rd generation pokemon I hate is torchic and yes Treeko is in my 50% of my favorite pokemon in hoenn and besides all the TV shows in the hoenn region were really good my favorite region for the pokemon TV show

Pocchama01

Dark and Psychic Type Trainer
    Years
    The pokemon were my favorite part about Hoenn. I liked about 90% of the pokemon in hoenn (as opposed to the ~10% of the Kanto pokemon and 85% of Johto pokemon that I liked) Plus, Pokemon ruby was the first video game I ever played and when I started I only knew about like 4 of the new pokemon. It was fun going through and seeing all the pokemon I never knew about :) I also thought the region was pretty cool. I do think there was just a little too much water, but I easily overlooked that because I was having too much fun to care about a few tentacool and wingull. At least the surfing speed was high enough to get you from Lillycove to Mossdeep in like a minute or two (even with the random encounters)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back