• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manga

Manga Lover~
    Years
    Well,

I have AT&T Uverse Wireless Internet.

I try to set-up my Wi-Fi for the DS but it won't work. It says it isn't compatible. ANY ideas why?

Years
    Do you have a DS Lite? 'Cause that can't talk on a WPA protocol network, which is what most home routers are configured for (public ones are configured for WEP, usually, which a DS Lite can use). You would have to change to protocol to WEP or go to a public wireless place to connect.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Okay, this might turn out to be long. I have a WiFi Max router for a PC, and a DSi. I have two Mac computers and a PC connected to one network, and the router was connected to the PC. I'm sorry if this question will be vague, but right now the PC is not connected to the network, so I can't check exactly what the problem was right now.

The problem is when I had all of this hooked up, I tried to get the router working using the IP address of the computer. It gave me a message basically saying that it can't use an IP address connected to a network.

So is there a way around this? I tried turning off the firewall to see if that was the problem, though I think that's a bad idea. It didn't work anyway. Once again, sorry if this question is so vague.

Years
    Set your router's IP back to 192.168.0.1 or whatever it was before you changed it. Each device on a network has to have its own IP address, so your router and your PC cannot have the same IP address, since they are different devices. You want the router to be the x.x.x.1 static IP on the network, so that every device on the network can consistently find it. Your router is the device that gives each device its dynamic IP address (your entire home network appears as one computer to the outside world through technology your ISP uses to give you access).

Years
    Nintendo ds lite wi-fi setup error.

Hello. I'm trying to connect to my router? I went to Nintendo wfc settings then I clicked on Nintendo wi-fi connection settings. Then later I search for my router name. I found my router name and enter wep key. I think I found my wep key, but I'm not sure. Few minutes later I got an error code of 51000 or something like that. Can someone help me? Thanks a million. Sorry that I missed placed the post earlier.

This is an Nintendo ds lite. The game I'm trying to get internet connection is pokemon diamond. Please help.Thanks.

Years
    It's probably an issue of you using WPA for your security protocol, instead of WEP. You're options are: change it and apply MAC Address Filtering to compensate somewhat for the reduction in security level by switching to the older WEP protocol, get a DSi or DSi XL (because they both support WPA), or not connect at home and go to a nearby wireless hotspot instead (most McDonald's have WiFi now, as do a few other fast food restaurants).

Below is Nintendo's support page for that specific error, which is a little vague because they don't specify which information is system specific:

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/w...ystem=DS&locale=en_US&action2.x=0&action2.y=0

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    lol he might not be at technically advanced with computers as you, to many people it may say like jargon lol.... try the security i have often found that our modems can have to high security for the ds's the handle

Years
    lol he might not be at technically advanced with computers as you, to many people it may say like jargon lol.... try the security i have often found that our modems can have to high security for the ds's the handle

Well, they still have to know what it's called in the router, and most home routers use WPA security, which the original DS and DS Lite don't support. <== Which is what you said with less grammar mistakes (which are hard on the eyes). And you basically said what I said, with crappier grammar. I try to not treat people like they're computer illiterate (though it may not seem like it when I'm having someone troubleshoot something over the phone, though I do that because even the most skilled IT person can forget the simple things).

Trope

Protéger just au matin~Féerie!
    Years
    Kay. Error 86420. Help?

I can do everything on WiFi (GTS, accept MGs,...), except for trading with about 75% op the people I try to trade with in the WiFi Club. I've torn down my firewall, ported,... And it still gives me the friggin error.

Anyone who has any experience with it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    lag? crappy connection? lol security still not supported by ds? un reliable connection? other persons problem?

Trope

Protéger just au matin~Féerie!
    Years
    I'm still on WEP security. It doesn't work even if I'm sitting next to my router, or anywhere in range for that matter. I've never had any problems with lag before, so I doubt that's the reason.

-is getting desperate-

RosaSunglasses.

Final Fantasy XIII
    Years
    I got an Error on My DSi while i tried to connect online on Pokemon Heart Gold

"The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nitendo DS.For help, visit support.nitendo.com"

However i can connect to the Normal Internet App on My Dsi help would be very much appreciated.

and for your information i used to have a Shoddy Server were i had to port forward myRouter

Years
    I got an Error on My DSi while i tried to connect online on Pokemon Heart Gold

"The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nitendo DS.For help, visit support.nitendo.com"

However i can connect to the Normal Internet App on My Dsi help would be very much appreciated.

and for your information i used to have a Shoddy Server were i had to port forward myRouter

Like I said above (yes, candy cane forest elf is me), I don't think any of the Pokemon games have the capability to use anything more secure than WEP. D;

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 27, 2010
    I'm having the same problems are you guys.

The security(sp?) is not supported and even when i type the IP address and stuff in by hand it still doesn't work.

Can you still get the Nintendo USB stick thing in the UK? Would that work?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back