• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Still watching through the episodes I passed up before. Just watched what I think was the inspiration for the thread title ;)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Well, the phrase was first used in Blink after all. I loved that episode :p

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I showed it to my boyfriend and he was like "is there no Doctor at all in this episode?" but when the Doctor finally showed up, he said such funny things and were overall awesome so it kind of was enough . :)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Yes indeed. 'twas Blink

Starting with Eleven and then making my way back... it wasn't the best Weeping episode I've seen. Do they show up again during Ten's run?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yes indeed. 'twas Blink

Starting with Eleven and then making my way back... it wasn't the best Weeping episode I've seen. Do they show up again during Ten's run?
Blink has much better Angels than Eleven's episodes imo. Angels were cool back then, but in Eleven's seasons Moffat started breaking many of the rules that he first had established in Blink. Like, the Angels covered their eyes because they wouldn't see each other and thus freeze to stone. But in Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone, there's an army of Angels who seem to be able to look at each other freely. Like, wut? And also "the image of an Angel becomes an Angel" whaaat. Sparrow took a pic of an Angel in Blink and nothing happened.

And no, Blink was their first and only Ten episode.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Blink has much better Angels than Eleven's episodes imo. Angels were cool back then, but in Eleven's seasons Moffat started breaking many of the rules that he first had established in Blink. Like, the Angels covered their eyes because they wouldn't see each other and thus freeze to stone. But in Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone, there's an army of Angels who seem to be able to look at each other freely. Like, wut? And also "the image of an Angel becomes an Angel" whaaat. Sparrow took a pic of an Angel in Blink and nothing happened.

And no, Blink was their first and only Ten episode.
Well, I just thought it was as scary is all. But that's probably because it wasn't the first one I've seen.

Aaand, that's a good point about the image rule. If I was watching these in order and in the moment that probably would have really bugged me

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Not to mention the awful AWFUL reveal shot of how they moved like humans made of stone. They were supposed to be some terrifying Eldritch Abominations that warped time and space to allow movement, and then Lo and Behold, Moffat killed his own creations. And I personally cannot forgive the mess that was Angels in Manhattan. Any statue can be an angel anyone! So lets get the Statue of Liberty to waltz up 5th, surely no one would see it, so that's how it got there so quick! *UGH*

Anno

Rinshan Kaihou!
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
That was a moment that sullied an otherwise very good episode! Feels weren't on the level of Doomsday, or End of Time. But still, gosh...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
No actually I haven't had as much feels in the Moffat era as in the RTD era. Gosh, I remember watchinf Doomsday for the first time. I cried for hours, not even kidding xD and for weeks afterwards I started crying or at least hurting inside when I heard the Doomsday theme. I wonder why the ending there is the saddest thing I've watched on TV.

Anno

Rinshan Kaihou!
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014

You're welcome!

I'm sorry! I just wanted to share the feeeeeeelllllss ;_;

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

You're welcome!

I'm sorry! I just wanted to share the feeeeeeelllllss ;_;

Bawwwww!!

Rose Tyler ;; interesting how people seem to either love or hate her as a companion.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Not to mention the awful AWFUL reveal shot of how they moved like humans made of stone. They were supposed to be some terrifying Eldritch Abominations that warped time and space to allow movement, and then Lo and Behold, Moffat killed his own creations. And I personally cannot forgive the mess that was Angels in Manhattan. Any statue can be an angel anyone! So lets get the Statue of Liberty to waltz up 5th, surely no one would see it, so that's how it got there so quick! *UGH*
I kind of thought Moffat was pulling a Ghostbusters 2 lol

596867-ghostbusters2_3_zpsd1bc60a1.jpg

In a way I think that's somewhat why I'm enjoying watching this series. It reminds me of Ghostbusters XD Supernatural, yet serious, yet outlandish, yet funny all at once

Bawwwww!!

Rose Tyler ;; interesting how people seem to either love or hate her as a companion.
I didn't like her in the first couple episodes. She seemed really... hard? I dunno. I didn't like her personality at first. But she either grew on me or changed a bit. I'm making my way through the Martha run right now. I like Rose far better

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I didn't like her in the first couple episodes. She seemed really... hard? I dunno. I didn't like her personality at first. But she either grew on me or changed a bit. I'm making my way through the Martha run right now. I like Rose far better
Martha becomes a lot better in Season 4 :) when she isn't swooning over the Doctor and instead believes in her own capability. Still, I liked Rose a lot because Billie Piper played her to act like a genuine, overly compassionate and sometimes selfish girl, instead of more plastic and less realistic characters like Amy and Clara. Rose's reactions and lines felt natural while especially Clara very often seems scripted. Like she is, but.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I knew it was a bad idea clicking that play button. Emotion is swelling up inside me now but I feel compelled continue. Gah!

Donna and Rose (and Jack!) were the best companions of the Tenth, no doubt about it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, this episode was great! Better than the robot in the school episode! Really loved it somehow. I was about to start crying at the ending
Spoiler:
But the best part with the whole episode was easily the line: "Are you my mummy?" Twelve does it again, referencing earlier lives xD

Next episode seems like an Earth based one. Usually I'm more of a fan of those, so I'm looking forward to it.

By the way, what are some of your favorite episodes ever? :)

One episode I can watch over and over again is The Eleventh Hour. It's just so enjoyable and such a magical start for Smith's Doctor.

I also love Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead for many reasons. Donna, River, scary and the overall mysterious plot that unravels slowly and is a lot smarter than you initially assumed. A smart episode. And of course one of the most tearful endings.

Anno

Rinshan Kaihou!
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
I feel like I'm the only one who thought Perkins was Gus x.x!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Oh, this episode was great! Better than the robot in the school episode! Really loved it somehow. I was about to start crying at the ending
Spoiler:
But the best part with the whole episode was easily the line: "Are you my mummy?" Twelve does it again, referencing earlier lives xD

There was that and I also spotted jelly babies XD The episode title (and I guess the plot too) is a reference to a previous Doctor too.

And yeah, I really liked this episode overall. It was well paced. Hit all the right notes. Apparently this was this writer's first DW episode output. So, I hope we see more from him

Back