• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
Years
  • Hey welcome to Pokecommunity. sorry but you posted this in the wrong place, If you want and help with your Hardware just post it in this thread.

I'm not sure how to help you, have you connected you wirless internet properly and is your router working?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • usually you when you first go into the downstairs of the Pokecenter, you will be given a pal pad for you friend codes however it's not until you actually go into the room and access wifi that you get your number. It should be a straight-forward process, being automatic in the pairing of the game with the DS and then accessing wifi. If you have a WEP password protecting your wireless router then you will have to set that up within your DS settings. (usually it's the third option when you go to continue your game, having the 'little DS with signal bars above' symbol)

mystery5556668

new account- Tyl3rP4r
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    help

does anyone know how to change the security setting on a wireless rouler?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • does the usb thingy work with macs?

as far as I know it only works with windows, however I just plugged it into m mac and in the system profiler is knows that its a Nintendo WiFi connector. whether or not I can connect with it, idk I use my regular router most of the time. (the software on the disc is windows, I know that though)

Raff

Strategy, user!
    Years
  • Zomg!

Ok, if anyone here is computer smart, this is where YOU come in. Does anyone know how to, fix a Wireless Router that keeps sending the wrong IP address? this is major because without it I DONT have WIFI! T_T

Plus, I am scheduled to do some battling and I can't because of this! so, all of your help I will thank for!

Last edited:

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • Ok, if anyone here is computer smart, this is where YOU come in. Does anyone know how to, fix a Wireless Router that keeps sending the wrong IP address? this is major because without it I DONT have WIFI! T_T

Plus, I am scheduled to do some battling and I can't because of this! so, all of your help I will thank for!
    What do you mean wrong IP address? I think IP addresses are supposed to change (not sure about the router ones though.) Wouldn't a wrong IP address only mess up your Wi-Fi if you set it up manually? I didn't need to setup anything except plug the plug the router in. If you setup the settings manually, try setting up your connection automatically. As in, let the computer find the IP address.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    so whens it gonna be possible to get the usb dongle to work on vista? i tried it the other day with no success, but i did get just as far as i did when i tried it on my pc with xp.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    will this work with any wifi dongle? because i dont have the nintendo one but i do have a wifi dongle which i got off the internet? so far it isnt letting me install the software, it keeps trying to find the nintendo ds dongle.

or do i need a different software for it?

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Blehhh, I hate asking for help, but I am completely baffled by this stupid iPod Touch. XD;

Okay, so...basically, I really want to get onto the Wi-Fi stuff and access PC, MSN, Myspace, etc. on my iPod Touch. The problem is that the networks available for me to use are all password encrypted. Now, I can't even tell if whatever this network is...is actually mine. But, it requires a password and I've been trying to figure out what it was for quite some time.

We never put a password onto the network or anything on the router, so...I've got no idea what to do for this. ;;

The only information I've been able to find is that I need a...WEP password or encryption key. D: I appreciate the help, so any and all help as to how to get my WEP password/encryption key, or whatever, will make me happy. :D

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Blehhh, I hate asking for help, but I am completely baffled by this stupid iPod Touch. XD;

Okay, so...basically, I really want to get onto the Wi-Fi stuff and access PC, MSN, Myspace, etc. on my iPod Touch. The problem is that the networks available for me to use are all password encrypted. Now, I can't even tell if whatever this network is...is actually mine. But, it requires a password and I've been trying to figure out what it was for quite some time.

We never put a password onto the network or anything on the router, so...I've got no idea what to do for this. ;;

The only information I've been able to find is that I need a...WEP password or encryption key. D: I appreciate the help, so any and all help as to how to get my WEP password/encryption key, or whatever, will make me happy. :D

Do you have administration access to the router, Klippy?

Or do you know the ssid? You can view available networks by accessing Settings - General - Network - Wifi.

Your not really going to figure out the WEP Passkey unless your sniffing packets. But I doubt your doing that, so, figure out the ssid and the administration credentials if you own the network. If not, and your just using someone else's network, I would probably suggest speaking with the administration to obtain the passkey.

If your network is hidden, obviously its not going to show up. You can always configure it yourself manually by selecting Other and entering your network credentials.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Do you have administration access to the router, Klippy?

Or do you know the ssid? You can view available networks by accessing Settings - General - Network - Wifi.

I should have admin. access. I don't see why I wouldn't, since it's my router and I set it up, etc. etc.

And..SSID? D: Never heard of that. Aaand, I have two available networks, hpsetup, which doesn't work, since it's for a printer. And OB2C6, which I believe could be mine. >:

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I should have admin. access. I don't see why I wouldn't, since it's my router and I set it up, etc. etc.

And..SSID? D: Never heard of that. Aaand, I have two available networks, hpsetup, which doesn't work, since it's for a printer. And OB2C6, which I believe could be mine. >:

Happen to know the manufacturer/model? Depending on the router, the administration url can differ.

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
  • Wifi won't work

I know this isn't really about DP but I had no idea where to post this.

So I was on Pearl last night and was about to use the GTS trading glitch to evolve my electabuzz but the message came up saying that the DS could not connect to any access points.(recently got new router and hadn't set up the DS for it)

The DS found the access point and I entered the WEP code but it came up with error 51300 and wouldn't connect.
    The WEP code is definitely correct because my Wii, my brother's PSP and the 2 PCs and 2 laptops in my house have the exact same settings and can connect to the internet without any problems.

Also, I tried turning off the WEP code on the router and the DS wifi worked fine, but this stopped everything else from connecting to the router and I want to keep the WEP code for security reasons.

Anyone know how I could possibly fix this?

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
  • Hey,

This is in the wrong place,mate =]
    It should be in the Offtopic/Computer section. Located as a sub-forum at the bottom board.

Cheers,
    -Neku Sakuraba

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back