• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
  • Error 86420, I presume?

How do you connect to WiFi? If you use the USB Connector, try to use the connector without the included extension cord. It's worked for me, oddly enough.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • My Wi-Fi is stuffed

xD Whenever i go on Wi-Fi it always says that my wireless router is stuffed. But it works just fine. Is this something wrong with my Wi-Fi or my Router? Please help as this is irritating me. because i want to get back on Wi-Fi and trade and stuff.

WeisseEdelweiss

Executor
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Feb 22, 2013
    Anyone Having Trouble With Nintendo WiFi?

Greetings all,

For the past few days I've been having a trouble doing anything wifi with my Pokemon Diamond.
    I have all 3 green bars lit up and connection is successful, but it stays frozen on trying to log me on.
    Is it my game or everyone else, too?
    Thank you all! ^^

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • My Wi-Fi is just plain old stuffed up. All bars are lite and everything. Then when i get on and i challenge someone or/and trade with someone it freezes. It is very annoying.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Sometimes I may have some problems simalar to you, but not often. This can happen because your router if your using one,may not be connected correctly and this could be the case,or if your using your computer with a usb cable plugged in sometimes it will not work correctly. Most likely causes usb cable not plugged in correctly,not connected to the internet on your pc,and wi-fi may be having some problems.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • There's already a thread for Wi-fi help, so off to it we go~

-Merged-

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Will a multiple selection of wifi dongles work other than the nintendo branded one? I'm after one but on a tight budget, and I've read in places that the nintendo one is quite awkward messing about with. Saying that I used to have a dongle and it was a right pain until I got used to it. Basically, can I get any dongle and set it up so itll work with my DS?

Also does it work with windows vista or do i need xp?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2010
    how do u get wifi?

i'm confused at how to get wifi xD could you guys help me? i have diamond and pearl.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    One question, have you ever played on wifi with another game on DS before?

Kryssi

I think I'm decomposing!
    Years
  • Well, my problem is that I've now had my DS for about 3 weeks, thus completing all of the standard Pokemon Pearl (only getting all obtainable legendaries, elite four and such) but now I've got my Pal Park... and I'd like to trade online with my Wi-Fi, as I don't have a game slot for advance games for my DS and I can't find any of my old games.

Anyway, the problem is, i've been trying to connect my DS to it's wi-fi for those 3 weeks that I've owned it. I've looked everywhere on nintendo's wi-fi internet page and nothing seems to help. I've tried to reset my router to get sufficient settings that I apparently need to connect up, but i can't seem to reset it and my mother has no idea where the router booklet that we have (NETGEAR), is. Now, the other day i tried to put in all of the correct settings for the IP, subnet mask, gateway and all that jazz... but it didn't work. So, another method I tried was using the search option to find what other portals I could use... but the ones it found were unsuitable and not in Nintendos list of security abled options. If you get me. So, I'm sitting here with a DS i can't use on wi-fi and i really would like all the 488+ pokemon :(

it's really frustrating as i no longer know how to obtain my primary and secondary DNS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back