• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    Ok is this where I can post about, ok let me see how to put this, I got a new usb connector and can't get it to install, if this is the wrong place could some one post a link to the right spot? Thanks

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    I Need Help Please

Ok I posted this some where else with no luck in getting a reponse, so now I'll post it here in hopes of something.

I had a nintendo wi-fi usb connector, worked fine til it burnt up,
    The 1st one is what I had

Ok I bought another and thought it would do the same as that one, as described in the description.
    The 2nd is what I got.

Question, why can't I get the other one to work??
    I downloaded the driver that was sent with it, but when the icons are on the task bar it tells me I'm not connected.

Years
    It is probably like the Wifimax that has terrible driver problems, you could try searching for the latest drivers that may work for it and setting the settings required for it to work!

Years
    Looking for a bit of help with Wi-Fi

Well today i read if i hooked up my Ds to my desktop using a Usb Cable i could get Wi-Fi, i have a Wireless internet but nothing is happening when i connect it. Any help?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I'm pretty sure the only application that a USB cable would provide is a cord to go to a USB Car Charger. the port on the back of the DS is simply a Power port, not a communications port.

Years
    I see, well i have a Router that apparently gives Wireless internet, its a TP-Link but everytime i try to connect i get the picture shown on the last page

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Wi Fi Problems

I think this goes here, but any who. Think you can help? We just renewed our Internet Security-Firewall-Virus decter thing, and I haven't tried to go on wi-fi since then, but now that I want to I can't, even when I turn the firewall off like I used to when I wanted to connect it won't let me. I went into wifi settings on my DS and did a scan for my nintendo wifi usb stick and the pc just ignored me, any ideas on what I should do?

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    reinstall the usb software for a start, your new firewall may not trust it. Most FWs give you the option of trusting a piece of software when you install it, so you can make it a trusted program and hopefully a working one.

Years
    Do i need Router to make Ds WI-fi
    No you do not need a regular router to use Wi-Fi if you buy the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. However it has been discontinued because the manufacture of the technology was successfully sued by CSIRO.

My question is it possible to change the frequency that a router operates on so it dosen't confict with cordless phones without having to buy new phones. This is the main reason I don't own a wireless router.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I Cant Connect To Wi-Fi . is it becuz of my Wireless or what?

I Cant Connect To Wi-fi and thats So boring without Wi-Fi Battle.... it was a long time ago that i couldnt connect to Wi-Fi for playing Wi-Fi Games. and the Error that comes to me when i try to connect:
    (The access point,s security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS.)

thats the error. and my friend can connect to wi-f in his home with no errors. but when he try to connect in our home. the same error comes to him . i think becuz of the wireless that im using . can someone help me??

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    You should ask this in the Technology section. They'll end up with better answers than we will most of the time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    when i try to search for an access point. an error came out and says(the access point,s security settings are not Supported by the Nintendo DS) can someone help me??

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Well is there any sort of Data encryption which requires you to type in a pin to access the network? That may be what's causing your problems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back