• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • I have a bunch of gems on Steam but not enough to bid on anything good hnnnnnnng >.<

Sell them ASAP. They sell for like 70 cents and if you have a decent amount, you can actually get some good dough off of it. But the auction was never meant for people like us, so sell, sell, sell!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Sell them ASAP. They sell for like 70 cents and if you have a decent amount, you can actually get some good dough off of it. But the auction was never meant for people like us, so sell, sell, sell!
    Um, I don't know how to do that. I don't see an option. ???

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    ^ I have to disagree with the advice to sell them.
    (which, btw, just go into your inventory, click on your gems, and there's an option to convert it into a sack if you're gonna sell them)

BUT, I've found that it's more profitable to turn them into cheap booster packs that sell fairly high. I had 1,200 and made 3 packs for 400 gems each that went for almost 50 cents a pop. o:
    Though that would depend on what games you actually have available, lol.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Whelp, since the Steam sale supposedly starts tomorrow, I'm going to follow tradition and post my "Announcement and Advice" information that I do every major Steam Sale (well, specifically, Christmas and Summer). Here's the one from last year that I'll edit based on the dates and event details once they come to light (as well as the banner they decide on):

Spoiler:

Edited to some extent. If you guys are really interested in getting the best deals during the sale then I ask that you at least consider looking at what I have. And give feedback or suggest tips of your own, the reason I posted it in the DCC was so discussion could be had and so that, ultimately, people would be able to save as much money as possible while getting what they want.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Whelp, since the Steam sale supposedly starts tomorrow, I'm going to follow tradition and post my "Announcement and Advice" information that I do every major Steam Sale (well, specifically, Christmas and Summer). Here's the one from last year that I'll edit based on the dates and event details once they come to light (as well as the banner they decide on):

Spoiler:

Edited to some extent. If you guys are really interested in getting the best deals during the sale then I ask that you at least consider looking at what I have. And give feedback or suggest tips of your own, the reason I posted it in the DCC was so discussion could be had and so that, ultimately, people would be able to save as much money as possible while getting what they want.

I'd totally be down if you wanna make a proper thread. :O Like a Steam Sale Discussion. I could sticky it and everything! ;D

Definitely appreciate the advice as a first-time "deep into it" Steam Saler.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Ugh, Steam Winter Sale...the time when I catch up on the games I wanted to play from this year that I never got around to buying, and then marathon them in the next month before I do my top 10 list.

Thankfully I played most of the games I wanted to this year, but I'd still like to pick up Valiant Hearts and a few other odds and ends. Maybe Child of Light too if it's cheap enough.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I'd totally be down if you wanna make a proper thread. :O Like a Steam Sale Discussion. I could sticky it and everything! ;D

That sounds great! I'll try to update and post as soon as possible once the sale starts.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I'd totally be down if you wanna make a proper thread. :O Like a Steam Sale Discussion. I could sticky it and everything! ;D

Agreed with this! It would actually be really awesome to have some discussion on the steam sales here on PC this year. Especially since there'll be plenty of Flash Sales and plenty to discuss. It could be a great way to ensure users get some good advice and are ensured they get a good deal.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    On the Shall We Date? games on Android tablets how do I get free game money? I need it to get an event item before the end of the month when it expires?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Has anyone heard that there might be a next gen Nintendo console in the works? That's what I've heard when they said that the next major Mario game will be on that~

Sir Codin

Can they please give it, like, at least 4 more years?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yeah, I heard rumors about that too. And I'm with CharChar; please wait a bit before making a new console. Major gaming companies really shouldn't feel the need to **** new games and systems out at the speed of light.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • At the same time, 3DS sales are cratering and Wii U has been dead in the water sales-wise since it released. Nintendo is going to have to have some new hardware in the next year or two, and with all their talk of unified console/handheld architecture, I'm thinking we'll see their next console and handheld release not too far apart from each other.

They can't keep bleeding money on a console that's a commercial flop and a rapidly declining handheld.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I don't think new hardware will resurrect them though. As interesting as the unified architecture would be with all that opens up, they need to adjust their thinking and gain some partners before launching something new.

I think that's what the Wii U is serving as at the moment. Like a weather balloon. Bandai-Namco, Platinum Games, whoever they've tapped for Star Fox, some growing indie support. I think Nintendo knows they can't launch new hardware where they're the sole developer for a long while again.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Has anyone heard that there might be a next gen Nintendo console in the works? That's what I've heard when they said that the next major Mario game will be on that~
    Yep, they will add second tablet and call it Wii U2.

But seriously, just announcing the work on a new console doesn't mean the console will be released in the near future.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I think things will work out. Won't be a monopoly style wunder hit like Apple and the iOS ecosystem, but its going to be gaming's first equivalent, and I can see it making a good sized splash. Especially cause its Nintendo, if they work in Amiibo's, the fresh direction taken by the N3DS, and the freedom indies see on the Wii U all across multiple hardware SKU's with feature parity, all within a be anywhere do all this attitude then maybe, just maybe it will. But yeah, I am not sure if Nintendo even has the capabilities for creating Nintendo OS in the first place, let alone have a handheld/console that work as two sides of the same coin.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Developing it does not mean it's releasing soon. We first heard about this a year ago. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo... they all work on their next console before their previous one is even released
    That's because of how quickly technology improves these days. They might start designing a console with one thing and have a better thing be available late into their console. So they start working with that new tech while they can by starting to develop the next console. The gaming industry has just evolved to keep up with the computer electronics industry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back