• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Pikachu???

Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Great Party!
    Years
    I'm probably such a pokedork because pokemon red version was the first game I ever liked. (I couldn't help that I didnt like tetris, I was 3!)

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
    they chose pikachu becasue they wanted to choose pikachu......i bet you guys will be asking the same questions if they picked a different one like mewtwo.....snorlax.....squirlte....CHARMENDER(should have been the mascot.)or butterfree...for real.

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    They chose pikachu because:

1. Cute factor, like everyone else said.
    2. Small, but powerful. Zapping Ash and everyone in Pallet Town in the first episode was quite amusing.
    3. Neutrality. Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle fans had to be taken in consideration.
    4. The producer's favorite color was yellow.
    5. They didn't expect Pokemon to be so popular or last this long. Otherwise, they would have given it much more thought.
    6. Mew was cut out of the game (cough Mew glith cough) and all, so they couldn't include him/her/it.
    7. If it was an Eevee, they might piss of Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon fans. (The others weren't made yet.)
    8. Pink clefairies aren't manly.
    9. Caterpies evolve into butterfrees. Again, not too manly.

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
    yup it could...and it can't be any starters since there popular and they will get mad if they didn't choose the one that they liked....remember ppl that there was only like 152(i think i forgot)different kind so they didnt have that many to choose from.

SilencedShooter

Revenga
    Years
    I was going to try to prove you guys wrong by mentioning that the only starter Ash caught in hoehn was Treecko, where as in kanto and johto he caught all three starters, but then I remembered Brock had Mudkip and May had Torchic. So I guess you're right. Pikachu is a neutral choice for Ash's starter. (unless you wanted him to start with Magnemite o.O)

Years
    Lady Nicole, wow...

u were able 2 do THAT at a talen tshow?

the most i could do is name em'

but still. pikachu isnt that strong, and would have 2 b at least 20 levels higher than any decent raichu in order 2 win in real life. *sigh*

he shoulda gotten an eevee, clefairy, or jigglypuff as a starter. mayb even a psyduck. (all of which would b A. super creepy, and B. Would make him very "power-puff girl like" expecially w/ jiggles. lol.

and BTW, mnmf, ash, in the end, owns a butterfry. so i guess hes NOT that manly after all.

Dymin

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    I bet Ash's Pikachu is beyond lv. 100 by now. XD

Pikachu2007

Free hugs for everyone!
    Years
    They chose pikachu because:

1. Cute factor, like everyone else said.
    2. Small, but powerful. Zapping Ash and everyone in Pallet Town in the first episode was quite amusing.
    3. Neutrality. Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle fans had to be taken in consideration.
    4. The producer's favorite color was yellow.
    5. They didn't expect Pokemon to be so popular or last this long. Otherwise, they would have given it much more thought.
    6. Mew was cut out of the game (cough Mew glith cough) and all, so they couldn't include him/her/it.
    7. If it was an Eevee, they might piss of Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon fans. (The others weren't made yet.)
    8. Pink clefairies aren't manly.
    9. Caterpies evolve into butterfrees. Again, not too manly.
    Good points there. After all, it's so CUTE!!!
    :):):):):):):)

Years
    my pikachu on fire red pwns all!!! u know why? i got him at a good nature raising his sp.atk ev training him and i did before the first gym {he was like 30 at that time] and he had a light ball. but they chose pikachu as the mascot because everyone loved him and he was evil in first ep. pikachu could be cot in everygame made in pokemon and extremly cute :3
    and powerful if raised properly. not a very good in game pokemon they faint easily... but nintindo can do what they want with the franciese... i guess...

Back