• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've only briefly glanced at it, thought it looked pretty cool. Didn't want to spoil stuff for myself though :3 am on season 3 now.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Speaking of costumes: has anyone else seen Twelve's outfit? If so, what are your thoughts? I'm not sure how I feel.

When I saw it I didn't think anything in particular. Seemed like the typical Doctor suit to me. Kinda disappointing though that it didn't have a "signature look" to it or anything (e.g. Ten's Converses, Eleven's bowtie).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
When I saw it I didn't think anything in particular. Seemed like the typical Doctor suit to me. Kinda disappointing though that it didn't have a "signature look" to it or anything (e.g. Ten's Converses, Eleven's bowtie).
I agree that it's kind of disappointing, but maybe Twelve will be a bit more serious Doctor. You know, away from the young, goofy Doctor, back to the older, more serious guy, like in the original series. We'll see.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I agree that it's kind of disappointing, but maybe Twelve will be a bit more serious Doctor. You know, away from the young, goofy Doctor, back to the older, more serious guy, like in the original series. We'll see.

True. The director actually said in an interview that this season would be more similar to the classic Doctor Who--darker and more edgy. But in his words, "We'll just have to wait and see" :D

Here's the interview: http://io9.com/doctor-who-director-says-capaldi-brings-back-the-classi-1515244187

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Was the old series really darker though? Seemed kind of dorky and fun from what little I've seen, not really like Nine or Ten's brooding ^^

On another note, I asked my little sister today if she knew what Doctor Who was. She replied with "duh, of course, I've seen aaaaall the episodes". So proud.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
I'm starting to like the idea of Capaldi as Twelve.

I really hope the show gets back to its roots from the Classic series. I mean... now that the show is back on its feet, moreso than ever before, it can return to where it was. I'd love to see old plot holes filled in. Like, say, whatever happened to Ace?

Every New Who Doctor has been heavily based off a Doctor before; Eleven copied a lot from Two; Ten copied from Five; and Nine watched a lot of Four while studying the role. Perhaps Capaldi will take from a previous Doctor as well, maybe a more serious Doctor like One or Seven. I even heard rumors of Eight, which'd be interesting.

TARDIS

wherever, whenever
Years
Hello! Posting here with an alt account because tardis wooh :D /someone

Just want to get something straight... Capaldi played in Fires of Pompeii? But... If the Doctor regenerates into his form, saving that Pompeii family must have meant something special to him. Or something. I read somewhere that they've got a bit of a plan surrounding Capaldi playing two roles in the show. Dunno if that was just rumors but sounds cool!

Also, unrelated but this below has got to be the most adorable scene in the entire series (so far, season 4... I'm sort of guessing I'm the only one who's only reached season 4 and dare to set my foot here even though I'm afraid of spoilers of later seasons). I freaking love Donna, she's my favorite companion as of yet. Rose and Doctor is totally my OTP but Donna and Doctor are so much fun, as friends. Martha clinging to him happily and Donna slapping him is such an awesome contrast, haha.
Spoiler:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Just want to get something straight... Capaldi played in Fires of Pompeii? But... If the Doctor regenerates into his form, saving that Pompeii family must have meant something special to him. Or something. I read somewhere that they've got a bit of a plan surrounding Capaldi playing two roles in the show. Dunno if that was just rumors but sounds cool!

Also, unrelated but this below has got to be the most adorable scene in the entire series (so far, season 4... I'm sort of guessing I'm the only one who's only reached season 4 and dare to set my foot here even though I'm afraid of spoilers of later seasons).

Yeah Russel had this idea about Capaldi and contacted Moffat after he heard he was cast. It would be interested, but playing two characters is nothing new in Doctor Who, 6th doc, Amy, Martha, they all played previous d.w roles.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Yeah Russel had this idea about Capaldi and contacted Moffat after he heard he was cast. It would be interested, but playing two characters is nothing new in Doctor Who, 6th doc, Amy, Martha, they all played previous d.w roles.

Capaldi had a huge role in Torchwood as well.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
um hello why are you not talking about the new guy in series 12?! not capaldi. this dude.

Spoiler:

Also considering how much I've disliked Moffat's making the show into his personal fulfilment fantasy, I'm hopeful that Capaldi will be putting his foot down about things. I've heard he's already been arguing with Moffat about lines and actions taken by the Doctor. I really hope he can help cancel out some of the ♥♥♥♥♥♥ writing and bad characterization. :<

Last edited:
Years
I'm excited to see what Anderson will bring! Especially since he works with Clara, I could see him being a relationship interest for her, because think Capaldi's Doctor will be less interested in Clara that way.

I can see him maybe coming in a little later, though, maybe. That way Clara has a chance to realize that Capaldi doesn't see her the same way. Or it could be like Mickey, in that he tags along anyway, but he and Clara develop something later.

Hi, RoyalAries! Nice to meet you!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I'm excited to see what Anderson will bring! Especially since he works with Clara, I could see him being a relationship interest for her, because think Capaldi's Doctor will be less interested in Clara that way.

I can see him maybe coming in a little later, though, maybe. That way Clara has a chance to realize that Capaldi doesn't see her the same way. Or it could be like Mickey, in that he tags along anyway, but he and Clara develop something later.

Hi, RoyalAries! Nice to meet you!

Yea, you're probably right. It's a shame, because I really liked Clara and the Doctor together. Blegh, my ships never seem to happen :P

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
Years
I'm joining because of my unmeasurable love for Doctor Who.

Username Ducklighter
Favorite Doctor Ten
Favorite Companion Donna Noble

I was watching the original series as a child with my dad since he was a huge DW fan. I got back into it during the revival in 2005 and was impressed by how much of a drastic change it had made with the plot. I must commend Christopher Ecceleston on his role in reviving the series because without his role in it, I don't know what could've happened but his Doctor was fantastic (no pun intended).

I did love David Tennant's take on The Doctor. He was fun, dangerous, passionate, strong and humorous in the most inappropriate of times. I felt his Doctor was more engaging to watch and I invested in him emotionally and that was probably due to the efforts of Russel T. Davies who had a thing for the dramatics. Ten was my Doctor for many reasons and that probably had alot to do with the companions and their stories. The specials leading upto his Ten's song ending was deeply saddening for me. I still miss him xD

Matt Smith wasn't my favourite and played his Doctor wonderfully but I didn't really take to him at first because of the handling of Steven Moffat (as much as I admire him as a writer, he kind of messed things up in my opinion). There wasn't enough for me to really engage in because there was usually too much going on. I always tended to need to focus on tiny details rather than the scene but that could be on me, I've got a suspicious nature due to Moffat's need for complicated surprises xD. Overall, Matt Smith really won me over in the later series, especially 6 and 7. I do admire his ability as an actor and I do miss his Doctor when it was time to go.

I'm pretty excited for Peter Capaldi's official episode as The Doctor. I really enjoy him as an actor and the fact they went with someone older is both exciting since it's been a while The Doctor was an older fella. All in all, Capaldi's filmography is enough to excite me and ensure the show is in safe hands with him.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I DONT WANT ANY MORE ROMANCE INVOLVING MAIN CHARACTERS THANK YOU. I just want good characters and interesting stories. ;; Implied romance is fine I guess, like 9/Rose and season 23 6/Peri. But anything more is just getting boring tbh.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
But I love the romancey part ;; I don't really see how River and the Doctor could become a nice thing (only met her twice so far) and will always miss Rose but I don't mind fluff 8) so yeah, implied stuff I guess. And no hints or spoilers abour River now, please, I'll get there soon enough :p

Back