• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    "Please configure your connection settings under the Internet option in the System Settings. For help, visit support.nintendo.com"

This is the message I get everytime I try to access my Wi-Fi though "NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS" on my DSi.

I'm trying to get into the GTS and it isn't letting me.

Is this happening to nayone else or is this just me? And either way, how do I fix it?

P.S; I use the Nintendo W-Fi USB Connector and it's worked just fine in the past.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    That must of been the problem. It's working now. You're a life saver. :D

Years
  • Alright, heres the deal. I recently set up my wifi to go with my ds. however, I am having problems staying connected with people, and when I battle, and more recently, trade, I get error code 91010. Which nintendo says is a "friend Roster problem" the link to said problem is here...

(i cant post the link, i am not high enough rank, if your really interested, go to support.nintendo(dot)com)

so, any idea what i can do?

and yes, i did follow the instuctions given.

Years
  • Most of the time, I am literally 2 feet away from the router (the router being next to my home computer for a wired connection). I am also in ther next room over, where i get 2 to 3 bars of connection. But for some reason the problem fixed itself when I registered more Friend codes. Hmmm..... Thanks for the help anyway.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    Is it hopeless? Please help!

I'm trying to fix my nintendo DS to work with wifi. If you could help I will be forever grateful, and if I actually get my wifi to work I'll send you an item or something ;)
    SO
    I live in dorms where to wifi is locked. I have tried using the wifi in the public library and cafes, but since public places usually have a terms of service page where you have to 'accept' on a normal computer, my DS can't access the wifi. I get full bars, and then an error message when I actually try to connect. Is there any way around this? Does anybody know of places with publics wifi that don't have terms and conditions pages that screw up the DS?

I would buy an wifi usb connector in a heartbeat, but apparently they don't work with macs. Anybody know of ones that do?

Anybody have experience with this? Is there anything I can do, or am I doomed to be forever offline?
    Thanks!

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I'm trying to fix my nintendo DS to work with wifi. If you could help I will be forever grateful, and if I actually get my wifi to work I'll send you an item or something ;)
    SO
    I live in dorms where to wifi is locked. I have tried using the wifi in the public library and cafes, but since public places usually have a terms of service page where you have to 'accept' on a normal computer, my DS can't access the wifi. I get full bars, and then an error message when I actually try to connect. Is there any way around this? Does anybody know of places with publics wifi that don't have terms and conditions pages that screw up the DS?

I would buy an wifi usb connector in a heartbeat, but apparently they don't work with macs. Anybody know of ones that do?

Anybody have experience with this? Is there anything I can do, or am I doomed to be forever offline?
    Thanks!
    Just keep trying random places until you find a place that doesn't have the TOS, or upgrade to a DSi, they support WPA.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    Don't forget that the games cannot support WPA.

I think there might be a solution. Try using Wine and install the USB software. That may work for you. :)

Sorry for sounding like an idiot, but what is Wine? Thanks for your help though :D

Buoysel

Years
  • Sorry for sounding like an idiot, but what is Wine? Thanks for your help though :D
    Wine is a program that emulates Windows in Unix (IE Linux and OSX). Its a free download, but it isn't perfect. Its real hit and miss. Programs are more likely to work if they don't depend on other applications in the Windows environment, like how some programs require Microsoft .NET Framework.

You can try it / read more bout it here: http://www.winehq.org/

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    Wine is a program that emulates Windows in Unix (IE Linux and OSX). Its a free download, but it isn't perfect. Its real hit and miss. Programs are more likely to work if they don't depend on other applications in the Windows environment, like how some programs require Microsoft .NET Framework.

Oh, good idea, thanks! I found a cafe that works for now, but I will def. look into this in the future.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    i just got a new cisco wifi connection and my ds keeps saying that it cant find it to connect it if you know how to help plz pm or vm i really need to kno

Buoysel

Years
  • i just got a new cisco wifi connection and my ds keeps saying that it cant find it to connect it if you know how to help plz pm or vm i really need to kno

There's not a whole lot we can do to help you with out more information. Do you know what type of encryption if any you are using on the network? The DS is an older device, and does not support the newer encryption methods. It also doesn't support N WiFi networks. If you just bought a new router, it may be set to N only, instead of N and G networks. (The DS works with B and G I believe, I know it works with G for sure.) You should try checking the settings of your router and posting them here for us to look over to be more able to help you. Consult your owners manual of the router to see how to view / edit these settings.

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
  • Hi I'm looking do upgrade from a regular modem, can someone suggest a good wireless router for the DS that is fairly priced(U.S. dollars). Or just suggest routers you have had good experience with....

OR...

Can someone tell me how to get he Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connecter to work on Windows 7(please dont hate me for asking i really dont know, if its possible.).

Any feedback is appreciated and welcome.

Last edited:

Buoysel

Years
  • Hi I'm looking do upgrade from a regular modem, can someone suggest a good wireless router for the DS that is fairly priced(U.S. dollars). Or just suggest routers you have had good experience with.
    Any feedback is appreciated and welcome.

DS's should work with any G router that uses WEP or no encryption. I've personally had more luck with D-Link Routers. My Linksys, works, but it can be temperamental at times. Belkin also makes some decent routers for cheap.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I'm on a library computer and I installed the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. I've connected it with my DSi successfully but when ever I try to do the connection test, it goes from 3 bars back to none and I get Error code: 052203 - 1.

I've disabled the firewall, so what else can I do?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back